Your most hated mechanic or things used in game design still?

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
this might not be a mechanic but in games like GOW where you get the strongest customizations/weapons at the end of the game before the last battle or even afterwards. wtf is the point? the game is over at that point. yea there are a few battles you can do after the game if you havent already done it before the final battle. give me that shyt midway through and make the enemies harder going forward

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
An actual obstacle blocking the way or being turned back automatically. Not a place that looks reachable but you’re locked off it’s nauseating and removes immersion.

Hmm maybe I’d have to see an example. I feel like most things in TLOU are blocked off by bushes/cars/debris

Daps
Hmm maybe I’d have to see an example. I feel like most things in TLOU are blocked off by bushes/cars/debris
I am talking the original game the long corridors where there’s like a little bit of trash blocking your way and you can see over it.

If you could climb over it or if not at least bump into an object in a realistic manner put their hands out touch it and you feel the haptic feedback that there is an immovable object blocking your way. Some things that block your way are unrealistic you can actually get past that shyt in reality.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
OD collectibles that add nothing but another thing to do in the game. Just Ubisoft open world game design in general.
Yep this is what I came in to say.
Empty ass open worlds.
Filled with pseudo fulfilling mechanics designed to waste your time.
If you're gonna make an open world then make it like elden ring. Every single location is there for a reason and has some useful shyt for you to discover. Stop spoon feeding us quests and items and let us go find them. That's what makes open world games fun.
Look at skyrim shyt still getting played to this day and people are discovering things. Not everything needs to be marked on the map and encounters should be memorable

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
-"Survival Mechanics" and "Roguelike/lite elements". Today, if I see either in a non-Survival/Roguelike game's description, I will not play that shyt

-Collect-A-Thons

-"Forced walking sections". I wanna play the gotdamn game, not watch it lol

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Having to start a new game with no upgraded skills in a direct sequel. Yeah I get it, but I just learned all that shyt. You telling me you forgot everything we worked on in the gym just because you starting an adventure in a new location :beli:
Yeah, this 1000 times over. I'm like, you're going to get new shyt most likely anyways. Give me my old shyt and just build on that and let the damn AI and enemies just be harder from the jump. I wouldn't even be mad at if they made it where they would only do this if you have a save file from the previous game to pull from so they can see exactly where you were at with your shyt and make new adopters to the series just start this way and have seasoned vets forced start on the harder difficulty levels.