Yung Knickas Wildin|Draft Picks Stylin|Grimes n Mcbride Got Bball God's Smilin NYK Discussion Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It’s a shytty FA:francis:.

Gary Trent or Norman Powell might be a good look but are either of them outright better than say Timmy was idk. Last year was good and 2022 will be good. Otto Porter and Oubre are the best SF outside of Kawhi, Timmy might be the best SG this year. It’s that level of FA.

Also I don’t want to trade Randle, just not extend him after this horrible series. This could have been a career year and nothing else. Unless he was going to give the Knicks a discount, his cap hold is the same as extend max would be so he isn’t going anywhere unless he wants to go.
But his max his extension max is 4/116. His max next summer will be 5/201. It’s actually better for us to extend him now. I think he’s worst 4/100 and would literally do a backflip if he took that deal.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
But his max his extension max is 4/116. His max next summer will be 5/201. It’s actually better for us to extend him now. I think he’s worst 4/100 and would literally do a backflip if he took that deal.
We are going over the cap regardless. If the plan is to trade him sure but the difference in money only affects Dolan. Plus if Dolan actually is capable of learning he should be hesitant to pay someone after a career year when then fukked up in the playoffs

Man... I’d do it. I’d be way more satisfied with Lonzo Ball if Beal was his back court mate.
:stopitslime: You sound like a 2000’s Dolan, friend

lib123

All Star
Daps

Do you think he would turn down 4/116?

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Do you think he would turn down 4/116?
Idk. He’d have to gamble on himself, replicate this year, perform in next years playoffs and hope someone is going to give him 4/160 next summer.
He probably should turn it down. He can easily get that extension level deal next summer too. He can only go up from that contract.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Idk. He’d have to gamble on himself, replicate this year, perform in next years playoffs and hope someone is going to give him 4/160 next summer.
He probably should turn it down. He can easily get that extension level deal next summer too. He can only go up from that contract.

I don't think it would be wise to risk 116M for an additional 30-40M. Look at IT, Cousins and (probably) Oladipo. Injuries happen.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I'd trade Randle and picks for Lilliard.
Again, i don’t think you can do that to him perception wise, unless he asked to be traded. Besides, we need players to add to what we’ve built, not rebuilding on the fly yet again. Dame and whatever we can scrounge together in free agency isn’t enough to make us much better than we are now.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I don't think it would be wise to risk 116M for an additional 30-40M. Look at IT, Cousins and (probably) Oladipo. Injuries happen.
That’s fair. He could do the Kawhi type deal too. Sign a 2 year extension with a 1 year ETO and then get the 35% max in 2023.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Just listened to Zach Lowe and Kevin Pelton break down the Knicks Hawks and Pelton thinks the last hope we have of saving this series is Burks for Bullock in the starting lineup. The problem is it leaves no offensive playmaking on the bench but i personally feel like you can solve that by playing RJ with the bench finally.
I’d personally say fukk it and start Obi too and just put Julius at center and force the Hawks to A) try and hide Trae and B) play Julius straight up which i don’t think they can.

Zach still doesn’t think our predicament is hopeless even though it looks like it. Winning Game 5 puts all the pressure on Atlanta to win Game 6 and not have to deal with an MSG game 7 crowd. While Trae isn’t scared of the moment, his teammates sure as hell could be.

Pelton also thinks that RJ and Randle need to work on the right hand a bit more and noted that Left handed players tend to drop off in the playoffs more than right handed players since lefties tend to be more left hand dominant and teams have an easier time scheming to take that away.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I think 4 year deal with 4th year a player option is most realistic. Honestly I can't see any team giving Julius Randle a 35% supermax though.
Word. But that’s the thing with negotiations. Players want the most a team can give and sometimes don’t care if it’s not from their home team. If Julius thinks the Knicks offering him 80 cents on the dollar is an insult, even tho it’s STILL more than any team can offer him, he could walk because guys are caught up in that “I’m a Max guy”. I believe that’s the exact situation that led Al Horford to leave Atlanta and sign with Boston.

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Just listened to Zach Lowe and Kevin Pelton break down the Knicks Hawks and Pelton thinks the last hope we have of saving this series is Burks for Bullock in the starting lineup. The problem is it leaves no offensive playmaking on the bench but i personally feel like you can solve that by playing RJ with the bench finally.
I’d personally say fukk it and start Obi too and just put Julius at center and force the Hawks to A) try and hide Trae and B) play Julius straight up which i don’t think they can.

Zach still doesn’t think our predicament is hopeless even though it looks like it. Winning Game 5 puts all the pressure on Atlanta to win Game 6 and not have to deal with an MSG game 7 crowd. While Trae isn’t scared of the moment, his teammates sure as hell could be.

Pelton also thinks that RJ and Randle need to work on the right hand a bit more and noted that Left handed players tend to drop off in the playoffs more than right handed players since lefties tend to be more left hand dominant and teams have an easier time scheming to take that away.

While I think y’all will play better at home and your role players will feed off the crowd at MSG I think we’ve made the necessary adjustments to put this series away tomorrow night.

Y’all seriously need to put Rose back on the bench. When this series was close, y’all bench severely outplayed ours. Since Rose has started Game 3 & 4 that bench advantage has gone away and your offense hasn’t cracked 100. Y’all need that bench scoring and need to keep Rose fresh. I’d put Rose on the bench, elevate Elf or Frank and put Taj back on the bench too. I think the right combination could keep it close but realistically I don’t see another path to victory in this series for y’all