Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Knicks got outplayed when it mattered and Thibs got outcoached. At the end of the day, they're still ahead of schedule with three picks in this draft and cap flexibility to bring back who they want and build the way they want. They just proved that they've got a ways to go and still need more talent. Leon Rose has a lot to work with, so we'll see how he builds now. I'd bring Randle back and try to consolidate picks and space for a star to take weight off him. Try to bring Rose and Bullock back (but Bully as a bench piece, playoffs proved he's too limited for a starting role). Hopefully depth comes from within as RJ, IQ, and Obi develop plus Vildoza arrives.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Whatever you do, keep y'all assets, and pray a superstar or at least a consistent star becomes available via trade within the next few years.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I genuinely wish I could share your optimism, but your post reminds me that Randle struggled last year with fans, played great when the fans disappeared, and then struggled again when the fans came back.

I just don’t believe this is a coincidence, and think this season was likely a mirage that we all really wanted to be real.

We need a star...simple as that. Maybe we can finally get lucky and draft one, maybe one decides he wants the bright lights of NYC...but whatever the source...we need a star.
On one hand Randle underperformed he failed to make open jumpers and a predictable triple threat game was exposed. His average touch and lack of explosion and wingspan showed on contested drives against a real rim protector.

On the other hand there was zero adjustments or innovation made by Thibs and he was surrounded by a mediocre supporting cast of shooters and ball handlers.

Then you have the fact that dude just isn’t good enough for the usage required to maximize him. A maxed out Randle is a guaranteed treadmill team shyt a fringe playoff team moving forward if major improvements aren’t made. Teams around the league will make moves and fans will come back next season.

I also don’t like two bully balling leftys with him and Barrett. It just doesn’t bode well for playoff ball. :skip:

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
Mitchell wouldn’t have changed the outcome of this series.

I would actually consider selling high on him but I know how y’all feel about son. :lolbron:

His Rebounding alone would’ve made a big difference.

Biggest spot he was missed was his lob presence...Noel has stone hands and Taj not built like that.

We already know with Mitch you just have to throw it up there and he got it.

Trae Killed us, but Capela was the MVP of the series, with Hunter not far behind

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
@Steezy @Sly Cookin @AVXL

So, I'm of the school of thought that if the nikka that beats your ass, in turn, gets HIS ASS BEAT...

That's just another L for me, because that means the second nikka could beat my ass.

For that reason, I want to say we got beat by the best team in the playoffs.

So what am I saying?

:wow:

I'm rooting for yall and that bald headed young master splinter.

I hope y'all fukk everyone up... especially Brooklyn

Good shyt:salute:

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
If you watched this game and all the rebounds Atlanta just out hustled us for and don't think Mitchell would've at least made this a closer game, I gotta assume you just don't appreciate his game
A closer game? :mjlol:

Nikka he ain’t preventing this L

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
My priorities this off-season

1. Get us a real point guard. Someone who can run an offense and is at least a shooting threat
2. A legit 3 that can take randle’s starting spot. Someone who can play some defense and shoot the 3 decently
3. Good backup bigs. That can rebound and get a block or 2
4. Get more picks or move up but we have to get a player that has legit superstar or star potential
5. Star hunting