You know why there won't be disc next gen?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
once again, ain't ready to put up nothing you talking about...

first off... i said respectively dummy.. that means i bet dude 3 months on a ban.. him vs me.. then i bet you the 100k. nobody has to do two things. pay attention.

i thought you would honor 100k, seeing how ain't nobody bout to die over no video games... well one of us isn't.. but here you go with the juelzing to talk your way out of it

now you can't speak for sony... so basically you could have just said "microsoft next gen platform won't have a disc" but you didn't... and i bet you ain't willing to bet that one either :camby:
Sohh I'm willing to put my life on the line but not 100k? Just sign the contract, but I'll probably forget and you won't remind me :mjcry:
And it's been in a steady decline for half a decade.

Streaming has already surpassed it.

But let's pretend like record and video rental businesses stores haven't all but disappeared.

Or pretend that the only way to get people to buy physical media is to make them pay an annual membership then give them games at 20% off.

GCU is gone. Time to get on the wave. :mjgrin:
:popcorn:
Streaming can be quality adjusted on the fly via transcoding. Games with these 4k textures cannot. ISP are limiting bandwidth too much here to go full digital yet. Never mind other countries with worse connections...
1.) Last gen when all of Canada had 250gb maximums they would say the same shyt, you was here, do you remember?

2.)We stream 4k videos now, it was believed last gen that 4k anything was 20yrs off because of the same reasons you speak today. What I can tell you is that the way data is transferred today is outdated. You heard of Microsoft fast start right? The system will learn how to download data in smarter faster ways, this also applies to streaming :ufdup: the cloud will handle the heavy lifting, the console will deliver that to your tv. Not that long ago it would take 24hrs to download 3 songs off am album. And our speeds have doubled every two years (in America) but that's because of the hustle. The internet itself is being capped by the cable companies, we could be having 10tb speeds but where's the profit in that :manny:

3.)This strawman other countries with slow connections talk is bullshyt, there are a lot of lesser developed countries than here with better internet. Be the first and actually name this country(s) that is holding up progress for the rest of the world, I'll wait :popcorn3:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Unless internet speeds are up to the demand, I don't see the shyt happening. Case in point Gears 4 took me the better part of 2 days to download. 45gb on the disc, the better part of 100GB updates. It was so bad that Microsoft gave me a months Xbox live and Xbox game pass as an apology.

I'm not saying that the discless console isn't coming but doubt if next gen will go that way

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
PS4 has a bluray player, not 4K.

got a separate 4k player anyway.

the issue is not having the disc. So only cats who bought digital are spared if drives are eliminated. And it also pisses off brick and mortar stores who make bread off games. They no longer have an incentive to push the consoles.
PS4 Pro does not support 4K Blu-ray discs because nobody uses them - Geek.com

Toys r us closed today, only gamestops rely on games. All these other places don't or no longer exist. Brick n mortar :laff: you old nikkaz kill me, it's great to be 29 and this fine :steviej:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Unless internet speeds are up to the demand, I don't see the shyt happening. Case in point Gears 4 took me the better part of 2 days to download. 45gb on the disc, the better part of 100GB updates. It was so bad that Microsoft gave me a months Xbox live and Xbox game pass as an apology.

I'm not saying that the discless console isn't coming but doubt if next gen will go that way
2days to download 55gb :stopitslime:

That's 27.5gb a day or 1.8something gb an hour which is approximately 30mb a minute which leaves us at speeds of 500kb a sec. Why is it Microsoft's fault that you have a plan that throttles you after your 10gb of data is up :dwillhuh:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
2days to download 55gb :stopitslime:

That's 27.5gb a day or 1.8something gb an hour which is approximately 30mb a minute which leaves us at speeds of 500kb a sec. Why is it Microsoft's fault that you have a plan that throttles you after your 10gb of data is up :dwillhuh:
That shyt doesn't happen on the PS4.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I bought a ps4 pro, downloaded a few games since I had the extra harddrive space and went over my data cap for the month.
:francis:

As long as that's an issue, I dont see next gen going digital only.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
Streaming games is trash. I have no problem with disk-less systems tho. Since switching to the PC, I don't miss it at all.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Why is it Microsoft's fault that you have a plan that throttles you after your 10gb of data is up
How is Microsoft planning to go digital only when they cant control shady ISPs and their shady business practices?

They expect us to be downloading 100+ GB games with these data caps and monopolies in place?

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
something major we will not like big time gone happen next gen, and gonna HAVE to accept it regardless.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
If you insist, breh. Microsoft admitted that they messed up and compensated me.
How did they mess up?

And if they messed up, how did they fix the problem :sas1:

Finally, after Microsoft determined they throttled your live speeds to 500kb a second, they then said "our bad, we'll pay you because of our negligence"

You must be someone really important for them to do all that :francis:
How is Microsoft planning to go digital only when they cant control shady ISPs and their shady business practices?

They expect us to be downloading 100+ GB games with these data caps and monopolies in place?
3 things...

What is your limit?

What company so you use?

Do you download a lot?

There isn't the limitations you speak of unless you're cheating. Like, if you complaining that you can't download games over boost mobile then the problem isn't Microsoft. And while the cable companies are shady they are not against people wanting to use their service so they do work with consumer trends. Videogaming is extremely popular and they wouldn't dare limit how a person games for fear of losing that costumer to a competitor. So in conclusion, you got chicken little syndrome :ld:

Last edited: