Your thoughts on Sweet Baby Inc and the fight against ‘anti-woke’

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Bro I don't get how TLOU2 is "woke", outside of maybe the transgender kid.

Like everyone else, I'm just so exhausted listening to both the "woke" and anti-woke camps.

I think seeing a variety of different races and demographics is my games is great. I don't need a mission where Batman helps a transgender person figure out what toy they want to use to fukk their partner that works at Starbucks. There's a balance to this that's really, really easy to land on.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bro I don't get how TLOU2 is "woke", outside of maybe the transgender kid.

Like everyone else, I'm just so exhausted listening to both the "woke" and anti-woke camps.

I think seeing a variety of different races and demographics is my games is great. I don't need a mission where Batman helps a transgender person figure out what toy they want to use to fukk their partner that works at Starbucks. There's a balance to this that's really, really easy to land on.

1. Two lesbians raising a kid.

2. Abby being built like a man, it takes the “strong and empowered” female trope to another level.

3. Damn near all the men in the game are portrayed as bad or weak(Joel is a horrible man and father, Abby’s ex is a cheater, ).

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
1. Two lesbians raising a kid.

2. Abby being built like a man, it takes the “strong and empowered” female trope to another level.

3. Damn near all the men in the game are portrayed as bad or weak(Joel is a horrible man and father, Abby’s ex is a cheater, ).
  1. How can you incorporate gay characters in a game without it being considered woke?
  2. Her physique is model after a real person. But I’ll agree in a post apocalyptic world. She shouldn’t be that damn big lol. But for story purposes it “kinda” makes sense.
  3. Almost every character in TLOU’s world is bad, and Joel deserved what happened to him.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
  1. How can you incorporate gay characters in a game without it being considered woke?
  2. Her physique is model after a real person. But I’ll agree in a post apocalyptic world. She shouldn’t be that damn big lol. But for story purposes it “kinda” makes sense.
  3. Almost every character in TLOU’s world is bad, and Joel deserved what happened to him.

1. By not throwing it in people’s faces. The first gameplay of TLOU2 shown was right after Elle kissing Deena. They literally shown that to market the game, and got a lot of ppl talking about said kiss back then. :skip:

On the flip side, shows like Invicible and The Boys have gay characters, but we not seeing promos highlighting those characters’ sexualities. :dead:

2. It’s a doomsday world, Abby would need a lot of food to be that built, and resources are limited(half the game is scavenging for supplies and resource management :skip:)

3. I’m not gon fight you on that one :hubie:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
1. By not throwing it in people’s faces. The first gameplay of TLOU2 shown was right after Elle kissing Deena. They literally shown that to market the game, and got a lot of ppl talking about said kiss back then. :skip:

On the flip side, shows like Invicible and The Boys have gay characters, but we not seeing promos highlighting those characters’ sexualities. :dead:

2. It’s a doomsday world, Abby would need a lot of food to be that built, and resources are limited(half the game is scavenging for supplies and resource management :skip:)

3. I’m not gon fight you on that one :hubie:
  1. :mjlol:I’ll be real the criticism of “Throwing it in people’s faces” only applies to gay characters lol. You acting like Ellie looked at the screen and yelled “we’re gay!” On some 4th walked breaking shyt.
  2. I agree Abby’s physique is too much for the world that ND established. But I get the purpose lol.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
  1. :mjlol:I’ll be real the criticism of “Throwing it in people’s face” only applies to gay characters lol. You acting like Ellie looked at the screen and yelled “we’re gay!” On some 4th walked breaking shyt.

Ellie sticks her tongue down Dina’s throat and does this

giphy.gif

Also the abby shyt is a dumb criticism cause yall will go watch mad max where they are fighting over just WATER and half the cast look like body builders and models

Безумный Макс, три раза ку и малиновые штаны.

Get this woke shyt out of my face!!!!

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I saw this one tweet from a streamer saying “I hope the MGS3 remake isn’t political.”

Metal Gear Solid, The most political game series in gaming.:skip:

That was Asmongold and he was being sarcastic. He's used that same joke several times.

How streamers act and what they say will make a hell of a lot more sense to you when you realize 90% of it is farming engagement. They say things that can be misconstrued purposely to get publicity, and people fall for it every time.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
That was Asmongold and he was being sarcastic. He's used that same joke several times.

How streamers act and what they say will make a hell of a lot more sense to you when you realize 90% of it is farming engagement. They say things that can be misconstrued purposely to get publicity, and people fall for it every time.

Fred.

The only problem with him and is that he really be on that type of time for other games.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The only problem with him and is that he really be on that type of time for other games.

I'm telling you cats they are on whatever type of time gets them attention. Streamers say/do dumb sh*t and/or in some cases fabricate situations (like Pokemane claiming her editor was jacking off to her) to get people talking about them.

Fred.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I'm telling you cats they are on whatever type of time gets them attention. Streamers say/do dumb sh*t and/or in some cases fabricate situations (like Pokemane claiming her editor was jacking off to her) to get people talking about them.

Fred.

I mean, thats kind of the issue, this whole shyt is a grift. There are obviously some alt-right type incels genuinely mad about it but the people at the top are definitely just using it to farm engagement. I don’t believe any of this shyt is genuine.