YouTube censorship is getting out of control

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Think you can actually have manual, human supervision of ad content across a site as large as youtube brehs.
Be slow on purpose brehs. :stopitslime:

That what you are highlighting is exactly how this came about. Someone, some human, cherry picked specific ads aligned with specific videos and directed the attention of some major advirtisers to it. Clearly I'm not suggesting having some person watch every video, but it's almost impossible to know which company takes issue with what cause. I'm suggesting that outside of curse words, the advertisers have to be specific about what they oppose and allow YT to build algorithms to accommodate their wishes. But don't just jump ship like some bytches just because other whiny bytches wanna play dumb and act like a YT ad that pops up on some random video represents the views of that company.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
There's COD guys like TheMarkofJ who have never even cursed in a video :what:

The YT COD community is huge and advertisers will miss out on the millions of views those videos get. Why don't they rate channels as mature and put controversial ones in a seperate, demonetized category. That way a channel like Vice can get ads for a documentary on Marijuana but a stoner channel where they get high won't.

Chris made a Smoove move years ago when he dumped COD for 2K:wow:
It's not about cursing it's about depictions of war as YouTube puts it because the WWII theme is flagging the system.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not about cursing it's about depictions of war as YouTube puts it because the WWII theme is flagging the system.

I know but that is still ridiculous on YouTube's part. Every COD game has promotions from Doritos and Mountain Dew. There's a huge demographic that is completely lost now. I've seen ads for Alien Covenant and that's an R rated movie so there are ads directed at adults on YouTube.

When the new COD is released the larger channels easily pull in millions of views each day. Advertisers will want a piece of that. I'm guessing that YouTube will have this resolved by the time the game is released and they will monetize COD.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yep.

You can't let yourself become dependent on the vehicle once you get a sizable audience
CGR has almost half a million subs. At one point he tried to leave YouTube and upload his videos to his own site. It was a failure. He eventually came back when Patreon took off. The content creators still depend on YouTube even if they collect money in other ways. It's a pretty unstable way to live. I'm not saying a 9-5 is stable but it's more so than uploading videos to someone else's site.

YouTube and Google don't even give those guys health insurance. They have to buy all that stuff on their own. All their money is cut 3 or more ways Google gets a cut the MCN gets a cut then they get the rest. All these companies take the majority of the money and in a moments notice throw you to the wolves. Basically nobody in any way stands up for you or protects you. Google will shyt on your legal rights in a heartbeat to appease corporations and the majority of YouTubers don't make enough money to fight back.

I don't envy YouTubers at all. It's not a life I'd choose. I especially couldn't play games 8 hours a day 5-6 days a week like some of them do.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
People are getting demonized left and right. I think we're at the beginning of the end of YouTube as we know it. Whatever emerges from the ashes will be something we don't recognize or want.

YouTube has an unsolvable problem of policing content. It's too big a site to have people on the staff manually do that. They have to get a machine to do it and it's failing at it miserably.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are getting demonized left and right. I think we're at the beginning of the end of YouTube as we know it. Whatever emerges from the ashes will be something we don't recognize or want.

YouTube has an unsolvable problem of policing content. It's too big a site to have people on the staff manually do that. They have to get a machine to do it and it's failing at it miserably.
One dude I follow touched on that. He mentions you can get a demonetized video monetize again if you state your case

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Some people have had their whole page demonetized no matter what type of content they put out

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One dude I follow touched on that. He mentions you can get a demonetized video monetize again if you state your case

If you have the wrong politics or put out content that's against George Soros's agenda then demonetization will happen. Men lifting weights? Nah we're off that. Get a sex change and give tutorials on feminine voice techniques.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Platforms like Vidme, Twitch, and Facebook Watch are gonna grow immensely in the coming months from all these frustrated demonetized Youtubers. YouTube is getting too big for its own good and its showing in the improper policing of content that have no reason to be demonetized.

It's days as the top go-to video platform on the internet are numbered if they do not do something about their extreme censorship.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Some people have had their whole page demonetized no matter what type of content they put out
One of those right wing guys posted a video basically about nothing and seconds after posting it the video had its ads disabled.

There's likely a list of repeat offenders.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you have the wrong politics or put out content that's against George Soros's agenda then demonetization will happen. Men lifting weights? Nah we're off that. Get a sex change and give tutorials on feminine voice techniques.
I think what their doing is making sure the top tier youtubers keep getting paid and squeezing the rest

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Platforms like Vidme, Twitch, and Facebook Watch are gonna grow immensely in the coming months from all these frustrated demonetized Youtubers. YouTube is getting too big for its own good and its showing in the improper policing of content that have no reason to be demonetized.
Eventually they'll run into the same problem YouTube did though. If you have user generated content uploaded and share ad revenue with those users you'll have to police what they do to satisfy the advertisers. You then have to keep the amount of users you share revenue with small enough to manage or if you continue to grow how can you realistically expect to control what ads get put on? There's no good solution to that problem.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO

It's days as the top go-to video platform on the internet are numbered if they do not do something about their extreme censorship.
If the advertisers say to any of these services "u are not getting any of my money, until u can assure me my ad will not be ran on content that is not good for the brand" it's gonna be pretty much the same imo

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.

Twitch is pretty much the way to go :yeshrug: youtubers are already making patreons that is one step away from twitch donations.