Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
:whew: I'm happy you used "I" for the most part because you definitely don't speak for me or all black women. Different doesn't mean easier. Idk why it has to be :piss: contest anyway.

I'll never deny black women have their unique set of problems but that isn't what "black feminism" is about in this day. It's a bash the black man festival.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whew: I'm happy you used "I" for the most part because you definitely don't speak for me or all black women. Different doesn't mean easier. Idk why it has to be :piss: contest anyway.
black women make it a pissing contest by trying to prove they suffer more than black men

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
where did i deny women face sexism?

is there even a word created for all the evil, fukked up shyt men deal with from women?

You clearly denied below that black women face inequality based on gender (there are issues that women uniquely face regardless of race and regardless of who is doing it, especially in the work environment). It simply makes it worse when race (another reason that you face inequality) is added to the equation. That is common sense Marcuz and I don't have time to spell out elementary stuff to you. It's late and I'm about to go to bed.
black feminist aren't challenging racism or sexism :heh: what world are you living in? tell me why you would be a black feminist when your gender isn't the reason for the inequality you receive.

Also if a woman hates men it's call misandry, but you sound like a white person claiming reverse racism.

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You clearly denied below that black women face inequality based on gender (there are issues that women uniquely face regardless of race and regardless of who is doing it, especially in the work environment). It simply makes it worse when race (another reason that you face inequality) is added to the equation. That is common sense Marcuz and I don't have time to spell out elementary stuff to you. It's late and I'm about to go to bed.

Also if a woman hates men it's call misandry, but you sound like a white person claiming reverse racism.

gender isn't the reason for the inequalities black women receive, it's race. if y'all were men, it would be MUCH worse. as the other poster said, if y'all were white women, most black feminist complaints wouldn't be valid!

edit: and not saying women don't face sexism

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
gender isn't the reason for the inequalities black women receive, it's race. if y'all were men, it would be MUCH worse. as the other poster said, if y'all were white women, most black feminist complaints wouldn't be valid!

edit: and not saying women don't face sexism

Saying that I don't face inequality because of my gender (which I do) is denying that black women experience sexism (I guess only white women are women to you...not surprised since you think black women are beasts). You sound hella stupid telling me that I don't face the same gender based inequalities that white women, who are simply women, face. If I were white I would still experience the same gender based inequality. It just so happens that I am both black and a woman (the deck is stacked twice against me) so I experience inequality based on both. If I were poor (technically I am) then that is another identity that subjects me to inequality. This stuff is not rocket science.

I face inequalities in my graduate department. Some because of my race and some because I am a woman (and every woman in the department is subject to the same mistreatment). You are worse than white people who deny racism.

Race, gender, and class are all statuses that can lead to unique inequalities.

Mr. Somebody

Friend Of A Friend
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Saying that I don't face inequality because of my gender (which I do) is denying that black women experience sexism (I guess only white women are women to you...not surprised since you think black women are beasts). You sound hella stupid telling me that I don't face the same gender based inequalities that white women, who are simply women, face. If I were white I would still experience the same gender based inequality. It just so happens that I am both black and a woman (the deck is stacked twice against me) so I experience inequality based on both. If I were poor (technically I am) then that is another identity that subjects me to inequality. This stuff is not rocket science.

I face inequalities in my graduate department. Some because of my race and some because I am a woman (and every woman in the department is subject to the same mistreatment). You are worse than white people who deny racism.

Race, gender, and class are all statuses that can lead to unique inequalities.
If the hurdles women face as women were overcome do you think the problems you face as a black woman would be trumped by equality for women friend? Im sorry but arent we in the demonic realm? :wtf:

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
If the hurdles women face as women were overcome do you think the problems you face as a black woman would be trumped by equality for women friend? Im sorry but arent we in the demonic realm? :wtf:

I'm don't really understand what you are trying trying to ask. However, I clearly stated that I face inequalities related to my blackness and related to my womanhood. Being black and being a woman is two different experiences and both come with complications because of society.

Spoonz

Just Wild
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
West Virginia
I'm don't really understand what you are trying trying to ask. However, I clearly stated that I face inequalities related to my blackness and related to my womanhood. Being black and being a woman is two different experiences and both come with complications because of society.

I'm not sexist but I think black women face more racism than sexism...since slavery the problem's always been they're not seen like other women because people dont see them as just women.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
I'm not sexist but I think black women face more racism than sexism...since slavery the problem's always been they're not seen like other women because people dont see them as just women.

Well I haven't used any qualifiers like more or less to describe my experiences with sexism or racism, and I never will. I experience sexism and I experience racism. Why is there a need for me to try to qualify how much of one or the other? Aren't they both negative experiences based on something that I had no control over?

It's like people (not necessarily you) work so hard to try to get me to deny my womanhood just because I'm black (I see you just added the last part to speak to this). Denying that I can experience sexism (not necessarily you) is also denying that I can experience what other women feel.

In the words of Sojourner Truth, "AIN'T I A WOMAN?"

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Well I haven't used any qualifiers like more or less to describe my experiences with sexism or racism, and I never will. I experience sexism and I experience racism. Why is there a need for me to try to qualify how much of one or the other? Aren't they both negative experiences based on something that I had no control over?

It's like people (not necessarily you) work so hard to try to get me to deny my womanhood just because I'm black (I see you just added the last part to speak to this). Denying that I can experience sexism (not necessarily you) is also denying that I can experience what other women feel.

In the words of Sojourner Truth, "AIN'T I A WOMAN?"

nobody is trying to deny your womanhood :heh: i'm just tired of black women saying everything is evil black patriarchy when we have no patriarchy in the BC. if you face systematic discrimination because of gender, it isn't coming from black men. unless you're going to go the rap music route, in which case, black women willingly participate in their own oppression.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
nobody is trying to deny your womanhood :heh: i'm just tired of black women saying everything is evil black patriarchy when we have no patriarchy in the BC. if you face systematic discrimination because of gender, it isn't coming from black men. unless you're going to go the rap music route, in which case, black women willingly participate in their own oppression.

Yes you have throughout this entire thread. Second I haven't said anything about black men. I simply said I experience racism and sexism, but you want me to deny one of them. Also, not all black women, but yes there is gender inequality in the world of rap too (and there are some women who happily participate).

Like my roommate just said, this isn't Oppression Olympics dude.