YouTube censorship is getting out of control

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It takes money to maintain your own website.

Creators will simply go to a competitor that will offer them less restrictions and money.

There is no competitor for YouTube right now

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing about YouTube is they cheap out and let bots run their site. They try to manage the entire site in this hands off way that just leads to chaos and isn't a good way to run a site. They need actual people to manage the site and work with the creators.

Even Myspace fell. At one point it was one of the biggest sites on the internet and now it's nothing. YouTube can fall too and if they keep messing with their community they likely will.
MySpace fell because of fb

There's no realistic alternatives right now to yt

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
MySpace fell because of fb

There's no realistic alternatives right now to yt
But YouTube is prime to fall. They treat their content creators like trash and if an alternative so happened to rise they wouldn't have to do much to convince the biggest YouTube creators to flee.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But YouTube is prime to fall. They treat their content creators like trash and if an alternative so happened to rise they wouldn't have to do much to convince the biggest YouTube creators to flee.
I agree but that alternative hasn't stepped up and if this so called alternative would have to censor the vids to bring on the advertising

So nothing really changes in the long run

The wild Wild West is over

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps

YouTube is not falling anytime soon. And with every creator leaving, another one that offers the same content and quality will quickly take their place. Alternatives need to have deep deep pockets to offer the infrastructure and monetization opportunities YouTube offers.

That's where YouTube stands out from Dailymotion, Video, etcm

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
YouTube is not falling anytime soon. And with every creator leaving, another one that offers the same content and quality will quickly take their place. Alternatives need to have deep deep pockets to offer the infrastructure and monetization opportunities YouTube offers.

That's where YouTube stands out from Dailymotion, Video, etcm
So when the vast majority can no longer monetize their videos what happens? Because a lot of the stuff that's most popular on YouTube is getting ads turned off. Lots of gaming videos can't get ads for example because of violence in games.

Rigby.

The #1 Rated Mixtape of all Time
Daps
Reppin
JordanHareStadium
Twitch is best built to defeat YouTube, but even then, the overall amount of shyt you can find on YT will just never be touched by Twitch. I think twitch could very easily become better in certain lanes YT depends on, I just don't think it could own ALL those lanes.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No name no blame. I watching this one vid and dude is saying some foul sh1t about race. Then a Christian Mingle ad comes up I'm like :wtf:

Breh...it might have been OkCupid or something, but one of these dating sites posted stats that showed that White Christians are the most :mjpls: when it comes to rating / matching with non-white users. In that sense, this isn't necessarily a mismatch at all in terms of reaching the target demographic, moreso just embarrassing for the brand.

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah that's BS. If advertisers have an issue with certain content, let them be the ones to say that they don't want their ad on certain video and then pull that particular ad from that particular video. Otherwise, just get out of the fukking way. Was anyone asking for this in earnest? Who are these people that have problems with actual successful content? It just makes no sense to me.
Think you can actually have manual, human supervision of ad content across a site as large as youtube brehs.