You know why there won't be disc next gen?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
nikka :gucci: why the fukk you even wasting the bandwidth? I said your life on the line, do that or you straight p*ssy :hhh:

This nikka said "ok, here's the rules..Sony and Microsoft (I don't speak for Sony like that :dame:) and if it don't happen then both you go, if it do then just lil ol me"

I didn't realize you was big fish round here to get two draft picks :usure:

:stop:

Ok... A good question to start with is how powerful is this cloud? As of today the cloud is stronger than the current gen systems. So moving forward, hardware isn't even necessary at all. The question is are they ready to make hardware that grows with the cloud or will they cash in on systems that can do more than the cloud can do streaming wise? I suspect the cloud is evolving faster than the prices are going down. If they can stream console quality gaming to ANY DEVICE then the next console would HAVE to be some sort of hybrid to even exist. Why get a console when I can stream the game directly to any device?

There is no more need for disc people, only "want" by people who don't realize they're old. Kids in school would laugh at you wanting to keep physical. I saw a kid die laughing because some nikka had to roll up his Windows by hand.

How bout this lil truth.. How come there hasn't been any discussion regarding what medium would be used? People assume we'll have 250gb sized games but what medium you know holds that much? These 4k ultra bluray tops out at 100gb. And that medium is relatively new so the silence kinda tells you all you need to know.

I be noticing shyt na mean :manny:
Well since you clearly do not have an X1X, let me clue you into something. The X1X enhanced games have patches that are over 100gb each (GOW comes to mind as an example of this).

Also, you clearly don’t have any understanding as to what “cloud” computing actually is. That shyt has less to do with file sizes and more to do with bandwidth. Sony, Nvidia and others already use “the cloud” to stream games to users. Strangely enough, MS does not. :francis:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
nikka :gucci: why the fukk you even wasting the bandwidth? I said your life on the line, do that or you straight p*ssy :hhh:

This nikka said "ok, here's the rules..Sony and Microsoft (I don't speak for Sony like that :dame:) and if it don't happen then both you go, if it do then just lil ol me"

I didn't realize you was big fish round here to get two draft picks :usure:
once again, ain't ready to put up nothing you talking about...

first off... i said respectively dummy.. that means i bet dude 3 months on a ban.. him vs me.. then i bet you the 100k. nobody has to do two things. pay attention.

i thought you would honor 100k, seeing how ain't nobody bout to die over no video games... well one of us isn't.. but here you go with the juelzing to talk your way out of it

now you can't speak for sony... so basically you could have just said "microsoft next gen platform won't have a disc" but you didn't... and i bet you ain't willing to bet that one either :camby:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And yet you're cool with the ps4 not having bluray functionality :jbhmm:

PS4 has a bluray player, not 4K.

got a separate 4k player anyway.

the issue is not having the disc. So only cats who bought digital are spared if drives are eliminated. And it also pisses off brick and mortar stores who make bread off games. They no longer have an incentive to push the consoles.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
PS4 has a bluray player, not 4K.

got a separate 4k player anyway.

the issue is not having the disc. So only cats who bought digital are spared if drives are eliminated. And it also pisses off brick and mortar stores who make bread off games. They no longer have an incentive to push the consoles.
So y'all worried about backwards compatibility now?

:mjgrin:

I've seen the interview you're referring to with regards to brick and mortar stores, but the truth is somewhat mixed.

Take audio and video media for example.

They still sale smart TVs, Apple TV, Roku players despite those devices not having accompanying physical media.

They sell kindles despite not selling books.

They sell Mac's and PCs despite not having windows and office DVds Similarly those devices don't have disc drives.

But I just left best buy and target.

Most of the games are just digital download cards. :wow:

XBOX store already includes hardware. :wow:

Last edited:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
So y'all worried about backwards compatibility now?

:mjgrin:

No excuses now. Games this gen run on x86 pc architecture. No powerpc or cell shyt like previous gen. Good for earlly adopters who may want to trade in their PS4 or XB for what drops next gen credit wise.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
once again, ain't ready to put up nothing you talking about...

first off... i said respectively dummy.. that means i bet dude 3 months on a ban.. him vs me.. then i bet you the 100k. nobody has to do two things. pay attention.

i thought you would honor 100k, seeing how ain't nobody bout to die over no video games... well one of us isn't.. but here you go with the juelzing to talk your way out of it

now you can't speak for sony... so basically you could have just said "microsoft next gen platform won't have a disc" but you didn't... and i bet you ain't willing to bet that one either :camby:
I'll give you 1 million Coli cash if they have disc drives.

You give me what you have. :mjgrin:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
:dahell:Movies and Music.
And it's been in a steady decline for half a decade.

Streaming has already surpassed it.

But let's pretend like record and video rental businesses stores haven't all but disappeared.

Or pretend that the only way to get people to buy physical media is to make them pay an annual membership then give them games at 20% off.

GCU is gone. Time to get on the wave. :mjgrin:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
And it's been in a steady decline for half a decade.

Streaming has already surpassed it.

But let's pretend like record and video rental businesses stores haven't all but disappeared.

Or pretend that the only way to get people to buy physical media is to make them pay an annual membership then give them games at 20% off.

GCU is gone. Time to get on the wave. :mjgrin:
Streaming can be quality adjusted on the fly via transcoding. Games with these 4k textures cannot. ISP are limiting bandwidth too much here to go full digital yet. Never mind other countries with worse connections...

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Streaming can be quality adjusted on the fly via transcoding. Games with these 4k textures cannot. ISP are limiting bandwidth too much here to go full digital yet. Never mind other countries with worse connections...
Who said anything about streaming the games in 4k.

I have no issues playing 4k games on my one x No discs.

Regarding internet the US ain't all that.

Slide033.png

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
One space PS4 was very accurate in his OP:

But a 4k game.

Put it in.

Game gets copied to HD.

Download 30gb patch on launch day. :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Regarding data caps, there's not a mechanism in place keeping ISPs from excluding gaming traffic from your data caps.

:francis:

• Dap
Reactions: PS4