Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Dr Alexis Pauline Gumbs is a lesbian :patrice: :dead: So cliche. :salute: to her though, i hope she doesn't morph into the majority "i hate black men" black feminist.

ebonykiss

All Star
Daps
:ld:

so far, she's being very lite about her goals and agenda. just basic positive uplifting for those she feels needs it, which is fine. long as she doesn't turn it into a black man hate/go get you something new rhetoric, i dont have many complaints. my main beef is that yall believe your problems are secular and that you can succeed as one half of the race w/o us, when you cant.

and im not looking to cause problems. yall just refuse to admit the real crazy wing of the black feminism that hates black men and worships white men.

The BWE and BBandW women are not feminist for starters , they have beef with feminists... there was an article a while back about black women and educational attainment being the highest of all races, the BWE crew was pissed and wrote articles about black women should focus on getting married etc etc , they were criticized by feminists

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
bruh...what the the fukk.

Do you not realize that THERE IS shyt that pertains to women? Regardless of race?

like what? being protected by legal system? getting jobs easier than your race of men? never having to be accountable because somebody, somewhere, is going to pay for you and kids to have a place to eat and live. tell me what discrimination black women suffer from that black men do not, i will wait

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you REALLY pay attention Tariq gets boxed into this ideological corner on this topic and he's not that skilled at getting out without shouting over his opponent or ignoring blatant misdirection.
Point out what your referring to specifically. I'm being unbiased and i didn't see that. Tariq shouting over people is nothing new btw.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The BWE and BBandW women are not feminist for starters , they have beef with feminists... there was an article a while back about black women and educational attainment being the highest of all races, the BWE crew was pissed and wrote articles about black women should focus on getting married etc etc , they were criticized by feminists
i've read enough bbw (sadly) to know the majority of the readers are feminist. they've had tons of discussions over it and most identify with feminist/womanist.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
like what? being protected by legal system?
Do you want to go back to a time when women WERENT protected by laws?
getting jobs easier than your race of men?
which jobs are these? And why does "race of men" matter? They're 1. Black 2. Women...or 1. Women 2. Black. ITS TWO fukkING THINGS.
never having to be accountable because somebody, somewhere, is going to pay for you and kids to have a place to eat and live.
yeah. i'm calling bullshyt on this welfare queen trope. A lot of women tend to be the ones with the kids. Not always, but often times. Get mad if you want to. i don't see what that has to do with feminism.
tell me what discrimination black women suffer from that black men do not, i will wait
1. Being black

2. Being women.

You nikkas with this revisionist and conveniently spotty history are hilarious to me.

Feminism at its core was about giving women the CHOICE to do what they want.

Acting like MALE and FEMALE interaction was on the same level prior to the 20th century in the western world is a major lie.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Point out what your referring to specifically. I'm being unbiased and i didn't see that. Tariq shouting over people is nothing new btw.
I'm too lazy to pull up the first caller but that dude defended his views pretty well. Tariq was reaching for jokes but there was a few things I thought Tariq was bullshytting on.

The caller had a good point about the fact that BLACK WOMEN were not allowed to be as open and as much of the forefront of civil rights movement...then all dude could do was say "well they were shooting brothers in the streets and we had to protect them" and then tried to back it up with a few names like "angela davis"...c'mon dude. You know full and well thats womens entire point.Then the second caller pointed out that no black men wanted to be taught how to be shooters by this other black female leader (was it Shakur?)

They just want to be included in the conversation.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you want to go back to a time when women WERENT protected by laws? which jobs are these? And why does "race of men" matter? They're 1. Black 2. Women...or 1. Women 2. Black. ITS TWO fukkING THINGS. yeah. i'm calling bullshyt on this welfare queen trope. A lot of women tend to be the ones with the kids. Not always, but often times. Get mad if you want to. i don't see what that has to do with feminism.
1. Being black

2. Being women.

You nikkas with this revisionist and conveniently spotty history are hilarious to me.

Feminism at its core was about giving women the CHOICE to do what they want.

Acting like MALE and FEMALE interaction was on the same level prior to the 20th century in the western world is a major lie.
you didn't really answer his question breh

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
you didn't really answer his question breh

how did I not answer it?

Dude is saying that "race" is supposed to supercede one's gender or that women are trying to shyt on black men.

Are white women trying to shyt on white men?

Ya'll see these gender-isms as attempts at out-doing the other.

Ya'll DONT see that its just one group trying to get up to speed with the other.

If you've got a problem with "black feminists" then you have a problem with "feminism" in the first place.

And don't do that bullshyt tariq thing of "oh well early feminists were racists!" ...which while true doesn't mean shyt in 1960 and doesn't mean shyt in 2013.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
how did I not answer it?

Dude is saying that "race" is supposed to supercede one's gender or that women are trying to shyt on black men.

Are white women trying to shyt on white men?

Ya'll see these gender-isms as attempts at out-doing the other.

Ya'll DONT see that its just one group trying to get up to speed with the other.

If you've got a problem with "black feminists" then you have a problem with "feminism" in the first place.

And don't do that bullshyt tariq thing of "oh well early feminists were racists!" ...which while true doesn't mean shyt in 1960 and doesn't mean shyt in 2013.

i do have an issue with feminism in general but black feminism is particularly strange because their gripes with black men are not the same as the white woman's gripes with her men

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
i do have an issue with feminism in general but black feminism is particularly strange because their gripes with black men are not the same as the white woman's gripes with her men
and thats where I disagree.

I've seen tons of women railing against racism AND sexism.

You can pretend that you don't.

We can also play that "anecdote" game if you want to.