You can't walk in any direction in Starfield for more than 10 minutes without hitting an invisible border UPDATE: you can walk on water :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Remember when Todd pointed at the moon in the Starfield Direct and said, yes that's there oribiting the planet, you can go there too?
That is true. You can go to every planet/moon you can see
He clearly meant these objects are all coexisting in the game simultaneously which is also the rationale behind the 30 fps, that the object permanence uses too many resources to keep track of all items in this vast universe
All the planets do coexist, and a large majority of it is persistent. More so than any game of its type.

It’s just like if a game has footprints in the snow. Eventually they are gonna have to start deleting your old footprints so new ones can be rendered.

Except in this game your “footprints” are whole ass continents and planets.
If it's just 10 minute long tiles and barren planets then why is it running at 30fps?
No game is even attempting any of this at any FPS.

This is your next play dumb so i can be disappointed agenda :mjlol:

All to convince yourself you don’t want the game so you don’t have to buy an xbox.

Such a miserable existence :mjcry:

Last edited:

JD2019

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Dallas
I’m convinced some of y’all gotta be in high school acting like this. They’re video games. Be hyped or don’t care but the amount of energy put out in here is surprising.

I’m preordered and waiting to play this Thursday. If you’re looking forward to a game and mature how can somebody really take that away from you unless you’ve got your identity wrapped up in inanimate objects or companies that don’t care about you except for your money. The cats concern trolling to get y’all riled up are just as weird.

Grow up, damn.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
first you could walk 40 minutes, now only 10. why do they keep downgrading Starfield :damn:
I dunno. I just seen bruh posted in this thread at 2:47AM and then again at 7:03am.

I hope he's drinking doing blow because there's no other excuse for this type of timeline for posting besides Shambles :mjgrin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
giphy138.gif

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
He didn’t say that. You took a two sentence tweet and created your own agenda.

At this point actual reviewers are pushing back against the agendas on reddit. They just can’t talk about it till thursday.

It’s unfeasible to believe there would be 1000 fully realized planets. It’s video games. We all know it’s an illusion:stopitslime:

Same as NMS planets were randomly generated and not saved indefinitely. If you wanted to break the immersion and come back looking for the same tree you left, you’d be “disappointed” there as well.

And that Reddit thread the guy clearly states that he likes the game, and that there's a lot of positives. But everyone is asking about the negatives. He gives the game an 8/8.5. He's not shytting on the game at all.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I dunno. I just seen bruh posted in this thread at 2:47AM and then again at 7:03am.

I hope he's drinking doing blow because there's no other excuse for this type of timeline for posting besides Shambles :mjgrin:
his cycle of coke and zanax causes irregular sleeping habits. that's why he was sleeping the whole time when people were talking about this a couple day ago

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And this is why I said it's going to be divisive. I'm deep in Star Citizen Tube. Over the past five months I've heard so many of those streamers anticipating how special Starfield will be, and how they're ready to try something new. I've also been hearing that in other parts of the internet. I'm 101% fine with a beefed up version of The Outer Worlds. This is sounding like Cyberpunk 2077 all over again as far as the marketing and what fans are expecting in their minds after hearing the marketing from Pete and Todd.

As a Sony Stan though, I'm having so much fun seeing the saltiness from the negatives that are coming out :russ: . I might even submit and subscribe to X blue to monetize this outrage, while I'm actually enjoying the game, and post the rage comments in for for the shyts and giggles.

Pure facts on the bolded. I had a blast with The Outer Worlds, and ended up playing through it multiple times. As long as the game is fun, I'm good. But people really have built this up to be some generation and genre defining game that more likely than not, it just can't be. Maybe it's just the best game of the year, and holds up really well on future replays. Studios would seriously consider murdering a small portion of their staff to get that.