Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Of course I disagree with that :what:

And I would prefer putting resources behind whichever child seemed more probable to excel and pull others up with them. That is not defined by gender, sorry.

well there's the source of many of the black communities problems right there. black mothers really dont believe in strengthening the boys to protect the women. infact, BC is the exact opposite. black mothers support and parent their daughters, while just loving their sons. so hey, it's all good. you go with your beliefs and i'll roll with mine. just remember your stance when black girls/women are out there needing protection and there's no one there for them

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Which is whose fault? And what can Black women do about it?
its our fault for not being as selfish as black women. when black men talk empowerment, for whatever silly reason, we're thinking of the entire community as a whole. when black women talk empowerment, they specifically want that for their gender. selfish shyt and it's backfired and will continue to backfire in the BC.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Sista, if you believe you have some advantage in the eyes of the white power structure, I have a bridge to sell you. Just ask the woman in Florida that got 20 years for a warning shot.

That's one example. Black men are systematically given longer sentences than black women (speaking toward general trends).

Sweety my race is not my only identity and privilege is a relative term. If you aren't reflective enough to understand the advantage that comes with certain statuses you have (be it your gender or your class) then we have nothing to talk about. Bye.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Glad folks finally just came out and said they think Black issues are more important that women's issue.

What gives people the right to tell what issues are more important to another person?

I can honestly say I am a woman before I am Black. That's how feel. Sexism affects my day to day life. I can't walk down the street without being sexually harassed. If I wear clothing that shows off my body in any way I am automatically labeled as sexually available and men feel they have the right to comment or even touch my body. I have been followed and I have verbally assulted for rejecting a man's advances. But I should pretend like that doesn't affect me because I'm Black? GTFOOHWTBS

I'm sorry but :dead: at being a woman before being black. Yes. That's why no stone was left unturned looking for Lacie Peterson. :bryan: Meanwhile, you've never heard of Latoya Figuero or Jahessye Shockley and you will never will, as of the 33% of black women missing, less than 10% are ever solved and less than half of the disappearances are even investigated.

It's why those same women you align yourself with viewed you as less than 3/5th human up to 59 years ago and prior to that their only use for you was breast milk for their infant. Thirty percent of women in prison are African American and are 4 times as likely to be imprisoned as a white woman. If you're black, you are not afforded the luxury of being your gender before your race.

You are not viewed as equal, and this world is not made for you nor ran by people who care about you or your children. If you hold fast to this sentiment, do the race a favor and don't procreate. God forbid you parturition a young female and feed her this poison instead of telling her the reality of the matter and that is this world will always see color before they see gender.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
well there's the source of many of the black communities problems right there. black mothers really dont believe in strengthening the boys to protect the women. infact, BC is the exact opposite. black mothers support and parent their daughters, while just loving their sons. so hey, it's all good. you go with your beliefs and i'll roll with mine. just remember your stance when black girls/women are out there needing protection and there's no one there for them

Your problem is that you think you can only have one or the other. Communities with in tact family structures do not have your view. They empower both genders, hold both genders responsibile for their actions, and wind up with strong parents who go on to do the same. You want to empower one gender, while holding the other unempowered gender responsible, and the result is a clusterfukk. Its funny that you actually think your opinion is unique and not the resounding opinion of the rest of the Black community (and why it is not improving at the rate it should be now)

And FYI, Black mothers parenting their daughters and loving their sons is actually what you support by your ideologies. You hold Black women responsible for everything under the sun, especially as it concerns relationships between Black men and women. Then, when it comes to other issues, you find some other reason why Black women are still at fault for both their own and Black men's failures and Black men are blameless. THAT is what we call coddling, and that is the behavior associated with the ideology that you claim to not support.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
its our fault for not being as selfish as black women. when black men talk empowerment, for whatever silly reason, we're thinking of the entire community as a whole. when black women talk empowerment, they specifically want that for their gender. selfish shyt and it's backfired and will continue to backfire in the BC.

Well at least we can agree that it's not the Black woman's fault.

