You know why there won't be disc next gen?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yup.
Cats already forgot about what happened with net neutrality :francis:
and what microsoft went through last gen, just trying to make it always on.... not even no disc... just connect to the internet once every 24 hours and the world went into a uproar that they still haven't recovered from

then next year they gonna announce always on AND no discs whatsoever... we getting 4k hdr games on download only? but they'll be cheaper and the system will be cheaper..

can't wait :sas2:

GreenGrass

All Star
Daps
PC games are no longer cheaper than console games. The time of $40 new pc releases went away a few years ago. New games cost $60, just like on consoles.

They are easier to pirate though (as long as you don’t want multiplayer)
I am pretty sure you can go online but if i have a a PC gaming machine that can play 2K or 4K games, then why not buy it legally and play them online? i am sure they have like servers for pirated people.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I am pretty sure you can go online but if i have a a PC gaming machine that can play 2K or 4K games, then why not buy it legally and play them online? i am sure they have like servers for pirated people.
I'm sure there's no cheaters on pirate servers :troll:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
There won't be disc next gen on the major systems. How much Coli cash you want to put up?

3 month ban bet?

and what microsoft went through last gen, just trying to make it always on.... not even no disc... just connect to the internet once every 24 hours and the world went into a uproar that they still haven't recovered from

then next year they gonna announce always on AND no discs whatsoever... we getting 4k hdr games on download only? but they'll be cheaper and the system will be cheaper..

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
It damn well better be, da fuk :usure:

Removing the entire disc drive from a console, meaning no blu-rays n shyt?? I will definitely opt for that version if they do go that route since I only digitally download anyway, but I’m not buying the bum box if it’s only going to be $50 less.

$100 I’m :patrice:

Anything over $100 and I won’t think twice. I’ve been trying to migrate over to PC master race but that Xbox ecosystem is just :ahh:

Drop nearly $1000 for a gaming laptop only for it to collect dust and envy my 1X

Dog a disc drive not being in a console not driving the price down $100

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
You really believe ps5 and Xbox 2 won’t have discs?

I’ll put up all my Coli cash on that.
I belive they won't have disc.

They'll have digital downloads or if they must they'll be on locked down USB sticks like they do for PC/Mac software /OS.

They can then either change the form factor or use that new space for something else.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Of course there will be.

Infrastructure isn't in place yet to be downloading big ass 250gb games and shyt.
You won't need to :stop:
Stop it.

Then why we still have blu-ray disc, dvd disc, 4k disc? music cds?, etc.
The console leader this gen can't do most of what you just wrote, evolution is moving faster than you realize :francis:
They do away with disks im not gonna buy a game next gen

Idgaf, i aint PAYING $60 for a damn game anymore
Without YOU realizing it they did away with disc this gen. Games this gen don't load from disc anymore, so all you're doing is either uploading the base game from disc (to your hdd) or you're downloading the base game from the internet. You then get updates from the internet and more times than not gamers are playing their games online. The system is online as well because that gets updated as well plus you pay to play it online but Lord forbid you get the game from online, now that's crazy talk :whoa:

I disagree :dwillhuh:

i'll ban bet any idiot who thinks this... just like i did the last 2 gens as well... coli cash too.. come lose your money
100,000 coli and/or real life, fukk it, lets put our lives on it while we at it cuz anyone who disagree with my opinion had it coming anyway :hhh:
I doubt it, but I could see them offering a disc- less version of the consoles, possibly at a cheaper price :ehh:

Call it a "green" or "eco" version, since you're technically saving the environment, and there you go :ehh:
Yes and no, depending on the UHD market by 2020. If it catches on with the progression towards 4KTV sets then it'll be offered for that reason. It's already useless in today's world with the way games benefit from updates/etc.
You'd kill backwards compatibility removing the drive. Gonna be outrage
And yet you're cool with the ps4 not having bluray functionality :jbhmm:

Let me hit you with this, where you gonna buy your games from? Gamestop isn't happy with Gamepass right? Gaikai, ps now, wake up from fanboy view of the world for one sec. There won't be many places to buy physical games outside of Wal-Mart before the end of next gen. Stream to any device says one company, you would say something like you did that with your vita. You will and Sony will introduce a vita2 (name subject to change) so they too can stream to other devices but it won't be as elaborate as the cloud setup you spent all this gen mocking....Tru Story :ufdup:

