You can't walk in any direction in Starfield for more than 10 minutes without hitting an invisible border UPDATE: you can walk on water :wow:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@Dorian Breh

d48b15e402f5652ff140373485bb2817.jpg
This you????

:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Here we go with the plea-copping and goalpost moving:comeon:
The number is over 1K not trillions...and only 10% have shyt on them according to reports.

I’m not even plea-copping.

I think it’s more of my lack it knowledge it what an “invisible border” is. That’s kinda high level gamer nerd talk to me. I don’t really know what that is, none of the games I played have that so I’m siding more on the side of “what is that? What’s the big deal? who cares?”

Doesn’t seem worth the faux outrage

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I think the game is going to be divisive. It's going to be a good game, but people should not be expecting NMS or Star Citizen levels of laissez faire open world exploration, but with solid 3rd person action RPG mechanics. Because that invisible border is there. Even if you pick a landing spot next to the tile you're already on, you can't go to the most western point of that tile, and see the most eastern point of the tile you were previously on. Even if that most eastern point is a major settlement or city. I think people should expect something more akin to Mass Effect. Or The Outer Worlds. And since M$ now owns Bethesda and Obsidian, there better be a new collaboration in the future.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
These open world games are never what you think they are.

Ocarina of time was the first open world game I played, and much hasn't changed since then besides graphics and larger maps. Open world to me means cheap story telling and a gimmick, in most cases.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Compare a game from 2017, that made no claims about its map being larger than San Francisco, to a game with 1000 planets and "16x the details' running on "the world's most powerful console" in 2023

Btw, PeterOvo might just be the only person alive who's a bigger fakkit than you, @Pressure , but I admit it's pretty neck and neck :ehh: