"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
:bryan: Act like every African American chick on the street look like Beyonce and Keri Hilson African American brehs.

FOH. Some of us actually live in America.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's no big deal, people outside the internet don't really know much about Africa or how diverse the content is. Whether light, dark, straight/curly hair, different color eyes etc

Last year I ran into Florida brehs that were in my city on a road trip. They thought me and my little brother were Indians (red dot) :russ:

I had to explain to them we were sub Saharan Africans
Yeah seriously it's not a big deal.

Lol precious mother is 100% african american. And she look it weight especially

Very convenient that some want to deny there are fat dark skinned 100% AA women.
dude said Keri hilson and Beyonce represent the avg black women . :deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny: where sway?!

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Lol Oddisee lived where I lived (PG county) and I've seen him in person that nikka fits in 100% with AAs and no one has even thought otherwise. In fact I didn't even know he was a product of two ethnicities when I first saw him. I didn't even care to google that shyt until years after since dude isn't a popular or big rapper here.

Saying he looks "very sudanese" is a reach and implies there aren't AAs where he was born that look like him, because there's tons of AAs that share his features - including a lot of people in my fam and im AA. You obviously haven't been to the US, if you assume otherwise.

Hello, Mr @DarrynCobretti I have never said Oddisee did not look African American, i only said he looks very Sudanese, because many people in Sudan look like that. I also said in page 8 within the same thread

LOL, you mean specific Africans. I would say the vast majority of you guys would fit right in my country quite easily. Judging from your avatar you look like the majority of the people there, only difference you don't speak the language nor you have a clue of our culture. I will leave it at that! because you are a nice guy.

Few examples

Kelly Roland

eqin42_20160714_rowland_v2_250418_560x315_722788931643.jpg

Sudanese counterpart.

11326990_884155245026517_514506521_n.jpg

Beyonce

beyonce-white-650.jpg

Sudanese counterpart. The mean looking girl with the blue outfit far left.

2r6h2lu.jpg

Drake, i know he is Canadian
drake.jpg

Sudanese counterpart.

1517125_562946360458340_140458476_n.jpg

So don't take what i said literally, because you were obviously reading to much in to it.

P.S

The only difference is our hair texture diversity 'let say' more diverse than African Americans.

Last edited:

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
If you live in a majority AA city like I do(65%) and go to different stores within that city,you would notice the different looks of the blacks there, that are apart of the same ethnicity (AA) within that city. So to say AA have a "typical " look is stupid, because we're too diverse looks wise for that.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
First of all not all African American have double digit Nigerian test scores. Some have double digit Cameroon/Congo test scores, but I have almost never seen an African American that did not have a double digit Ivory Coast/Ghana score. The reason they come back double digit for Ivory Coast/Ghana is because Ancestry doesn't test for Sierra Leone, Guinea-Conakry/Bissau or Liberia. It is not even in dispute that most African Americans trace back to those areas, because they brought vestiges of stuff: like Blues music which is from the Sahel; Islam which still exist in AA churches right now, except nobody ever notices it; and customs like "playing the dozens" or "signifying" or "singing on each other" which is called "senankuya" among the Mandingos, which is where African Americans got that tradition from.

Another thing; leaving from the Bight of Biafara does not mean that the slaves were Igbo or even from Nigeria. The Bamoun and Bamileke people of Cameroon were also taken through the Bight of Biafara. The Sara people from Chad were also taken through that area. DNA testing is showing that Cameroon was grossly underreported as a the place of slave captures. Over half of African American men have Bantu genetic markers, which also indicates that they are from Cameroon and to the areas South and East of Cameroon.

African American Roots: What Genetics Can Reveal - 23andMe Blog
Cameroonian Americans - Wikipedia

Finally, only a very small percentage (something like 5%) of slaves were even brought to the USA. The vast majority of the slaves went to the Caribbean and South America. When the USA ended the importation of slaves directly from Africa into the USA in 1807; all new slaves into the USA were brought in from the Caribbean. That is likely how most Nigerian DNA in slaves got into the USA, because those slaves from the Caribbean were being bought into the USA.

