You know why there won't be disc next gen?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Let me guess, internet ONLY? Because when you DON'T bundle is when they throttle. I can't speak for att but Cox and Comcast don't play that.
I get directtv now through att at a discount but that probably doesn't count.

These ISPs are dead wrong and are holding up advancements in internet infrastructure.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I get directtv now through att at a discount but that probably doesn't count.

These ISPs are dead wrong and are holding up advancements in internet infrastructure.
Oh yeah, and Verizon. And then all of them vary in price and quality depending on area and the amount of competition that company faces in a particular area.

But, the structure has been in place nationwide for us to handle whatever. And with trump in office I guess anything is possible? But I can assure you it won't be an issue when the time comes. These billion dollar tech companies know what they are doing and wouldn't release something that isn't useable. I'll put it this way...

You can stream to ANY device pretty much with the cloud handling the actual game, you're just streaming gameplay. If you can't afford the type of internet required to play it at its best? Then you'll stream still console quality to whatever version of Xbox/pc/mobile device you choose to game on.

Are you starting to get what I'm saying? That is what is happening with the next Xbox. They was trying to go all digital THIS GEN but Sony gamers and a few others was acting like Kinect = Dark web :gucci: The ONLY people not ready for the all digital wave is the consumer. The providers once again was all in last gen, gamestop started crying about it, Sony pump faked, had 100more "p" then 4yrs later released their flagship racing franchise of gran Turismo Sport as an always online only title.

And hey, didn't ps now just added some abilities, wouldn't be testing the waters would they? :jbhmm:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That's some incredible math :wow:
A+ for the 110% amount of effort put into your homemade horse shyt rant, you claiming 64 and/or 54% of Sony/Xbox owners rely on physical :rudy: So when these free games come every month then they hit you with sales like witcher 3 complete for $20 (been doing that for a year on live) and others heavily discounted and you think people have not been raking up on the discounts?

Everyone talks about digital vs physical but too often what I just touched on is overlooked or just flat out not acknowledged. Its kind of a big deal :ld:

But you do miss putting the cotton swabs in the holes of the bottom of the cassette tapes so you could record :dj2:
damn you caught me... me and Nielson just pulled those numbers out our ass

Nielsen: 66% of console gamers prefer physical over digital, PC only 29%

"Overall, 66 percent of console users preferred physical games, compared to just 29 percent of PC players. Meanwhile, only 34 percent would rather pick up a digital game on console while a whopping 71 of PC users prefer digital copies over physical."

Cut off 44% of your customer base brehs.. lets not forget digital JUST surpassed physical FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST YEAR... and they had to include DLC to win where physical obviously doesn't have DLC... only then did they win it by 51-49... and that was including all music/movie/tv media as well... video games only they still lose horribly

nikka said a deal on witcher 3 for $20... like it ain't $20 at walmart.... like it ain't $9 on ebay.. pay more for old ass games for no added bonus except not getting off the couch
:umad:

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
damn you caught me... me and Nielson just pulled those numbers out our ass

Nielsen: 66% of console gamers prefer physical over digital, PC only 29%

"Overall, 66 percent of console users preferred physical games, compared to just 29 percent of PC players. Meanwhile, only 34 percent would rather pick up a digital game on console while a whopping 71 of PC users prefer digital copies over physical."

Cut off 44% of your customer base brehs.. lets not forget digital JUST surpassed physical FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST YEAR... and they had to include DLC to win where physical obviously doesn't have DLC... only then did they win it by 51-49... and that was including all music/movie/tv media as well... video games only they still lose horribly

nikka said a deal on witcher 3 for $20... like it ain't $20 at walmart.... like it ain't $9 on ebay.. pay more for old ass games for no added bonus except not getting off the couch
:umad:
This is a case of "I can find a link saying anything" but by a raise of hands, who here took part in this pole? You know who didn't?

