Your most hated mechanic or things used in game design still?

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Randomly generated loot, which 99% of the time end with you getting the same 20 items you already have while requiring divine intervention for you to obtain the other 60, often times resulting in you finishing the game after 40+ hours with only 45 - 60 % of clothing/weapons actually collected. Xenoverse is the absolute worst at this. I also had to bring a sleeping bag to Gladrags in Hogwarts Legacy and spend half the winter being reminded that I had a, "Sharp eye for fashion," as I was forced to stake out the joint for the Dark Arts Cloak.

dark_arts_cloak_femalegear_hogwarts_legacy_wiki_guide_250px.png

Meanwhile, I had collected and sold several dozen Poacher Coats and Illustrious House Robes.

:martin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Randomly generated loot, which 99% of the time end with you getting the same 20 items you already have while requiring divine intervention for you to obtain the other 60, often times resulting in you finishing the game after 40+ hours with only 45 - 60 % of clothing/weapons actually collected. Xenoverse is the absolute worst at this. I also had to bring a sleeping bag to Gladrags in Hogwarts Legacy and spend half the winter being reminded that I had a, "Sharp eye for fashion," as I was forced to stake out the joint for the Dark Arts Cloak.

dark_arts_cloak_femalegear_hogwarts_legacy_wiki_guide_250px.png

Meanwhile, I had collected and sold several dozen Poacher Coats and Illustrious House Robes.

:martin:

Its the reason i hate the team ninja games lootsystems. I HAAAAATE randomized loot.

The entire RISK and REWARD factor that makes Souls games good is knowing that there is a unique item that sits in one place that you have to struggle to get to. You know if its hard to get its worth it.

Unlike these games where you go out of your way to get an item and risk your souls and its some dumb shyt you already got in your inventory already in different color

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Unlike these games where you go out of your way to get an item and risk your souls and its some dumb shyt you already got in your inventory already in different color

Might be the biggest pet peeve of mine currently. The only game I found it tolerable in was AC Odyssey, and that was only because the drops were so plentiful and the game eventually gave you the item you were fishing for without too much grief. It also helped that the Legendary items were in set locations and/or on specific cultists and mercenaries.

Even so, it's ridiculous and is a way for devs to artificially pad your playing time. I'd much rather they make loot considerably less frequent if it meant each item of apparel or looted weapon was unique.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I hate how you usually fail missions on racing games if you don’t come in 1st all the time. There’s no way a nikka is going to win every single race. :what:
That's the good thing with Need for Speed Unbound. In the single player campaign, other than the boss races, you can progress without coming in 1st place.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Open world games where the world doesn't react to your clothes

I should be able to walk into a police station with police clothes and they cool, but, trip if I have regular clothes on

The rival gang should press me if I come into the neighborhood with rivalry colors

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I can't stand the over-scripting of player movements. Every time your character ducks under something, jumps over something, steps down off the curb, there's a stupid, long-ass, animation. Why not just make the game on rails for fuq sake. Sony first party games are notorious for this, but they did it in Gears 5 too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can't stand the over-scripting of player movements. Every time your character ducks under something, jumps over something, steps down off the curb, there's a stupid, long-ass, animation. Why not just make the game on rails for fuq sake. Sony first party games are notorious for this, but they did it in Gears 5 too.

RDR2 was the worst offender

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
I start twitching whenever there's flying in a Rockstar game.

Water levels and water levels where you have to catch your breath

Auto fail/sneak only missions

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
RDR2 was the worst offender
i actually like that.
I hate the opposite. it bothers me when they don't animate walking up and down stairs specifically. makes it feel like everything is secretly a ramp with a stair skins over them.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
i actually like that.
I hate the opposite. it bothers me when they don't animate walking up and down stairs specifically. makes it feel like everything is secretly a ramp with a stair skins over them.
There are ways to create better in-game animations. But I don't know if implementing an in-game cutscene for every time you duck, jump, or climb, is better when it's supposedly an action/adventure game.