Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
:russell:

Save the emotional ass tough talk.

You came in here beating your chest about Yoruba's specifically(and don't front like you didn't try to downplay Igbo contribution like yall dont have genetic overlap), when regarding AA's, yall folks had some of the least amount of influence on us period to be honest.
:ld:

No one denies that region is a significant part of our ancestry...it's just YOUR folks of that region weren't really factors.
:yeshrug:

Cry about it.
:umad:

I don't do emotions, I'll break your skull for you calling me a lil nikka. Watch your mouth.

It's now obvious that you're someone's alternate handle and you have an agenda, you m0ron. And it's pretty clear now that you didn't even read the thread and you just jumped in the fray and started making wild accusations.

@Akan can you please explain to this obdurate m0r0n how the discourse between you and I started? My initial argument with you was that the Bight of Biafra contributed the largest pool of slaves to the US and that means they're most likely Igbos and Nigerian groups in that region of Nigeria. But you vehemently denied it and said that there were a lot of Cameroonians and folks from Fernando Po (Equatorial Guinea or Bioka) there. And the only reason why I shifted to the Yoruba marker today is because it's easier to defend and I said the marker most likely represents Southern Nigeria-Benin/Togo-Ghana cluster (West central Africa) since the people are related. But this m0r0n who can't read and probably one of these fakkits with low self-esteem said I'm downplaying Igbo. Can you see how idiotic some of these internet fakkits can be?

Nikka, you're a coward. Be man enough to post under your real handle and stop hiding like a bytch. Flaming fakkit.

@Akan I tried opening the new research paper you posted but it's affecting the my laptop because I'm doing something else and I've about 15 other pages opened. I'll check it tomorrow and post a reply.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But a lot of slaves from Nigeria have always formed the bulk of slaves taken to the US

nah bruh, and i remember this cause i was reading it recently, plus the charts @IllmaticDelta posted seem to corroborate it, but the regions of angola and congo are estimated to account for around 25-30% of the slaves that were brought/ended up in the USA. More than any other region, although with senegambia is a close second.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't do emotions, I'll break your skull for you calling me a lil nikka. Watch your mouth.

It's now obvious that you're someone's alternate handle and you have an agenda, you m0ron. And it's pretty clear now that you didn't even read the thread and you just jumped in the fray and started making wild accusations.

@Akan can you please explain to this obdurate m0r0n how the discourse between you and I started? My initial argument with you was that the Bight of Biafra contributed the largest pool of slaves to the US and that means they're most likely Igbos and Nigerian groups in that region of Nigeria. But you vehemently denied it and said that there were a lot of Cameroonians and folks from Fernando Po (Equatorial Guinea or Bioka) there. And the only reason why I shifted to the Yoruba marker today is because it's easier to defend and I said the marker most likely represents Southern Nigeria-Benin/Togo-Ghana cluster (West central Africa) since the people are related. But this m0r0n who can't read and probably one of these fakkits with low self-esteem said I'm downplaying Igbo. Can you see how idiotic some of these internet fakkits can be?

Nikka, you're a coward. Be man enough to post under your real handle and stop hiding like a bytch. Flaming fakkit.

@Akan I tried opening the new research paper you posted but it's affecting the my laptop because I'm doing something else and I've about 15 other pages opened. I'll check it tomorrow and post a reply.

Take your time with that blog and those spreadsheets, because they will take a little while to get through. That blog is excellent if you just want to be able to trace different groups in the diaspora and just basic stuff in general about Africans and where they ended up. You may have to paste that spreadsheet into a browser in order to open it.

I don't know if I vehemently denied that slaves slaves from the Bight of Biafara contributed the largest group of slaves to the USA, because if you add the slaves from Chad and Cameroon to the ones taken in Nigeria and shipped from Biafara then that region likely did contribute quite a few slaves to the USA. My point is that many Nigerians that ended up in slavery in the USA actually came through the Caribbean rather than directly to the USA from Nigeria; because the Jihad of Fulani leader Usman dan Fodio had literally just gotten kicked off when the USA stopped importing slaves directly from Africa. Additionally, Britain also had a naval blockade on the Coast of Africa during that time, which forced the slavers to go to the Caribbean and South America.

You should probably do some research on the Mande people and their culture and customs. When you have done that then take a look at African Americans culture and customs and then you are going to realize real fast where most African American ancestors are from.

Joseph Opala | The Gilder Lehrman Center for the Study of Slavery, Resistance, and Abolition
Connecting the Dots: Sierra Leone – US Shared History

https://muse.jhu.edu/article/187892

On a side note the influence that African Americans have exerted on the USA is similar to the influence that the Mandingos (Mali) exerted in their lands.

a32s.jpg