How you enjoying Gran Turismo Sport :sas2:

As for system pricing, you're right, it's why Xbox probably already has next gen sown up :yeshrug: You know (not heard) you know they plan to stream console quality to any device. So what does that mean for a console? I been telling you all since Sohh.com what it is, Courtdogstradamus is never wrong :blessed:

It's evolving into its own cable company basically (or Netflix) but it was always said that it would be something like how Sega did with Comcast back in the 90's. Cable companies blocked features from the Xbox one because of fear it would cut into their profit margins (anyone paying attention?) So the Xbox/Netflix angle is what the cloud is for but it's capable of so much more than just what we think. People think cloud and think storage, the average person doesn't think about the computing angle. Crackdown3 is just an example of what's possible with cloud computing. People don't realize that is scratching the surface. Please anyone point out a single :duck:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
It'd be funny if the next Xbox doesn't have a disc drive. I'd love to see the narrative from those who boasted about BC.
The majority of gamers do not have games from previous gens. You might have a couple lying around. Like, I don't know why I still have nba2k7. Games like jade empire I didn't have anymore, I'll download it for $10 full price or I'll catch it on sale for a fraction of that. Do you understand where I'm going with this? Gamepass has it, who won't have Xbox live-flix next gen? Do you follow me son son?

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
Yes and no, depending on the UHD market by 2020. If it catches on with the progression towards 4KTV sets then it'll be offered for that reason. It's already useless in today's world with the way games benefit from updates/etc.

I can see one of them at least testing it with a "slim" version by 2022. Maybe not right out the gate but I'd put money on it happening next gen

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
There won't be disc next gen on the major systems. How much Coli cash you want to put up?

3 month ban bet?
I belive they won't have disc.

They'll have digital downloads or if they must they'll be on locked down USB sticks like they do for PC/Mac software /OS.

They can then either change the form factor or use that new space for something else.
You won't need to :stop:

100,000 coli and/or real life, fukk it, lets put our lives on it while we at it cuz anyone who disagree with my opinion had it coming anyway :hhh:
ok since we betting lets get this full official

when the next gen gaming systems launch.. by next gen i mean the next major system by sony or ms.. as in the old games don't work no more.....

when they launch, neither will have a disc reader on it.. we all know what a disc is

i'm betting they will.. y'all betting they won't

if i lose i will pay @PS4 100k coli cash and be banned for 3 months. if i win, y'all will do the same respectively.

where's the mods? accept?

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
ok since we betting lets get this full official

when the next gen gaming systems launch.. by next gen i mean the next major system by sony or ms.. as in the old games don't work no more.....

when they launch, neither will have a disc reader on it.. we all know what a disc is

i'm betting they will.. y'all betting they won't

if i lose i will pay @PS4 100k coli cash and be banned for 3 months. if i win, y'all will do the same respectively.

where's the mods? accept?
nikka :gucci: why the fukk you even wasting the bandwidth? I said your life on the line, do that or you straight p*ssy :hhh:

This nikka said "ok, here's the rules..Sony and Microsoft (I don't speak for Sony like that :dame:) and if it don't happen then both you go, if it do then just lil ol me"

I didn't realize you was big fish round here to get two draft picks :usure:

:stop:
I can see one of them at least testing it with a "slim" version by 2022. Maybe not right out the gate but I'd put money on it happening next gen
Ok... A good question to start with is how powerful is this cloud? As of today the cloud is stronger than the current gen systems. So moving forward, hardware isn't even necessary at all. The question is are they ready to make hardware that grows with the cloud or will they cash in on systems that can do more than the cloud can do streaming wise? I suspect the cloud is evolving faster than the prices are going down. If they can stream console quality gaming to ANY DEVICE then the next console would HAVE to be some sort of hybrid to even exist. Why get a console when I can stream the game directly to any device?

There is no more need for disc people, only "want" by people who don't realize they're old. Kids in school would laugh at you wanting to keep physical. I saw a kid die laughing because some nikka had to roll up his Windows by hand.

How bout this lil truth.. How come there hasn't been any discussion regarding what medium would be used? People assume we'll have 250gb sized games but what medium you know holds that much? These 4k ultra bluray tops out at 100gb. And that medium is relatively new so the silence kinda tells you all you need to know.

I be noticing shyt na mean :manny: