"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

MegaManX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Both are my parents are Nigerian and I hear this bullshyt often. Told a white female co-worker last week that my family is Nigerian, and she told me "But you're light-skinned". :snoop:

I work with Haitian people and they assumed I wasn't from Africa.

I remember talking to this one latina chick and she asked me about African people seeing lions, zebras and other wild life animals smh :dead:

Told her it was a common misconception but in my mind I'm thinking this is one dumb bih :gucci:

Locations with naturally light skin and ANCIENT pure DNA.

North east Africa, East Africa, Central Africa, and South Africa.

People red and light as hell but not a drop of white or arab blood.

My wife is pure african. DNA test she got 96% west african. She is lighter than me. I am mixed and my father is a straight up spaniard. He is whiter then most folks yet my pure african wife is lighter than me lol.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
The last that I checked and I will check again, but most Nigerians during the slave trade ended up in the Caribbean and in South America. We know that because of their cultural influences in places like Cuba.

The cultural influences of African Americans point to them being heavily descended from the Mandingos/Mende/Fulani/Wolof and other people from in and around Senegal, Mali, Gambia, Sierra Leone, Liberia, Guinea-Conakry, Guinea-Bissau, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast and Northern Ghana. There were slaves from other places as well like in areas in and around Nigeria, Cameroon, Congo, Angola, Mozambique and Madagascar; but African Americans tended to be more from the Mandingos/Mende/Fulani, etc.

I realize that alot of Fulani eventually moved East towards Nigeria, but originally they were in the lands of the Mandingos and those groups as well as others like the Wolof and Kru threw each other into slavery and many were taken to the USA.

This is wrong. At least a quarter of slaves (guesstimate here based on the slave records I've seen) taken to the US were from the Bight of Biafra (mostly Igbos and the other minority tribes from Eastern Nigeria) and they were mostly taken to Virginia, hence you'll see a lot of Calabar and Igbos references from slaves of Virginia descent. And about 12-13% (guesstimate here based on the slave records I've seen) of the slaves taken to the US were Yorubas and most of them were taken to the Gulf Coast of the US. And that's not even including the slaves from Louisiana prior to it being part of the US and the ones smuggled in from Cuba and other parts of South America, especially Brazil, after the abolition of slavery.

So, it's not coincidental that almost every African American on DNA websites like 23andme has double digits percentage of Nigerian DNA.

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
I guess it really depends for example the "rapper" Oddisee looks very Sudanese(north), Father is Sudanese and mother African American.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...b..0.7.839.0.mFKd4POUMQc#imgrc=5P5GDGl7Vmec7M:

I think it is a half Eritrean American in the states, who looks very Eritrean.

Nipsey looks very Eritrean, as does that R&B singer J Holiday. They both have AA mothers.

Tiffany Haddish on the other hand doesn't look Eritrean at all even though her father is Eri.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Let's keep it a buck: most Aframs need to start investing in a passport the same way I invest in my barbers for a nice shape-up every three days.

They can throw most African Americans in a country as diverse as Nigeria and you wouldn't even be able to differentiate between them and Nigerians. And I've seen a lot of Nigerian guys who look exactly like African American celebrities. Heck, there's a Nigerian mental nut I used to see back in the day on my way to college, that used to walk around and talk to himself in Lewisham, who looks exactly like R. Kelly. And I had a Nigerian friend in Uni who looks exactly like Chingy (who used call him Chingy). I saw him a couple of years ago and he still looks like Chingy.

So, I'm sure there are a lot of Ushers, 2pac, Jay Z, Nas, Common, Mos Def, Gucci Mane, T.I, etc. walking around somewhere in Lagos, if you were to look around properly.

Don't tell me Kam Chancellor doesn't look like he's from somewhere in Senegal. People just can't be this ignorant in 2017.

EndGame

Superstar
Daps
Check who dapped that comment too :sas2:

But it's Africans who are the c00ns :sas1:

Straight up White supremacist talking points.

straight up 19th century racist tropes :francis:
Stop pretending like y'all don't do the same when you're in your own spots or amongst yourselves. You just check yourself a little on thecoli and pretend all is cool but on your sites it is st0rmfr0nt 2.0 with regards to African Americans.

Karb

Veteran
Daps
Stop pretending like y'all don't do the same when you're in your own spots or amongst yourselves. You just check yourself a little on thecoli and pretend all is cool but on your sites it is st0rmfr0nt 2.0 with regards to African Americans.

I don't, and I'm sure most of the African brehs on this forum don't either.

Gross generalizations = what incompetent buffoons do to make sense of the world. It makes things more simple and easier to understand.

I'm sure you're smarter than that :francis:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
"Americans don't have passports"
Why purchase one, we can see all of you PROUD YET DIRTY ASS nikkaS lining up to be under us.
Ethiopian neighborhoods in DC, Somali neighborhoods in Columbus, Nigerians all in the video (PG COUNTY, MD)... Ghanians all up in the video (BX... NY...TRACY TOWERS)...
HMM... the areas they move into are always predominantly AA.
We BARELY go to Europe, hoe ass nikkas say "nikkas aint got passport"
We in THE USA, where everyone wants to go.
"Y'all don't visit Africa"
What the fukk for? Y'all nikkas DIE to come to the place I was born.
Y'all dirty ass fly face feed the children sob story nikkas come to where we be...then switch it up.
Oh so you an Ashanti chief or an ECONOMIC MIGRANT?
Is you traveling or running (away from home/y'all shyt into the ground/them pockets to cac religions)...
Make y'all dirty ass minds up, nikkas.
Humble brag ass thread "we can be lightskinned too! Ooh you didn't even know we Africans"
Lol @SheWantTheD whole post history is the opposite of his screen name.
Ol socially awkward African DORK.
Go to one of y'all poorly designed websites and type in that trash pidgin slang OH! goofass nikka about getting played by women we discard after use :lolbron:
This is actually wrong and you know it but I'll let you cook