You can't walk in any direction in Starfield for more than 10 minutes without hitting an invisible border UPDATE: you can walk on water :wow:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Supposed to be the best looking game running on the best engine too, nasty pop in, disappearing floors, no edges.

Sony stan’s are shameless.

If that was a xbox game @Rekkapryde would have that clip saved ready to post it every chance he got :mjlol:
you the one up at 230 am defending these bozos, not me. :sas1:

I ain't post one thing.

said multiple times, I thought this planet thing was a cyse and too ambitious.

Don't deflect now.

And yes, Decima is still miles better than this washedup engine they still using.

Oh, and uh

Where lying is mandatory

Shoulda known.

Look man, I know Xbrehs acting like it's Christmas since this is the first new AAA exclusive they've had since fukkin Titanfall 1 (even that was 3rd party...this is technically too but that's another thread), but yall acting like real crackheads right now and just showing how pressed yall were for non multiplat games. :mjlol:

Last edited:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Compare a game from 2017, that made no claims about its map being larger than San Francisco, to a game with 1000 planets and "16x the details' running on "the world's most powerful console" in 2023

Btw, PeterOvo might just be the only person alive who's a bigger fakkit than you, @Pressure , but I admit it's pretty neck and neck :ehh:

I personally don’t care about the boundaries. But it’s going to be an issue. Things may change once it’s out and people can experience it themselves, but I think the game is going to end up being divisive.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

These stan arguments are so exhausting. :snoop:

First off, the video in the tweet is of someone who glitched outside of the map.

And, even as someone who's REALLY looking forward to Starfield, it's pretty obvious that, as always, marketing is the problem. Pete Hines out here basically selling the game as something a little closer to No Man's Sky or Elite Dangerous, when the reality is that it's most likely more of a standard first person RPG with more scale than usual. And that's completely fine, but these stans have built this game up to an impossible level, and the pettiness is already here to nitpick the game.

nikkas gotta stop making whatever game is coming out for their platform of choice their entire identity, I swear. :snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

First off, the video in the tweet is of someone who glitched outside of the map.

And, even as someone who's REALLY looking forward to Starfield, it's pretty obvious that, as always, marketing is the problem. Pete Hines out here basically selling the game as something a little closer to No Man's Sky or Elite Dangerous, when the reality is that it's most likely more of a standard first person RPG with more scale than usual. And that's completely fine, but these stans have built this game up to an impossible level, and the pettiness is already here to nitpick the game.

nikkas gotta stop making whatever game is coming out for their platform of choice their entire identity, I swear. :snoop:
Nobody building it up but people with an agenda to tear the game down. That’s the new strategy. Game will review well, dudes gotta create unrealistic expectations in their head so they can come back and say they are “disappointed”

They gave like an hour long deep dive and detailed EVERYTHING you can do in the game.

Not once did they sell it as a NMS/Star citizen style space sim.

A normal person NOT trying to break the immersion wouldn’t even see these barriers. You literally have to try to be disappointed.

That works for all games. Any game you go poking around at the seams you will find there’s all types of tricks going on.

As with every video game topic. None of this is real. Just competing agendas and hype.

NO ONE actually interested in this game without an agenda attached is even thinking about this dumb shyt.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Nobody building it up but people with an agenda to tear the game down. That’s the new strategy. Game will review well, dudes gotta create unrealistic expectations in their head so they can come back and say they are “disappointed”

They gave like an hour long deep dive and detailed EVERYTHING you can do in the game.

Not once did they sell it as a NMS/Star citizen style space sim.

A normal person NOT trying to break the immersion wouldn’t even see these barriers. You literally have to try to be disappointed.

That works for all games. Any game you go poking around at the seams you will find there’s all types of tricks going on.

As with every video game topic. None of this is real. Just competing agendas and hype.

NO ONE actually interested in this game without an agenda attached is even thinking about this dumb shyt.
nikka, I literally posted a Pete Hines tweet where he said you can walk around the entire planet with no breaks

It turns out you reach an invisible wall after 10 minutes, the game asks if you want to keep going further, and you have to summon your space ship and fly to the next tile over several loading screens, and it might not even be anywhere near the place you started but on another part of the planet entirely

This isn't me saying this, this is the Starfield subreddit who already pre ordered the game, the call is coming from inside the house

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

And this is why I said it's going to be divisive. I'm deep in Star Citizen Tube. Over the past five months I've heard so many of those streamers anticipating how special Starfield will be, and how they're ready to try something new. I've also been hearing that in other parts of the internet. I'm 101% fine with a beefed up version of The Outer Worlds. This is sounding like Cyberpunk 2077 all over again as far as the marketing and what fans are expecting in their minds after hearing the marketing from Pete and Todd.

As a Sony Stan though, I'm having so much fun seeing the saltiness from the negatives that are coming out :russ: . I might even submit and subscribe to X blue to monetize this outrage, while I'm actually enjoying the game, and post the rage comments in for for the shyts and giggles.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
nikka, I literally posted a Pete Hines tweet where he said you can walk around the entire planet with no breaks
He didn’t say that. You took a two sentence tweet and created your own agenda.
It turns out you reach an invisible wall after 10 minutes, the game asks if you want to keep going further, and you have to summon your space ship and fly to the next tile over several loading screens, and it might not even be anywhere near the place you started but on another part of the planet entirely

This isn't me saying this, this is the Starfield subreddit who already pre ordered the game, the call is coming from inside the house
At this point actual reviewers are pushing back against the agendas on reddit. They just can’t talk about it till thursday.

It’s unfeasible to believe there would be 1000 fully realized planets. It’s video games. We all know it’s an illusion:stopitslime:

Same as NMS planets were randomly generated and not saved indefinitely. If you wanted to break the immersion and come back looking for the same tree you left, you’d be “disappointed” there as well.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
He didn’t say that. You took a two sentence tweet and created your own agenda.

At this point actual reviewers are pushing back against the agendas on reddit. They just can’t talk about it till thursday.

It’s unfeasible to believe there would be 1000 fully realized planets. It’s video games. We all know it’s an illusion:stopitslime:

Same as NMS planets were randomly generated and not saved indefinitely. If you wanted to break the immersion and come back looking for the same tree you left, you’d be “disappointed” there as well.
Remember when Todd pointed at the moon in the Starfield Direct and said, yes that's there oribiting the planet, you can go there too?

He clearly meant these objects are all coexisting in the game simultaneously which is also the rationale behind the 30 fps, that the object permanence uses too many resources to keep track of all items in this vast universe

If it's just 10 minute long tiles and barren planets then why is it running at 30fps?