Most of the 23andme records I've seen always show Nigeria and most times it's higher than 10%.

However, from the records I've seen - it's different (I'll find the slave records for the US and post it later). And most of the research papers I've read from African American academics/historians, including Henry Gates, also support this claim. The claim you're making for Ivory Coast/Ghana can be made for Benin/Togo since there are indigenous Yoruba populations in those countries that are never accounted for, hence the DNA records of a lot of Nigerians on 23andme always have the Benin/Togo markers.

Blues and all the other Sahel culture you're alluding to came from Louisiana, which wasn't part of the US, until the 19th century, when Napoleon sold it to the US (you can't deny the fact that most of it came from Kongo Square in New Orleans). And slaves taken to French colonies were allowed to keep their culture, unlike the US, where slaves were stripped of their native cultures. How about cite cultures that came out of a place like Virginia, since Jamestown was the first place slaves were taken to in the US, and a large bulk of the slaves were also taken there? I'm sure you won't be able to find any culture to cite, since they were all stripped of their native cultures and it's always easier to cite the cultures that originated from Louisiana were slaves were allowed to keep their culture.

Bantu genetic markers doesn't necessarily mean Cameroon since a lot of Nigerian groups in Eastern Nigeria, close to Cameroon, also have Bantu markers due to the fact that Bantus expanded eastwards/southwards in Africa, from there. And the slaves taken from Kongo Kingdom were Bantus since the slaves from there also form a large bulk of the slaves taken to the US.

Yes, I already alluded to the slaves that were smuggled into the US from the Caribbean and Brazil (I believe Brazil was still actively involved in the slave trade till 1907). But a lot of slaves from Nigeria have always formed the bulk of slaves taken to the US.

Anyway, this is beside the point. A lot of Aframs, especially the ones in the South where most Aframs live can fit anywhere in West/Central Africa and you won't be able to differentiate the people. And some even look more 'African' than the average West African kid born in Europe. So, the argument that all Africans have a certain look is redundant, if you ask me.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
Yeah seriously it's not a big deal.

dude said Keri hilson and Beyonce represent the avg black women . :deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny: where sway?!
Where did I say that?

Man I swear some of you nikkas in this thread lack basic reading comprehension.

I clearly stated full AAs like Keri Hilson and Beyonce represent the avg AA more than that half-African actress Sidibe. The operative word = more.

Their phenotypic traits are exponentially more common in AAs than Gaboury Sidibe's, in fact if all 3 did DNA tests Keri and Beyonce would actually cluster where AAs typically cluster, while Sidibe obviously would not because she's actually half-Senegalese and is actually connected to Africa.

The bottomline is some half-African woman does not represent AAs and any of African poster in here dapping that dumb shyt - would be the first to deny that any half-(insert country) land whale represents how they typically look in their homeland.

Even fat AA women typically do not look like Gaboury Sidibe. For the same reason lightskin and brownskin AA men do not typically look like some half AA-half native american nikka, are there full AAs who look like a half-Senegalese woman like Sidibe or a half-native american nikka? Yes, because we're one of the most diverse and unique ethnic groups on earth, but are they representative of the average AA? No.:yeshrug:

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
Damn y'all get down like that in London? :picard:

@R$GMETA

It does get sticky like that sometimes but this one happened on the outskirts of London. And from the story, it looks like a Jamaican yardie killing because when they get busy, they always do it to make a statement. Yardies only care about their weed, drugs, and money and, to go after any of those things - you've to really be about that life and war ready on your Ps & Qs 24/7. The white boy was just feeling himself too much and he messed with the wrong people, like this fake tough internet clown, 'badtguy', would end up doing one of these days - after thinking The Coli is real life.

The story made the news. This is it: Police are looking for two men after South Ockendon murder