YouTube censorship is getting out of control

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
So when the vast majority can no longer monetize their videos what happens? Because a lot of the stuff that's most popular on YouTube is getting ads turned off. Lots of gaming videos can't get ads for example because of violence in games.
call me cynical, but I think dudes are trying to make money, and not die on their sword to fight censorship. they're gonna make sure their videos can be monetized

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
call me cynical, but I think dudes are trying to make money, and not die on their sword to fight censorship. they're gonna make sure their videos can be monetized
Exactly

No matter platform your on you gotta abide by the rules to get paid

They all have to adjust whether they like it or not

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

Yeah, someone like Chris Smoove is insulated from this because he never cursed to begin with, dude been on that PG tip for years.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Think you can actually have manual, human supervision of ad content across a site as large as youtube brehs.

Facebook recently announced 3,000 additional employees to monitor the violent content on their Live service. YouTube can easily do the same to solve their problems. But they rather rely on algorithms and artificial intelligence to do the dirty work and we all know those things are not 100% accurate.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Reality

Make your own luck.
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facebook recently announced 3,000 additional employees to monitor the violent content on their Live service. YouTube can easily do the same to solve their problems. But they rather rely on algorithms and artificial intelligence to do the dirty work and we all know those things are not 100% accurate.

"Easily" hire 3,000 people? :mjlol: We don't even know that what Facebook is doing will work (my money's on no.)

Facebook's business model also isn't built around live content in the same way Youtube / Google's biz model is built around ads. Fall back breh you're simplifying way too much.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Yeah, someone like Chris Smoove is insulated from this because he never cursed to begin with, dude been on that PG tip for years.
Smart brother. One of the few Youtube personalities I actually respect.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
LMAO I just found out about the COd shyt. Blame that stupid worthless cac pewdipie for this shyt

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://kotaku.com/youtubers-say-they-cant-make-money-covering-call-of-dut-1794884320
Call of Duty is still pretty popular. Whole channels are based off it and one day a switch is flipped and those videos can't be monetized for nonsensical reasoning.

There's COD guys like TheMarkofJ who have never even cursed in a video :what:

The YT COD community is huge and advertisers will miss out on the millions of views those videos get. Why don't they rate channels as mature and put controversial ones in a seperate, demonetized category. That way a channel like Vice can get ads for a documentary on Marijuana but a stoner channel where they get high won't.

Chris made a Smoove move years ago when he dumped COD for 2K:wow: