Zo Williams Show with both Tariq Nasheed & Tommy Sotomayor

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes you have throughout this entire thread. Second I haven't said anything about black men. I simply said I experience racism and sexism, but you want me to deny one of them. Also, not all black women, but yes there is gender inequality in the world of rap too (and there are some women who happily participate).

Like my roommate just said, this isn't Oppression Olympics dude.

black feminism makes it the oppression olympics by telling the world they suffer immeasurably compared to their men. how many black feminist blogs have you read that makes comparisons to the media attn black males receive when we're slain or injustice happens compared to the females. how many BF blogs are always talking about how they're surpassing their men in education and careers? i mean who's really making it a damn competition?

but if rap music is your best definition of systematic oppressionism from black men -- consider yourself fukking lucky you're not in a real patriarchy where they're busting their women upside the head for even thinking of not getting with the program

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Saying that I don't face inequality because of my gender (which I do) is denying that black women experience sexism (I guess only white women are women to you...not surprised since you think black women are beasts). You sound hella stupid telling me that I don't face the same gender based inequalities that white women, who are simply women, face. If I were white I would still experience the same gender based inequality. It just so happens that I am both black and a woman (the deck is stacked twice against me) so I experience inequality based on both. If I were poor (technically I am) then that is another identity that subjects me to inequality. This stuff is not rocket science.

I face inequalities in my graduate department. Some because of my race and some because I am a woman (and every woman in the department is subject to the same mistreatment). You are worse than white people who deny racism.

Race, gender, and class are all statuses that can lead to unique inequalities.
Here's the thing though, in this system black men face more discrimination in the job market/workplace(education system, judicial system, ect) than black women do. Black women aligning themselves with this feminist ideology are the ones initiating this figurative pissing match(which is mostly about dikk envy), acting as if their problems are of more importance. As black women your hurdles aren't any more special or important than the hurdles that black men face, so there's no need to to separate yourselves from black men. The idea that gender discrimination is only something that black women have to deal with is completely false and black women(and some black men) need to stop perpetuating that lie.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
black feminism makes it the oppression olympics by telling the world they suffer immeasurably compared to their men. how many black feminist blogs have you read that makes comparisons to the media attn black males receive when we're slain or injustice happens compared to the females. how many BF blogs are always talking about how they're surpassing their men in education and careers? i mean who's really making it a damn competition?

but if rap music is your best definition of systematic oppressionism from black men -- consider yourself fukking lucky you're not in a real patriarchy where they're busting their women upside the head for even thinking of not getting with the program

I don't read black feminist blogs so I can't answer that. All I see is YOU trying to tell me that I don't face inequality because of my gender and that you have it tougher than me when you haven't walked a day in my shoes.

I didn't mention rap as my best example. YOU mentioned rap and I confirmed that there is in deed inequality in the rap industry. YOU brought up rap not me. Also, don't pretend like America was like that once before. There were even "rule of thumb" laws.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Here's the thing though, in this system black men face more discrimination in the job market/workplace(education system, judicial system, ect) than black women do. Black women aligning themselves with this feminist ideology are the ones initiating this figurative pissing match(which is mostly about dikk envy), acting as if their problems are of more importance. As black women your hurdles aren't any more special or important than the hurdles that black men face, so there's no need to to separate yourselves from black men. The idea that gender discrimination is only something that black women has to deal with is completely false and black women(and some black men) need to stop perpetuating that lie.

Again, you never walked a day in my shoes or any woman's shoes to tell me that I have it easier than you. Again, you are trying to make this an Oppression Olympic. The fact that I'm not a black man and I have no idea what it's like to be one is the reason I won't diminish what you may face. However, yall are quick to tell me how easy my life is.

The fact that you believe that two different genders won't have two different experiences (just like two different classes or two different races of people will have two different experiences) is funny. It sounds like yall just want black women to sit down and shut up.

I can admit that my overall experiences as a black (race), woman (gender), with my current economic potential and elite education background (class) are probably qualitatively different than the experience of a low-income black woman.

Just like my experiences as a black woman with high economic potential and an elite education are qualitatively different from a black man with the same economic potential and education background. Just like his experiences are qualitatively different than the young black man in the hood.

We are not all the same. We do not all have the same experiences. We all have unique struggles based on our race, class, and gender. Why is that so hard to understand?

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
G.O.A.T City
Again, you never walked a day in my shoes or any woman's shoes to tell me that I have it easier than you. Again, you are trying to make this an Oppression Olympic. The fact that I'm not a black man and I have no idea what it's like to be one is the reason I won't diminish what you may face. However, yall are quick to tell me how easy my life is.

The fact that you believe that two different genders won't have two different experiences (just like two different classes or two different races of people will have two different experiences) is funny. It sounds like yall just want black women to sit down and shut up.

I can admit that my overall experiences as a black (race), woman (gender), with my current economic potential and elite education background (class) are probably qualitatively different than the experience of a low-income black woman.

Just like my experiences as a black woman with high economic potential and an elite education is qualitatively different from a black man with the same economic potential and education background. Just like his experiences are qualitatively different than the young black man in the hood.

We are not all the same. We do not all have the same experiences. We all have unique struggles based on our race, class, and gender. Why is that so hard to understand?

Do you love arguing? Jesus :dead:

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
My question is where did all this black feminist shyt pop up from all of a sudden. This shyt just came out the blue

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
My question is where did all this black feminist shyt pop up from all of a sudden. This shyt just came out the blue

Womanism, or black feminism, emerged in like the 1970s. Black women still participated in white feminist causes before then, but the white brand of feminism did not address the fact that black women also experienced oppression because of their race.

Busted_Toes

Veteran
Daps
Womanism, or black feminism, emerged in like the 1970s. Black women still participated in white feminist causes before then, but the white brand of feminism did not address the fact that black women also experienced oppression because of their race.
Your talking about real definition of black feminism, not the current black men bashing fest known today as black feminism.

Deluuxe

Deadly Jester
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Yea, I know there was black feminism back then but I didn't know black woman were still holding on to it :pachaha:. So since the 1970s til now 2013 what has this black feminism accomplished for black woman?

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Your talking about real definition of black feminism, not the current black men bashing fest known today as black feminism.

I just answered the man's question. What is, was, and suppose to be is something you have to argue with someone else. I simply know the literature.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Yea, I know there was black feminism back then but I didn't know black woman were still holding on to it :pachaha:. So since the 1970s til now 2013 what has this black feminism accomplished for black woman?

Please ask one of them. I was born in 1986. I didn't become an adult until 2004. I've been going to school and working since then. I didn't participate in any of it.