"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

™BlackPearl The Empress™

Long Live the Empire
Supporter
Daps
I hate to be the one feeding into stereotypes but i was personally scammed out of about $250 from a west African last Christmas holiday. Cant say he was nigerian, but i know for sure he was from the motherland. Promised me i was going to get my stuff....never heard from him again.
:mjcry:

Oh damn they got you :ohhh:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
American media paints the picture of Africa, not blacks. Unless we travel we will not know what its like in African countries. So its not entirely our fault that we get wrong info about the motherland.

Just like the American media paints the picture of African Americans that is given to Africans. Some Africans come to the USA with preconceived negative notions about African Americans that was given by the American media.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Right lol

What is so wrong about different people looking different? I really don't get the outrage.:yeshrug:
When the cops pull your black ass over, guess what? They aren't discerning your lineage before deciding how to treat you. That "I'm African" shyt only matters if they want to date white women. It's a conversation starter because white people love to know where you're from. Probably just want to know if their family owned yours back in the day.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I get that shyt all the time. They typical dumb "but you dont look Haitian...." thrown my way.:stopitslime:
I look at them fukkwads like "well since you're such an expert show me how you expect haitians to look and i'll try my best to conform.." :francis:
Now, im not light skinned by any stretch of the imagination but even if i was, still.

Last edited:

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
there really is no african look

BUT Most of us (west Africans in particular) are dark skinned though even our dark skinned has its own range.not every one is jet black like what people think.

Most of my extended family is dark except my sister and mother and my deceased grandfather and a few relatives.

Nigerians and cameroonians are an exception though.

It's not even about complexion facial features tend to make us notice the difference.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
People need to stop exaggerating.
Nobody has ever told you that. You may have interpreted what they said, but nobody is actually telling people this.

People on social always make up stories that never happen like "Somebody told me I'm pretty for a black girl" or "Some random guy came into my job and told me I'm the most beautiful person in the world so I must be mixed" etc...

Nobody cares. I wish things like that were my biggest problems in life
:russell:

No it does happen.

Just not post worthy

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
It's not even about complexion facial features tend to make us notice the difference.
You know black people don't like to talk about anything and want unity at the same time.

Let's talk about it.

AA'S come in different colors and hair textures right? So do africans.... it's really that simple.

For example.

Gabrouey sidibe is fat and dark skinned but she doesn't get that look from her AFrican dad that's from her biggie smalls looking AA mom.

Her dad is fulani, Fulani rarely are overweight and that dark. Nor do they have wide noses. She look AA to me. Typical overweight dark skinned joint

ben anderson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
MD
Yep.

I was told to not write any Nigerians up at work if they do something wrong because of the relaliation.
:francis:
lol Africans be blowing the fukk out of me. Idk what is is but they just like south nikkas absolutely no swag at all. They think 6000$ snake skin loafers and a tight ass button up is saucing smh. Some of the biggest bamas even with money. And the women lol. Be looking like fukking clowns with all that make up and terrible weave choices. Had to cut my one half Ghanaian half Nigerian joint off, cuz of this. She had the most amazing body but she was just so tacky:huhldup: baby blue shoes, purple and shyt just all around goofy. shyt started to make me look bad and she wouldn't take my advice. Inb4:wrist:. And my one African friend swears his mom is naturally Lightskinned:snoop:. Idk how to tell dude she bleached. I'm like bra you and your bro are black as fukk and your moms ears and hands still don't match her face/neck

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Let's talk about it.

AA'S come in different colors and hair textures right? So do africans.... it's really that simple.

For example.

Gabrouey sidibe is fat and dark skinned but she doesn't get that look from her AFrican dad that's from her biggie smalls looking AA mom.

Her dad is fulani, Fulani rarely are overweight and that dark.
Americans in general are overweight.

InfinateOpulance

All Star
Daps
lol Africans be blowing the fukk out of me. Idk what is is but they just like south nikkas absolutely no swag at all. They think 6000$ snake skin loafers and a tight ass button up is saucing smh. Some of the biggest bamas even with money. And the women lol. Be looking like fukking clowns with all that make up and terrible weave choices. Had to cut my one half Ghanaian half Nigerian joint off, cuz of this. She had the most amazing body but she was just so tacky:huhldup: baby blue shoes, purple and shyt just all around goofy. shyt started to make me look bad and she wouldn't take my advice. Inb4:wrist:

I'm from the south...i know you trying to make a point so I'll let that first comment slide...:usure:

But yes i agree about the women. Beautiful bodies and shapes....but the mis matched make up and extra hair takes away from what they have naturally.
:manny: