You know why there won't be disc next gen?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
All of that will be accomplished via streaming, if you're talking about playing disc? You won't, because we're moving on from using physical mediums :gucci:
So what's going to happen to your current discs that you bought? How can it be transferred over if there's no disc drive?

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You're the one that doesn't get it. Among those "best ways" to play there will be serious competition to drive prices down while still offering acceptable performance. Above a certain threshold of quality people really won't care and go for for the cheapest option. Thus no crazy profit margins.
No :gucci: You don't get it. The cheapest option would be to stream from your cellphone. That's not the new wave :stopitslime: You know how Netflix is in everything? That's what Xbox will morph into. There is no need for a physical console to get into the game BUT, a sort of hybrid console could be made that would give the end user superior results compared to the cheap alternatives that you believe everyone will flock too. Because it's a hybrid (cloud dependant) it doesn't need to be as expensive as you think. This competition stuff you talking sounds retarded because you are essentially saying somebody could mass produce a better alternative than Microsoft :dwillhuh:
As a casual gamer that would be the end for me as far as console gaming. But then again consoles themselves might be going out too.

I trade back almost everything I purchase. If I really find value in a game then I buy a digital copy
But you're acting as if trading in games is as important as playing them :stop:
The problem isn't digital, it's you. Most games you can try before you buy these days so you don't have to roll the dice on purchases like you used to. And digital titles can be had for the low. The systems themselves don't play disc THIS GEN so it's really in your heads at this point. Buy a disc to initiate a download brehs :francis:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
So what's going to happen to your current discs that you bought?
I have 343 games on my Xbox One, maybe 15 are disc. I'm sure Microsoft can have some kind of trade in program If it's an issue but they are not obligated to make BC be disc compatible :ufdup:

In fact, the xb1 doesn't use the disc at all for bc games, the disc tells Xbox live what game it is and then you download it (no uploads for bc titles)

GhostBreh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
No :gucci: You don't get it. The cheapest option would be to stream from your cellphone. That's not the new wave :stopitslime: You know how Netflix is in everything? That's what Xbox will morph into. There is no need for a physical console to get into the game BUT, a sort of hybrid console could be made that would give the end user superior results compared to the cheap alternatives that you believe everyone will flock too. Because it's a hybrid (cloud dependant) it doesn't need to be as expensive as you think. This competition stuff you talking sounds retarded because you are essentially saying somebody could mass produce a better alternative than Microsoft :dwillhuh:

LOL you think someone couldn't? Who's the fanboy now? I'm talking about the cheapest option at a certain level of quality. If this happens there would have to be some kind of open standard to ensure compatibility. Chinese manufacturers would eat it up.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Which you won't be buying at a 20% discount anymore
full
I’ll just go back to waiitng until it goes on sale after a few months.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
LOL you think someone couldn't? Who's the fanboy now? I'm talking about the cheapest option at a certain level of quality. If this happens there would have to be some kind of open standard to ensure compatibility. Chinese manufacturers would eat it up.
:snoop:

The future of Xbox is via its cloud infrastructure, and while it's capable of streaming to almost any device that doesn't mean it's ideal to stream to every device. China might have you playing on a game boy screen but that isn't what Microsoft has planned. And with your same logic China should have a ps4 and Xbox equivalent but do they?

You think they gonna make bootleg cloud devices that Microsoft won't be able to detect? Ok, sure. Anyways... The next console will be built around whatever the cloud is capable of, so if the cloud is very good at doing gpu related talk then the console will be CPU dominant and vice versa, whatever is necessary to get the best possible ends result. Streaming to other devices will still be console quality but I'm assuming that means Xbox one quality. And that will vary depending on your connection speeds

GhostBreh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
:snoop:

The future of Xbox is via its cloud infrastructure, and while it's capable of streaming to almost any device that doesn't mean it's ideal to stream to every device. China might have you playing on a game boy screen but that isn't what Microsoft has planned. And with your same logic China should have a ps4 and Xbox equivalent but do they?

You think they gonna make bootleg cloud devices that Microsoft won't be able to detect? Ok, sure. Anyways... The next console will be built around whatever the cloud is capable of, so if the cloud is very good at doing gpu related talk then the console will be CPU dominant and vice versa, whatever is necessary to get the best possible ends result. Streaming to other devices will still be console quality but I'm assuming that means Xbox one quality. And that will vary depending on your connection speeds

:camby:

You seem dead set on misunderstanding all my posts. China isn't a competitor because the current standards are proprietary. If the standards are open, which they'll have to be to run on any device, it won't be a bootleg. As long as it conforms to them anybody could be a competitor. It wouldn't even surprise me to see Huawei and Samsung (Korean I know) step into the game.

fukk you mean by "China might have you playing on a game boy screen" anyway? Your Xbox is made in China breh, the manufacturing capabilities and expertise are there. China is well on their way to dominating the world with quality products under local brands.

