Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
Indeed but with action. Youth centers, mentors, and scholarship. Not saying these gentlemen aren't doing, but are the listeners translating this to action. I spent my whole day yesterday donating items to struggling families in Chicago and teaching inner city students the value of education and making my own pledge to help support them through school socially and financially. How many people are soaking up this information and doing things. That's my point.

That's how I feel too, like ideas are great but actually implementing them is the crux of it. nikkas talkin bout weaves look ugly and shyt how many y'all actually tell yall sistas and women in your lives that their natural hair is beautiful, how many of y'all really give back to the community go to the hood and support rather than move on up and just forget about where you come from? It's great that there's a conversation going on about these issues, but I don't think we understand that the black community is extremely powerful, we need to take that power and actually do something with it. We can't abandon our community. At least I can say that for myself.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things like fundraisers.
my point is how do you know that the people listening to these shows, aren't participating in fundraising, mentoring, group economics etc. Yall assume it's 4 nikkas sitting at a table shytting on black women and nikkas phoning in to cosign. There's no way to confirm what the callers do with their free time. Tariq makes black history documentaries and lectures around the country, Zo is a radio host and mentors young black boys across the country. They are implementing their ideas and there is no way to confirm what the callers are doing, so what are the complaints exactly?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
my point is how do you know that the people listening to these shows, aren't participating in fundraising, mentoring, group economics etc. Yall assume it's 4 nikkas sitting at a table shytting on black women and nikkas phoning in to cosign. There's no way to confirm what the callers do with their free time. Tariq makes black history documentaries and lectures around the country, Zo is a radio host and mentors young black boys across the country. They are implementing their ideas and there is no way to confirm what the callers are doing, so what are the complaints exactly?

There are no complaints, I was just making a point that clearly there isn't enough of that going on because of the current state of the black community. That's why I initially said to you we need more of that. It's great we got these nikkas that's encouraging that, but clearly it doesn't speak for the majority, we ain't practicing enough group economics or encouragement as a whole or any of that.

Daps
Reppin
The Bar
You guys take Tommy way to seriously he’s an entertainer. He’s starting to get that Jason Whitlockesque feel where you already know what he is going to stay. 90% of his material is purely for shock value. I won’t knock his hustle I’m happy the man is getting over. I watch his videos for a laugh, but I’m not like some of you guys taking his shyt as gospel.

That weave thread a couple days back was all Tommy Sotomayor juiced. Some of ya’ll mindless morons need to pay this man for swiping his material.:pachaha:

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Yeah you don't want to be treated equal probably in dating like most women but at least your honest about it even though you didn't say it lol. I'm not for that bullshyt though but I can always respect honesty even if I don't agree with it. Outside of that I don't think it's much you don't want to be treated equally I can think of but I could be wrong.
Well I wanted to be treated equally in a social/political aspect but yes I basically meant in dating I want doors held open, chairs pulled out, etc. lol I'll pay for my own food though.....

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Here's the show from the beginning:

20:00, they basically cosign what i was saying earlier in the barney thread :skip:

edit: 24:00 :skip: they explain bedwenching, reads like shyt i've posted in the past as well

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Well I wanted to be treated equally in a social/political aspect but yes I basically meant in dating I want doors held open, chairs pulled out, etc. lol I'll pay for my own food though.....
Yeah figured that and didn't mention social/political part because for me at least it's a given. That's why I have a small problem with women that I'm in a relationship with. Don't tell me you want equality except when it doesn't benefit you cause then I'm looking at you sideways. Like I said earlier though I respect you and any other person who is at least honest about it even though I don't agree.

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
You guys take Tommy way to seriously he’s an entertainer. He’s starting to get that Jason Whitlockesque feel where you already know what he is going to stay. 90% of his material is purely for shock value. I won’t knock his hustle I’m happy the man is getting over. I watch his videos for a laugh, but I’m not like some of you guys taking his shyt as gospel.

That weave thread a couple days back was all Tommy Sotomayor juiced. Some of ya’ll mindless morons need to pay this man for swiping his material.:pachaha:

When he started fukking that kitten chick I knew he was full of it.

Our issues as a people are highly exploitable. I mean just look at all the movies, shows, books etc.