Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Man I thought you guys were talking about the other chick in that first video :shaq2: Where can I find more of her.....

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
and thats where I disagree.

I've seen tons of women railing against racism AND sexism.

You can pretend that you don't.

We can also play that "anecdote" game if you want to.

I think you two are arguing two different points. You're arguing what black feminism IS (well is supposed to be anyway) while he's arguing what black feminism HAS BECOME. I've argued with these fake "black feminist" and I assure you, as a woman, this new age group's whole gripe is the black man and black male patriarchy which really doesn't exist. There was a whole twitter debate called #blackpowerisforblackmen and anytime I mentioned white male patriarchy, they either glossed over the fact or completely ignored/dissed it.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
how did I not answer it?

Dude is saying that "race" is supposed to supercede one's gender or that women are trying to shyt on black men.

Are white women trying to shyt on white men?

Ya'll see these gender-isms as attempts at out-doing the other.

Ya'll DONT see that its just one group trying to get up to speed with the other.

If you've got a problem with "black feminists" then you have a problem with "feminism" in the first place.

And don't do that bullshyt tariq thing of "oh well early feminists were racists!" ...which while true doesn't mean shyt in 1960 and doesn't mean shyt in 2013.
The problem with black feminism is that their agenda(whatever it is) is counter productive to the black community as a whole. Black feminism divides the black community which does us no good. There's really no justification for black feminism because black women aren't discriminated against any more than black men are. In fact, you strongly argue that it's the other way around. Black feminists live bragging on how black women are currently outpacing black men but at the same time they refuse to acknowledge that the system is set up for it to be that way.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I think you two are arguing two different points. You're arguing what black feminism IS (well is supposed to be anyway) while he's arguing what black feminism HAS BECOME. I've argued with these fake "black feminist" and I assure you, as a woman, this new age group's whole gripe is the black man and black male patriarchy which really doesn't exist. There was a whole twitter debate called #blackpowerisforblackmen and anytime I mentioned white male patriarchy, they either glossed over the fact or completely ignored/dissed it.
:salute:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

thank you, i gave up on him.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
black feminist have to realize the problems we're having stems from a lack of a strong patriarchal structure. they're confusing all of the manifestations of this puesdo matriarchy in a patriarchal society with just #blackpatriarchy. all this shyt really boils down to some nikka that wrecked their lives or this bs online gender war that made them hate black men wholesale.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The problem with black feminism is that their agenda(whatever it is) is counter productive to the black community as a whole.
I don't see it that way.

Are you immune to the notion that MAYBE some black WOMEN feel a certain way about males (black OR white) and how they act in society?

You know sexism isn't limited to race or community or culture, right?

Black feminism divides the black community which does us no good.
and it also divides the genders, but I don't see you talking about that either.
There's really no justification for black feminism because black women aren't discriminated against any more than black men are.
Prove it.

Something you have to learn when it comes to people who feel they're oppressed: YOU CAN NEVER VALIDATE THEIR POSITION FOR THEM. They have a right to feel how they want to feel

In fact, you strongly argue that it's the other way around. Black feminists live bragging on how black women are currently outpacing black men but at the same time they refuse to acknowledge that the system is set up for it to be that way.

you're combining racism and sexism as if they're all the same thing.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
I think you two are arguing two different points. You're arguing what black feminism IS (well is supposed to be anyway)
We can leave it here then. Well thats what i'll continue to argue. I'm not even a "Black feminist" but I understand their arguments better than to just toss them out without seeing what they're getting at.

You won't get anywhere talking about "what its become" if you're not interested in the underlying cause or helping to reshape or redirect the movement. Thats the tactics of detractors and saboteurs.

while he's arguing what black feminism HAS BECOME.
:camby:

this doesn't help anyone though.

If you realize what feminism should be on paper, then why are you attacking the concept of what it's become instead of trying to improve the state of it?

I've argued with these fake "black feminist" and I assure you, as a woman, this new age group's whole gripe is the black man and black male patriarchy which really doesn't exist.
if they feel that way, they have that right to feel that way. I may disagree or agree, and aside from pure anecdote, I have no way of really confirming that.
There was a whole twitter debate called #blackpowerisforblackmen and anytime I mentioned white male patriarchy, they either glossed over the fact or completely ignored/dissed it.

Oh wow. You said something in the vacuum that is Twitter and no on paid attention to you. :duck: :stopitslime:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
black feminist have to realize the problems we're having stems from a lack of a strong patriarchal structure. they're confusing all of the manifestations of this puesdo matriarchy in a patriarchal society with just #blackpatriarchy. all this shyt really boils down to some nikka that wrecked their lives or this bs online gender war that made them hate black men wholesale.

Troll harder.

Unless ANY WOMAN who claims to be a feminist is just a bratty whore who doesn't know her place, instead of a woman who has problems with sexism or male dominance.

You could learn to live without the blanket statements.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
We can leave it here then. Well thats what i'll continue to argue. I'm not even a "Black feminist" but I understand their arguments better than to just toss them out without seeing what they're getting at.

You won't get anywhere talking about "what its become" if you're not interested in the underlying cause or helping to reshape or redirect the movement. Thats the tactics of detractors and saboteurs.

:camby:

this doesn't help anyone though.

If you realize what feminism should be on paper, then why are you attacking the concept of what it's become instead of trying to improve the state of it?

if they feel that way, they have that right to feel that way. I may disagree or agree, and aside from pure anecdote, I have no way of really confirming that.

Oh wow. You said something in the vacuum that is Twitter and no on paid attention to you. :duck: :stopitslime:
Why are you so hostile though? I only explained to you that you're arguing different points so this will get nowhere. And it's not that they didn't pay attention to it, it's that they kept going back to arguing about black men/black male patriarchy. Not tackling the real issue which is white male patriarchy and I don't see how pointing how what is has become doesn't help, we need to figure out what it truly is then get it back on the right track but whatever.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Why are you so hostile though? I only explained to you that you're arguing different points so this will get nowhere. And it's not that they didn't pay attention to it, it's that they kept going back to arguing about black men/black male patriarchy. Not tackling the real issue which is white male patriarchy and I don't see how pointing how what is has become doesn't help, we need to figure out what it truly is then get it back on the right track but whatever.

Hold up.

Do you not acknowledge that someone can be PRO-BLACK and PRO-WOMAN?

Thats all we really have to talk about right here.

Because theres nothing inherently PRO-BLACK in feminism. and theres nothing inherently PRO-WOMAN in overcoming racism.