Honestly I do think that both sexes need to come together and that is the only way we achieve unity. I think we can agree with that point. I just don't think womanism needs to go away in order for that to happen. I mean true womanism not the "Black man bashing" kind that many guys in there are referring to.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry but :dead: at being a woman before being black. Yes. That's why no stone was left unturned looking for Lacie Peterson. :bryan: Meanwhile, you've never heard of Latoya Figuero or Jahessye Shockley and you will never will, as of the 33% of black women missing, less than 10% are ever solved and less than half of the disappearances are even investigated.

It's why those same women you align yourself with viewed you as less than 3/5th human up to 59 years ago and prior to that their only use for you was breast milk for their infant. Thirty percent of women in prison are African American and are 4 times as likely to be imprisoned as a white woman. If you're black, you are not afforded the luxury of being your gender before your race.

You are not viewed as equal, and this world is not made for you nor ran by people who care about you or your children. If you hold fast to this sentiment, do the race a favor and don't procreate. God forbid you parturition a young female and feed her this poison instead of telling her the reality of the matter and that is this world will always see color before they see gender.

I'm sorry it bothers you that I care about my general safety on a day to day basis but being that you are not a woman I wouldn't expect you to understand but again that is why feminism is needed.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

But what many brothas still don't understand is that Black women do not have the ability to choose. Period. We are women and we are Black. We are that at the same time at all times, it doesn't matter what you see. Its like y'all think we can put our womanhood in our pocket until you are ready for you (not even us) to address it. No one asks you to do that with your manhood, but Black women get it constantly.

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well at least we can agree that it's not the Black woman's fault.

Honestly I do think that both sexes need to come together and that is the only way we achieve unity. I think we can agree with that point. I just don't think womanism needs to go away in order for that to happen. I mean true womanism not the "Black man bashing" kind that many guys in there are referring to.
I agree, Can you define black male privilege though? :patrice:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I'm sorry it bothers you that I care about my general safety on a day to day basis but being that you are not a woman I wouldn't expect you to understand but again that is why feminism is needed.

Tremendous rebuttal brimming with logic. You keep fighting the good fight and practicing feminism when you aren't even considered an equal on your own countries soil.

iGy44eNwkZDVe.gif

Last edited:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
That's one example. Black men are systematically given longer sentences than black women (speaking toward general trends).

Sweety my race is not my only identity and privilege is a relative term. If you aren't reflective enough to understand the advantage that comes with certain statuses you have (be it your gender or your class) then we have nothing to talk about. Bye.

I try to look at the big picture and results. Where have these perceived privileges of either gender empowered us to get vs the dominant society. More mid level jobs for women? Dudes getting sports contracts making them nothing more than a pet on a leash? The whole idea is silly and divisive. We all black. It's no all of them against some of us. But I'm finished here too.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Your problem is that you think you can only have one or the other. Communities with in tact family structures do not have your view. They empower both genders, hold both genders responsibile for their actions, and wind up with strong parents.

that's two lies back to back. first off, other communities definitely empower their men over the women. in return, the men protect and provide for their women. which is why no other race of woman is happy to be seen as "strong" , which is a masculine trait.

You want to empower one gender, while holding the other unempowered gender responsible, and the result is a clusterfukk. Its funny that you actually think your opinion is unique and not the resounding opinion of the rest of the Black community (and why it is not improving at the rate it should be now)

wrong, wrong, wrong. that's why males are supposed to be the leaders in the first place, if something goes wrong, we're accountable for it. right now we have it set up where black women lead, fail, then blame the absence of strong men.

And FYI, Black mothers parenting their daughters and loving their sons is actually what you support by your ideologies. You hold Black women responsible for everything under the sun, especially as it concerns relationships between Black men and women. Then, when it comes to other issues, you find some other reason why Black women are still at fault for both their own and Black men's failures and Black men are blameless. THAT is what we call coddling, and that is the behavior associated with the ideology that you claim to not support.

i hold black women responsible for the things they're responsible for. like independently raising a community of boys who think like women. and i'll tell you this much, it'll just get worse as time goes on. real men will continue to die out while the next generation of boys are raised by women who think like you. so like i said, i dont want to hear any of that protection bullshyt from black women. in 10-15 yrs, im certain black boys will expect black women to protect and provide for them, and it'll be normal too.