:dame:

As for witcher, I said witcher 3 COMPLETE which is all the dlc. They have had it at that price on and off for over a year now and that was just one example. Titanfall 2 with all the dlc was $6 just the other day. Xbox has a deals tab on its dashboard where this type of stuff is going on weekly. I'm not exaggerating this truth I present. That's what you and your article do..don't believe me coli? Ok, @The Devil's Advocate please show us where we can get the witcher 3 complete edition for Xbox one cheaper than $20. I doubt you could even match it but you claimed better so let's see :popcorn:

I checked Amazon just now, used copies going for $30+ :francis:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i was in nigeria a few weeks ago, there internet is so SLOW!!!

would prob age a year before a game finishes downloading

Romell

Superstar
Daps
I know y'all love to hate @PS4 but he's not entirely off base here.

One of the next Xbox hardware will be an all streaming or downloading box.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There has to be a drive for 4K Blurays and BC. How they gonna prop up something this gen to drop it next gen?

GhostBreh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
Amazon, Microsoft store, Wal-Mart. And with the cloud doing the heavy lifting I fully expect them to charge as much as $300 for a system that only cost them $100 tops to make. The play console quality on any device means the hardware itself won't be as important. So there's opportunity there in maximizing profits :manny:

If you ask me the opposite will happen. Hardware has been a race to the bottom for years unless your name is Apple. If the quality is the same on any device best believe people will spend the bare minimum on hardware so that they have more money for actual games. Profit margins will be razor thin.

If they don't play ball cheap imports will dominate.

in my life I've seen audio cassettes, games on cassette, vhs, beta, 5.25 inch floppies, 3.5 inch floppies, LP's, 45's, cartridges, zip-drives, CD's, DVD's, Blurays.... I don't miss none of that shyt. I don't long for the days when I saved batteries rewinding my cassettes with a pencil :gucci:

:flabbynsick: :huhldup: :russ: :umad:

:whoa:

Last edited:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
somehows dudes manage to game on PC despite all these limitations

Yeah I download the shyt out of some 40gb games weekly and never hit a cap.

A double sided DVD only holds 9GB :dahell:

A 250GB game would have to come on a thumb drive. Matter fact are there even any games that big?

Never seen a 250 gb game. Most I've personally downloaded was Elder Scrolls Online at like 70-80.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
So Xbots, what about BC and 4K Bluray? That won't matter anymore?
All of that will be accomplished via streaming, if you're talking about playing disc? You won't, because we're moving on from using physical mediums :gucci:
i was in nigeria a few weeks ago, there internet is so SLOW!!!

would prob age a year before a game finishes downloading
I could be wrong but I don't believe the Xbox is being marketed in Nigeria like that :francis:
There has to be a drive for 4K Blurays and BC. How they gonna prop up something this gen to drop it next gen?
You mean like bc or bluray or even CD playback. The media features, man y'all said you'd rather put rips directly onto the hdd so it was an all in one media center :blessed:

Xbox one does more than all that and you say that's the PROBLEM with Xbox. I pay attention, y'all nikkaz fukked over the original Xbox trajectory with your flipflopping fanboy bullshyt :camby:
If you ask me the opposite will happen. Hardware has been a race to the bottom for years unless your name is Apple. If the quality is the same on any device best believe people will spend the bare minimum on hardware so that they have more money for actual games. Profit margins will be razor thin.

If they don't play ball cheap imports will dominate.

:flabbynsick: :huhldup: :russ: :umad:

:whoa:
You don't get it, yes you will have a cheap option, the more pricey way to play will still be cheaper than a non cloud based system. What I'm saying is there will be multiple ways to play, and that one of those ways will be the "best way" and that way will be more capable than if you stream to your phone.

GhostBreh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
You don't get it, yes you will have a cheap option, the more pricey way to play will still be cheaper than a non cloud based system. What I'm saying is there will be multiple ways to play, and that one of those ways will be the "best way" and that way will be more capable than if you stream to your phone.

You're the one that doesn't get it. Among those "best ways" to play there will be serious competition to drive prices down while still offering acceptable performance. Above a certain threshold of quality people really won't care and go for for the cheapest option. Thus no crazy profit margins.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
As a casual gamer that would be the end for me as far as console gaming. But then again consoles themselves might be going out too.

I trade back almost everything I purchase. If I really find value in a game then I buy a digital copy

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
You can pry my physical media from my cold dead hands :pacspit:
Which you won't be buying at a 20% discount anymore
full

• Dap
Reactions: PS4