Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
You are a walkin piece of hipocrisy based on your avi. You have no leg to stand on to discuss sexism. That's like me trying to convice people to not play football :heh:

The only reason you would think my avi displays any sort of sexism is because you view a woman's body as a sexual object and come from a sexist point of view.

It's all good though. Keep making personal attacks against me. It doesn't makes my argument that women including myself have to deal with sexism on a daily basis any less relevant nor that it should be our priority.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't think either gender should be put before the other but having a strong male is more important than having a strong female. so if i had to back my support and resources into 1 gender, it would be the men. .

But you're the same one who makes up the argument that Black feminists only support and put resources behind Black girls in order to demonize the movement, and here you are revealing you want to do the same with boys :dead:

Like I said, y'all really don't agree with the equality of women. If racism ended today, you'd have every intention of joining up with white men to continue to suppress women. And you are the reason Black feminism was born. Thanks.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
here we go, in typical kenyadoll fashion. comes in here and capes for the cause, only to deny her support for whatever the fukk she's defending :upsetfavre:

I believe in equality FOR ALL; however, that message isn't unique to the feminist movement.
I believe that I experience racism and sexism (which is common sense since I am a black woman).

What exactly am I defending besides those two points?

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thank you. I used to really think some Black men's opposition to Black feminism was just because they didn't understand it. But its clear that they do know exactly its purpose, its just that they actually don't agree with the purpose itself (equality for women). They won't say it in so many words, some will even lie and say they agree with it, but talk long enough with them and you'll see the divisive ideology seep out smh
She misunderstood my point and so did you. Where did i approve women being assaulted or harrassed? :mindblown: Women themselves will point out when a woman is dressing "trashy" but when men acknowledge it, they are sexist?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
But you're the same one who makes up the argument that Black feminists only support and put resources behind Black girls in order to demonize the movement, and here you are revealing you want to do the same with boys :dead:
i specifically said if i had to choose and i gave a pretty damn good reason why. do you disagree that having strong males is more important than having strong women? would you prefer the opposite?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Well in the eyes of the dominant society, you're black before you're a woman.

To the dominant society I am also a piece of shyt welfare queen. I don't think I'll take my notes about how I should feel about myself from a group of people who think they are dominant.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
of course we (the men) are going to be concerned about black issues first, womens issues second. if black women woke up as white women tomorrow, they wouldn't be feminist. if they woke up as black men, however, they'd have a whole host of NEW problems.

You can say the same thing about Black men waking up as White men or Black women. It doesn't make the argement stronger.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She misunderstood my point and so did you. Where did i approve women being assaulted or harrassed? :mindblown: Women themselves will point out when a woman is dressing "trashy" but when men acknowledge it, they are sexist?

Oh don't get me wrong, a lot of women are indoctrinated by sexism too. Just as many Blacks/non-whites are indoctrinated by racism and feelings of inferiority. And I'm not saying you support that, but I see no reason why you would oppose a movement for equality of certain groups if you are indeed for that equality.

That post was more towards some other posters. They know who they are.

i specifically said if i had to choose and i gave a pretty damn good reason why. do you disagree that having strong males is more important than having strong women? would you prefer the opposite?

Of course I disagree with that :what:

And I would prefer putting resources behind whichever child seemed more probable to excel and pull others up with them. That is not defined by gender, sorry.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
Lets not even get into the fact that that is often not the case (especially WITHIN THE BLACK COMMUNITY).

Even if it were true, so we should define ourselves by how society sees us? :patrice:

Never said that....but I feel I'm black before I'm a woman anyway. I also don't fight for feminism because, honestly, I don't want to be treated equal (in certain cases) but that's neither here nor there.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You can say the same thing about Black men waking up as White men or Black women. It doesn't make the argement stronger.
well it would be a false equivalency because there's no advocacy groups for black male empowerment.

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
GTFOH. You are a nikka just like me in the eyes the white men. Stop with that I'm a woman bullshyt. Do u think if me u another black dude and another bw, they would actually separate us? No. They would be like those nikkaz over there. U are lost

Never said I wasn't Black but my womanhood is more of a day to day issue than my "Blackness."

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
There are privileges that we have as women, not necessarily because we are black, that men don't have. Prison sentences being one of them. You see, me being able to acknowledge that my gender gave me an advantage doesn't mean that I don't experience other disadvantages.

Sista, if you believe you have some advantage in the eyes of the white power structure, I have a bridge to sell you. Just ask the woman in Florida that got 20 years for a warning shot.