Fact is the commoditization of hardware has been in full swing for years now and nobody's making any real money off that aside from Apple. Even now Microsoft and Sony sell their consoles at a loss. But yeah sure you know better.:mjlol:

Done arguing with this fool. :camby:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
:camby:

You seem dead set on misunderstanding all my posts. China isn't a competitor because the current standards are proprietary. If the standards are open, which they'll have to be to run on any device, it won't be a bootleg. As long as it conforms to them anybody could be a competitor. It wouldn't even surprise me to see Huawei and Samsung (Korean I know) step into the game.

fukk you mean by "China might have you playing on a game boy screen" anyway? Your Xbox is made in China breh, the manufacturing capabilities and expertise are there. China is well on their way to dominating the world with quality products under local brands.

Fact is the commoditization of hardware has been in full swing for years now and nobody's making any real money off that aside from Apple. Even now Microsoft and Sony sell their consoles at a loss. But yeah sure you know better.:mjlol:

Done arguing with this fool. :camby:
I'm not misunderstanding you, you are claiming for it to stream to any device means they'll figure out a way to out do Microsoft at their own creation. Yeah ok, but what you have no idea about is how this cloud works, and how to take advantage of it. Microsoft controls this, just because a knock off can can get a stream does not mean it can take advantage of the cloud the same as Microsoft can and will. Unless you think this trillion dollar company doesn't know what they're doing :dame:

:dahell:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I've posted the pic when revy tried to talk that shyt, like 210 Xbox one, 130 Xbox360 games.

Xbox gives you 4 free games a month, 48 a year, we four and a half years into this gen, free games from last gen, and everything I bought over that time.

See, you're not used to keeping your games once a gen ends so you're stuck on stupid. I have every game I want, never had to sell my system to go on a trip, don't live with my mom, grow my own loud, have a son due in a couple months... Life is good even tho most of you claim otherwise :win:

Daps
I've posted the pic when revy tried to talk that shyt, like 210 Xbox one, 130 Xbox360 games.

Xbox gives you 4 free games a month, 48 a year, we four and a half years into this gen, free games from last gen, and everything I bought over that time.

See, you're not used to keeping your games once a gen ends so you're stuck on stupid. I have every game I want, never had to sell my system to go on a trip, don't live with my mom, grow my own loud, have a son due in a couple months... Life is good even tho most of you claim otherwise :win:
:picard:

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
theres some parts of the country where people have extremely slow internet would take them days to get a game
this wont happen next gen
but it will the one after

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
It wasn't long ago where a certain gaming faction was vehemently concerned of the internet connectivity and performance of impoverish gamers. So much so, that the idea of just connecting to the internet once after >24hrs was unacceptable. I'd gather these same gamers would strongly be against this digital-only push. Remember being told online-only was anti-consumer? How are we supposed to play our DD games when we go over a friends house, that so happens to be a submarine? :mjcry:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
theres some parts of the country where people have extremely slow internet would take them days to get a game
this wont happen next gen
but it will the one after
What part of the country has slow internet bruh :sas1:

So that we're clear, since you said parts of the country, you're saying some people can afford expensive computer equipment but can't take advantage of it because their internet service provider cannot deliver adequate speeds to these rich folks?

Or, are you saying there is poverty in the world so this wouldn't be fair to them?

Kings County

Law III | Law XXV | Law XV
Daps
Reppin
The Roman Empire
What part of the country has slow internet bruh :sas1:

So that we're clear, since you said parts of the country, you're saying some people can afford expensive computer equipment but can't take advantage of it because their internet service provider cannot deliver adequate speeds to these rich folks?

Or, are you saying there is poverty in the world so this wouldn't be fair to them?
i play with a nikka on fortnite who gets 6 upload and download speed in Oklahoma :gucci: took him 24 hours to download black ops 3

expensive computer equipment being 400 dollar consoles?
having 400 dollars makes u rich ? :heh:
some peoples only source of internet is satellite internet which is wishy washy
some people dont even have internet because of where they live they just play single player
what are u trying to say