Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Please ask one of them. I was born in 1986. I didn't become an adult until 2004. I've been going to school and working since then. I didn't participate in any of it.

I thought you were a feminist? Just like you can tell me they started in the 1970s you can't name anything they accomplished for black woman:mindblown:.

Cmon now, don't you find that a little suspicious? You have a group of black females holding onto a movement that has accomplished nothing for them? For 40+ years?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't read black feminist blogs so I can't answer that. All I see is YOU trying to tell me that I don't face inequality because of my gender and that you have it tougher than me when you haven't walked a day in my shoes.

I didn't mention rap as my best example. YOU mentioned rap and I confirmed that there is in deed inequality in the rap industry. YOU brought up rap not me. Also, don't pretend like America was like that once before. There were even "rule of thumb" laws.
i brought up rap because it seems like rap music and church is considered black patriarchy to feminist. you didn't refute it or offer any other forms of so called black male oppression, which im still waiting on.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
do u realize that there are more BW in corporate america than BM. More BW are employed than BM

I'm not the one in here trying to say who has it worse. Yall are (without knowing OR caring what other people face). Again, yall acting like white people do when minorities bring up issues they face. I do know the unemployment rate, especially during this recession, is the highest. I do know that black women outnumber black men by about 30,000 in the "professional, technical, and scientific services industry). I also know that the men out pace the women in executive positions in the professional, technical, and scientific services (http://www1.eeoc.gov/eeoc/statistics/employment/jobpat-eeo1/2012/index.cfm#centercol). I also know that largest number of those women are in clerical positions (63,000).

Idk if that is what you were talking about. If not, please reference the specific statistic you're referring to for the corporate america thing. Are you talking about all private sector companies, Fortune 500, and etc? Are you only talking about being employed or are you talking about being able more move up the ranks.

Finally, how does that change the fact that I experience racism and sexism? When have I denied that black men have issues? Are economic the only thing that matter? Do you want to equality or do you simply want to have black women beneath you?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
do u realize that there are more BW in corporate america than BM. More BW are employed than BM
on one end of the spectrum, all black women do is gloat about how they're way on the mountain top and nikkas are just so beneath them. next breath, we're patriarchal tyrants who control black women with an iron grip. shyt is confusing and i don't think they know how hypocritical they sound :heh:

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Again, you never walked a day in my shoes or any woman's shoes to tell me that I have it easier than you. Again, you are trying to make this an Oppression Olympic. The fact that I'm not a black man and I have no idea what it's like to be one is the reason I won't diminish what you may face. However, yall are quick to tell me how easy my life is.
This isn't about you personally. I don't know who you are, you could be a dude for all I know. I don't understand why you qualify yourself here so much. Like anybody really gives a fukk who you claim to be.

This is about black feminism and that's what it seems like you're repping. Black feminists haven't walked in black mens' shoes, but that hasn't stopped them from claiming that they have it "easier" than black men. Have you ran up on black feminists with the bullshyt you're kicking right here? Black feminists love telling us about socalled "black male privilege", but when we call bullshyt on that it's "uh uh you ain't never walked in my shoes" :childplease: Go tell that to all of the bitter broads whining about how privileged it is to be a black man.

The fact that you believe that two different genders won't have two different experiences (just like two different classes or two different races of people will have two different experiences) is funny. It sounds like yall just want black women to sit down and shut up.

I can admit that my overall experiences as a black (race), woman (gender), with my current economic potential and elite education background (class) are probably qualitatively different than the experience of a low-income black woman.

Just like my experiences as a black woman with high economic potential and an elite education are qualitatively different from a black man with the same economic potential and education background. Just like his experiences are qualitatively different than the young black man in the hood.

We are not all the same. We do not all have the same experiences. We all have unique struggles based on our race, class, and gender. Why is that so hard to understand?
There's nothing hard to understand about men and women not being the same. That's not the point of contention though. The issue that we're debating is the validity of the black feminist movement. I argue that black feminism is an ideology that divides that black community, pitting black women vs black men. I'm not arguing that men and women are the same, facing the exact same problems and having the same experiences. Obviously there are hurdles unique to black men that black women don't have to deal with(as much) and vice versa. I don't think that anyone denies that. I'm saying that while black women do face hurdles because of their gender, creating a movement separate from black men that often makes black men the scapegoat for those problems is disloyal and counterproductive to uplifting the black community as a whole. Not only do black feminists separate themselves from black men, they seemingly work in cahoots with white supremacists against black people.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I thought you were a feminist? Just like you can tell me they started in the 1970s you can't name anything they accomplished for black woman:mindblown:.

Cmon now, don't you find that a little suspicious? You have a group of black females holding onto a movement that has accomplished nothing for them? For 40+ years?

I have stated many times that I am not a feminist. I know when they started because should be common freaking knowledge (or least I thought it was given the rise of Alice Walker and a few other people), but I don't follow the movement. Idk why that is hard to understand. I also know when the holocaust happened, I know when the gay rights movement happened...I know when a lot of thing happened.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Finally, how does that change the fact that I experience racism and sexism? When have I denied that black men have issues? Are economic the only thing that matter? Do you want to equality or do you simply want to have black women beneath you?

what type of systematic sexism do you or any other black woman experience from black men. just answer that straight question without doing a fukking dance

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm reading these posts and laughing.

Somehow Black feminism, a fight for gender equality, divides the Black community and Black sexism, the belief of male superiority/dominion over women, doesn't.

:dead:

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Somehow feminism divides the Black community and sexism doesn't.
I don't think the men in here are approving sexism, but are pointing out this brand of black feminism is dividing the black community.

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
I have stated many times that I am not a feminist. I know when they started because should be common freaking knowledge (or least I thought it was given the rise of Alice Walker and a few other people), but I don't follow the movement. Idk why that is hard to understand. I also know when the holocaust happened, I know when the gay rights movement happened...I know when a lot of thing happened.

why do u go so hard for feminists ideologies then?

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the men in here are approving sexism, but are pointing out this brand of black feminism is dividing the black community.

What brand of feminism?

Also, if the men in here are concerned about the division of the Black community, they should be combatting sexism because it is the entire cause of the Black feminist movement and the reason it continues to grow and thrive.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Somehow Black feminism, a fight for gender equality, divides the Black community and Black sexism, the belief of male superiority/dominion over women, doesn't.

:dead:

black feminism has already done a pretty good job of dividing the community. where is this black male superiority over women, because it hasn't existed in my life time

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What brand of feminism?

Also, if the men in here are concerned about the division of the Black community, they should be combatting sexism because it is the entire cause of the Black feminist movement and the reason it continues to grow and thrive.
what sexism against black women should black men be fighting? where is it coming from? who's the perpetrator?

KingDanz

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What brand of feminism?

Sexism from whom?; and if your referring to black men are these individual instances or the majority of black men?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i wonder if they're going to take it to a "street harassment" argument