Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Hold up.

Do you not acknowledge that someone can be PRO-BLACK and PRO-WOMAN?

Thats all we really have to talk about right here.

Because theres nothing inherently PRO-BLACK in feminism. and theres nothing inherently PRO-WOMAN in overcoming racism.

When did I say that? Yes you can be both but most black feminist are not pro-black. I'm sure there are many out there that I haven't met that are, but the ones I've met so far haven't been. Plus I can admit as a black woman, I have it easier in the dominate society than black men. I don't have to worry about being falsely arrested on drug charges or stopped just for a random pat down, being shot just for walking around, etc. I do admit we black women have hardships but most of it, I would say, comes from being BLACK not a woman. Just look at the Yolanda Spivey case.

Last edited:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
When did I say that? Yes you can be both but most black feminist are not pro-black. I'm sure there are many out there that I haven't met that are, but the ones I've met so far haven't been.

Nice anecdote. :comeon:

You recognize with being pro-black and pro-feminist means, but you're using examples of whats out there to equate to (albeit incorrectly) what the movement actually represents.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Nice anecdote. :comeon:

You recognize with being pro-black and pro-feminist means, but you're using examples of whats out there to equate to (albeit incorrectly) what the movement actually represents.

No I'm showing you that there are some black women who call themselves black feminist out there that don't follow what the movement actually represents and that's what everyone in this thread and Tariq Nasheed has a problem with. I really don't see what you're missing here.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
When did I say that? Yes you can be both but most black feminist are not pro-black. I'm sure there are many out there that I haven't met that are, but the ones I've met so far haven't been. Plus I can admit as a black woman, I haven't it easier in the dominate society than black men. I don't have to worry about being falsely arrested on drug charges or stopped just for a random pat down, being shot just for walking around, etc. I do admit we black women have hardships but most of it, I would say, comes from being BLACK not a woman. Just look at the Yolanda Spivey case.
He/she is a troll, nothing more nothing less. I gave it the benefit of the doubt but it can't help itself.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
No I'm showing you that there are some black women who call themselves black feminist out there that don't follow what the movement actually represents and that's what everyone in this thread and Tariq Nasheed has a problem with. I really don't see what you're missing here.

When has Tariq ever said he agrees with "feminism"?

Dude gets hung up on the fact that there were *gasp* racist whites at one point. :beli:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
When you look at socio-economic stats, blacks (Men and women) tend to be at the bottom of the totem pole in most areas. One of the common areas where I notice black folks tend to do okay in is alcoholism and under-aged drinking. Aside from that.....there are few positive indications.

Wealth
Level of Education
Income
STD rates
Criminal Justice

It's a fukking clusterfukk all around.

Why black feminist continue to ignore this fact, that we are really both in the shyt, I do not know.

Both sexes have some issues that are particular to them. Black men are clearly the most decimated by the criminal justice system. Black women face issues particular to women such as sexual assault and objectification.

From a purely pragmatic standpoint...I really think that it's just practical for us all to fight for racial equality before we fight for gender equality....:yeshrug: If America were "gender equal"....white women will be equal to white men, but blacks (male and female), will still be fukking ******s.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
When you look at socio-economic stats, blacks (Men and women) tend to be at the bottom of the totem pole in most areas. One of the common areas where I notice black folks tend to do okay in is alcoholism and under-aged drinking. Aside from that.....there are few positive indications.

Wealth
Level of Education
Income
STD rates
Criminal Justice

It's a fukking clusterfukk all around.

Why black feminist continue to ignore this fact, that we are really both in the shyt, I do not know.

Both sexes have some issues that are particular to them. Black men are clearly the most decimated by the criminal justice system. Black women face issues particular to women such as sexual assault and objectification.

From a purely pragmatic standpoint...I really think that it's just practical for us all to fight for racial equality before we fight for gender equality....:yeshrug: If America were "gender equal"....white women will be equal to white men, but blacks (male and female), will still be fukking ******s.

pretty much. i don't understand how black women just fight for their gender and say to hell with the boys and men. it makes no sense considering many of these women have brothers and sons. if these women suddenly woke up as black men, their problems would be intensified.

Last edited:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
There was a whole twitter debate called #blackpowerisforblackmen and anytime I mentioned white male patriarchy, they either glossed over the fact or completely ignored/dissed it.

This whole ordeal was disgusting, mainly because it started out as #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen; It was an example of black feminism that even black men were supporting. Black women were going HAM on priviledged white women, it was wonderful....but it quickly morphed into a black-male bashing fest.

Black men and women were rightfully calling out this new, online-journalism based, "Jezebel" feminism for it's clear bigotry against black women....and next thing you know...the movement is taken over by the Clutch Mag/Ebony/Scandal Party/Bed Wench types and it suddenly is ALL ABOUT black men some how.

Most depressing? Black women started #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen. Unfortunately turned it into #blackpowerisforblackmen. But they NEVER went in on white men...who we all know are the true villains behind the curtain. They spent most of their efforts shytting on other black people. Spent a little bit of time questioning white feminism. But didn't even touch upon the true gatekeepers. That shyt was demoralizing, and I ended up unfollowing a TON of black women after that shyt.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This whole ordeal was disgusting, mainly because it started out as #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen; It was an example of black feminism that even black men were supporting. Black women were going HAM on priviledged white women, it was wonderful....but it quickly morphed into a black-male bashing fest.

Black men and women were rightfully calling out this new, online-journalism based, "Jezebel" feminism for it's clear bigotry against black women....and next thing you know...the movement is taken over by the Clutch Mag/Ebony/Scandal Party/Bed Wench types and it suddenly is ALL ABOUT black men some how.

Most depressing? Black women started #SolidarityIsForWhiteWomen. Unfortunately turned it into #blackpowerisforblackmen. But they NEVER went in on white men...who we all know are the true villains behind the curtain. They spent most of their efforts shytting on other black people. Spent a little bit of time questioning white feminism. But didn't even touch upon the true gatekeepers. That shyt was demoralizing, and I ended up unfollowing a TON of black women after that shyt.

new gen black feminist only see black men and white women as their problem. :yeshrug: shyt is real funny how they never have a problem with the real source of 'evil patriarchy'

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
if these women suddenly woke up as black men, they're problems would be intensified.

And if they suddenly woke up as white women, their problems would deflate tremendously.

And *that* is why we need to come together and fight for our race above all else.
new gen black feminist only see black men and white women as their problem. :yeshrug: shyt is real funny how they never have a problem with the real source of 'evil patriarchy'

White men in the background just laughing at everyone....:snoop:

One thing that bed-wench feminist can't ever deny is that black men, even the c00ns that uplift white women, STAY on cacs asses about shyt. We have always kept our eyes on the target.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
When did I say that? Yes you can be both but most black feminist are not pro-black. I'm sure there are many out there that I haven't met that are, but the ones I've met so far haven't been. Plus I can admit as a black woman, I have it easier in the dominate society than black men. I don't have to worry about being falsely arrested on drug charges or stopped just for a random pat down, being shot just for walking around, etc. I do admit we black women have hardships but most of it, I would say, comes from being BLACK not a woman. Just look at the Yolanda Spivey case.

:whew: I'm happy you used "I" for the most part because you definitely don't speak for me or all black women. Different doesn't mean easier. Idk why it has to be :piss: contest anyway.