Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
Again, i don’t think you can do that to him perception wise, unless he asked to be traded. Besides, we need players to add to what we’ve built, not rebuilding on the fly yet again. Dame and whatever we can scrounge together in free agency isn’t enough to make us much better than we are now.
Outside of Randle, I don't think we have enough players to scrounge around.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. I see a bigger upside in building Toppin over Randle and I don't wanna empty the whole clip for Dame when we have Randle.

It would be:
Dame
RJ
Bullock/Suggs or Green
Toppin
Nerlens

Rose
Quickley
Burk
2021 2nd pick
Taj/Pelle Pelle

If that was me.

This team will have a better upside than Portland imo.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
While I think y’all will play better at home and your role players will feed off the crowd at MSG I think we’ve made the necessary adjustments to put this series away tomorrow night.

Y’all seriously need to put Rose back on the bench. When this series was close, y’all bench severely outplayed ours. Since Rose has started Game 3 & 4 that bench advantage has gone away and your offense hasn’t cracked 100. Y’all need that bench scoring and need to keep Rose fresh. I’d put Rose on the bench, elevate Elf or Frank and put Taj back on the bench too. I think the right combination could keep it close but realistically I don’t see another path to victory in this series for y’all
I'd start Quickley and Burk over Frank at point and put Bullock with Rose off the bench.

I hate to say it but Randle is the reason for these losses. He's the ball handler and they knew how to capitalize off that. Rose is just too nice for ATL to hold but we need another weapon.

That Trae/Lou hybrid of consistency on and off the bench is what killed us.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn

If these nikkas have ANY HEART, they will fight tooth and nail to prevent these nikkas from celebrating on the Garden floor.

I respect it, though. This is who we are; we talk shyt; we get in your face.

But I'll be damned if the Knicks don't claw back at these nikkas.

Time for true inspiration... GOAT speech...

Last edited:

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I'd trade Randle and picks for Lilliard.

From Dame's side, he has no desire to leave Portland, and if he does ever decide to move on, it's going to be to a place where he can contend immediately (ala KG). If Portland moves anyone, it'll be CJ.

From our side, trading for a 30 year old player on a Supermax, while giving up picks and assets makes no sense. Much respect to Dame, but he's not on that Bron/KD tier of talent. A trade like that puts us pretty close to the situation we had with Carmelo. You're either hoping RJ's tracjectory skyrockets or else we're back to praying every summer for a homerun because our star player "needs help"

No thanks

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
From Dame's side, he has no desire to leave Portland, and if he does ever decide to move on, it's going to be to a place where he can contend immediately (ala KG). If Portland moves anyone, it'll be CJ.

From our side, trading for a 30 year old player on a Supermax, while giving up picks and assets makes no sense. Much respect to Dame, but he's not on that Bron/KD tier of talent. A trade like that puts us pretty close to the situation we had with Carmelo. You're either hoping RJ's tracjectory skyrockets or else we're back to praying every summer for a homerun because our star player "needs help"

No thanks
So essentially you need Randle to get Dame. In that case, I'd go for Brogdon or pg from OKC or SAC. Someone young and compliments without an ego. I think Bullock, Toppin and Burk can step up in Randles absence on a more consistent level. A nice point guard just further elevates that and if we get a top 5 pick, that's a good future.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
You're a smarter poster than this
We have 5 first picks in the next 3 years alone. Lonzo, Brad, RJ, Julius and Mitch is still a sub 30 year old, young and competitive team. We literally couldn’t do better than that lineup next season other than signing Kawhi.