Your thoughts on Sweet Baby Inc and the fight against ‘anti-woke’

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
This has been the latest rage on the internet, surprised no one here is talking about it.

Every corporate industry has consultants they can pass the buck to the public when they fukk up when they make bad/unpopular decisions.

This is actually SBI's job.

:pachaha: Eat shyt in public for decisions consumers hate. It's backfired because it's supposed to be "canceling insurance," but, they pissed off "the other side."

I doubt SBI has any real power. I doubt they are "forcing anything." But, ppl have noticed patterns in game writing and new "rules" and they have someone to blame.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Seems like this type of consulting happens for any mainstream product, focus testing, surveys etc have always been a thing - films, television, toys, advertising - games are at that level now.

There's a difference between pandering and tasteful representation. It really depends, and I mostly don't give a shyt if the game is fun

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
If you need an entire consulting company to advise you on how to write different people into a narrative, or to simply "look inclusive enough" to boost sales...you have much deeper questions to be asking yourself as an industry.

But why do any kind of self analysis and involve people who don't look/think like you, when you can just throw money at the problem amirite guise?

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah adding blacks in a game 'just because' is forced. To say otherwise means you think the all female cast in ghost busters were great.

I want authentic black titles, not last minute changes.

We need more black panthers and more Wesley snipes. Even Forspoken was good in my book.

What the fukk is this? Once again this is supposedly a black forum yall

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
What the fukk is this? Once again this is supposedly a black forum yall

You want cold leftovers,

I want the main course. :manny:Give us more games like Forspoken where we are the main focal point.

Adding a gay side quest to Spiderman 2 did nothing for the game in any regard. Same goes for the deaf girl. Nobody cared about those parts. Folks was tryna hurry up and get to venom game play.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:mjlol: Please tell us how can you add black people into a story. Without cacs in those spaces calling it forced or woke? Does every story have to take place in Africa, or the hood for them to be authentic? Because they be calling any and every black lead game woke.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
Cacs are trying to rewrite history with that one. They said that CJ was accepted but I remember the racist shyt on game FAQs and Neogaf.
:mjpls:Yup they even created a mod for a white CJ. And let’s not forget about this meme.
F60kRlKW4AAQ9Or

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
You want cold leftovers,

I want the main course. :manny:Give us more games like Forspoken where we are the main focal point.

Adding a gay side quest to Spiderman 2 did nothing for the game in any regard. Same goes for the deaf girl. Nobody cared about those parts. Folks was tryna hurry up and get to venom game play.
I liked Forspoken

The non Harlem quest in SM2 I didn't care for.

But Miles deaf shorty is cool to me :yeshrug:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Typically it’s…
  • Black/Brown people = woke agenda
  • Gays = woke agenda
  • Women (only if not big breasted and cute) = woke agenda
  • Any kind of non-able bodied representation = woke agenda

But resetera are just as annoying…they are currently lashing out at Unicorn Overlord because it has sexy women and no gays. :yeshrug:

Neogaf and Resetera make The Arcadium seem like a moderate paradise
100%.

Ultimately all I care about is seeing more quality/heroic/badass/romanticized black folks availed in popular media (movies, tv shows, games, cartoons). If the LGBT, disabled ppl, white ppl, brown ppl, midgets, eskimos, etc., get shine too, cool and good for them... tho i only care about what i care about. I don't got a laundry list checking for them others.

I'm also not one who would condemn or impede anyone trying to be repped either, but i do have issues with the execution of the initiative. i.e. every streaming show the sole black character now has to be the sole gay/lesbian. Or to your point, about Resteria.

With that said, i've always said to brehs don't get triggered/manipulated into joining that anti-woke parade, because those white folks talking about you (us) too :mjlol:

White folks monopolize an industry, make all the essential characters white to pander to themselves, then when a non-white person is added (a year later or decades later), they then make accusations of pandering :dead: