"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
:hhh:
So what's you beef with igbo people nikka. They ain't killing no yoruba people yet you were all gassed up in that Biafra thread.

What 'beef' are you alluding to? So, because I went to read the posts on a thread and saw a lot of propaganda and unnecessary attacks on a group which had nothing to do with it and decided to correct the propaganda, while defending the group the topic mysteriously veered to - that means I've got 'beef' with certain people? Even all the people I argued with on the thread have moved on and we've interacted after that on other topics and dapped one another's posts. You must think everyone's as jobless as you with the faux online bravado on a virtual world where people just create whatever characters they want. Perhaps that's why you swear at everyone and talk tough like you're about that life all time, when it's obvious that you're not.

You remind me of some white boy that got killed down the road from my cousin two days ago. My cousin was just telling me how he got killed yesterday night. He knows he's not built like that but because he got hench due to steroids and has some tiny gun, he started robbing people, thinking he was king kong - till he messed with the wrong one. Two black guys just came to his house two days ago in the afternoon without hoodies/balaclavas and hacked him to with big matchetes - with his arms/legs dismembered from his body and bowel out. You better learn from that and don't take your fake internet tough guy shyt offline. You're not built like that.

I ain't got time for internet beefs and the fake gang/clique shyt y'all do on here, especially on a board where someone once posted a remote control as a gun. I do real shyt.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
I guess it really depends for example the "rapper" Oddisee looks very Sudanese(north), Father is Sudanese and mother African American.

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1...b..0.7.839.0.mFKd4POUMQc#imgrc=5P5GDGl7Vmec7M:

I think it is a half Eritrean American in the states, who looks very Eritrean.

Lol Oddisee lived where I lived (PG county) and I've seen him in person that nikka fits in 100% with AAs and no one has even thought otherwise. In fact I didn't even know he was a product of two ethnicities when I first saw him. I didn't even care to google that shyt until years after since dude isn't a popular or big rapper here.

Saying he looks "very sudanese" is a reach and implies there aren't AAs where he was born that look like him, because there's tons of AAs that share his features - including a lot of people in my fam and im AA. You obviously haven't been to the US, if you assume otherwise.

Last edited:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
You remind me of some white boy that got killed down the road from my cousin two days ago. My cousin was just telling me how he got killed yesterday night. He knows he's not built like that but because he got hench due to steroids and has some tiny gun, he started robbing people, thinking he was king kong - till he messed with the wrong one. Two black guys just came to his house two days ago in the afternoon without hoodies/balaclavas and hacked him to with big matchetes - with his arms/legs dismembered from his body and bowel out. You better learn from that and don't take your fake internet tough guy shyt offline. You're not built like that.

I ain't got time for internet beefs and the fake gang/clique shyt y'all do on here, especially on a board where someone once posted a remote control as a gun. I do real shyt.

Damn y'all get down like that in London? :picard:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear to God that you my nikka. Good ass post.

It is just that people keep overstating the number of Nigerians that came to the USA in slavery. I agree that a lot of Igbo came here to areas on the eastern seaboard, which would make sense because we heard of that "JuJu" religion. And for whatever reason a sizeable number of Hausa people ended up in the USA in slavery, but it is not clear to me yet how they got here. However, most Yoruba people went to the Caribbean and to South America and we know that because we see didn't see much evidence of their religions here in the USA, but we do see offshoots of it in places like Cuba and Brazil.

Hell, mostly everybody, including White people; knew that African Americans were descended from Mandingos/Mende/Vai/Susu and other Mande groups; because of religion, traditions, Southern accent (see Matt Schaffer), foods, culture, musical instruments (the Banjo) arts, on and on and on. We even know what "mojo"means.

Both White and Black Americans have even written books about the Mandingos. Some are obviously racist, but you get the point.

918n0s%2B6fgL.jpg

roots_dvd.png

Bound to Africa: the Mandinka Legacy in the New World
Matt Schaffer
https://muse.jhu.edu/article/187892/pdf

Gullah - Wikipedia

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
What 'beef' are you alluding to? So, because I went to read the posts on a thread and saw a lot of propaganda and unnecessary attacks on a group which had nothing to do with it and decided to correct the propaganda, while defending the group the topic mysteriously veered to - that means I've got 'beef' with certain people? Even all the people I argued with on the thread have moved on and we've interacted after that on other topics and dapped one another's posts. You must think everyone's as jobless as you with the faux online bravado on a virtual world where people just create whatever characters they want. Perhaps that's why you swear at everyone and talk tough like you're about that life all time, when it's obvious that you're not.

Yo you be typing alot next time I got something to type imma hit you up and give your nutt ass a job.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
It is just that people keep overstating the number of Nigerians that came to the USA in slavery. I agree that a lot of Igbo came here to areas on the eastern seaboard, which woudl make sense because we heard of that "JuJu" religion. And for whatever reason a sizeable number of Hausa people ended up in the USA in slavery, but it is not clear to me yet how they got here. However, most Yoruba people went to the Caribbean and to South America and we know that because we see didn't see much evidence of their religions here in the USA, but we do see offshoots of it in places like Cuba and Brazil.
I would be CAREFUL when using religion/culture as evidence for whether or not an African people migrated to the certain part of the Diaspora in large numbers.

For example based off genetics Afro-Brazilians are mainly Angolan, however their culture is mainly Yoruba because Yoruba slaves were late comers to Brazil. The reason why we hardly see Yoruba or any other Southern West African culture in the USA because they were stomped out because they relied a lot on the drums. This allowed Islamic West African culture to easily slip through the cracks and be the largest influence for AA culture.

But I agree that we don't even know HOW MUCH AAs are "Nigerian." I would say only 30% of the AA genome has been mapped.

Hell, mostly everybody, including White people; knew that African Americans were descended from Mandingos/Mende/Vai/Susu and other Mande groups; because of religion, traditions, Southern accent (see Matt Schaffer), foods, culture, musical instruments (the Banjo) arts, on and on and on. We even know what "mojo"means.

Both White and Black Americans have even written books about the Mandingos. Some are obviously racist, but you get the point.

918n0s%2B6fgL.jpg

roots_dvd.png

Bound to Africa: the Mandinka Legacy in the New World
Matt Schaffer
https://muse.jhu.edu/article/187892/pdf

Gullah - Wikipedia

Interesting.

DarrynCobretti

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
Bottomline, I don't see why people are here getting mad when AAs notices when a person of another ethnic group in OUR area happens to looks different than us - our DNA is unique to us and typically our phenotypic traits are a conglomeration of various African ethnic groups and unfortunately with a slight twist of eurocac blood via slave rape.

People in here trying to deny the gene expression of the AA genome. The same people in here trying to attribute a half-AA celebrity like precious to AAs are the main ones who try to pretend that celebrities like 100% full AAs like Keri Hilson and Beyonce aren't.:sas2:

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)

:whoa:
Ya'll out here chopping up folk with the damn machete
:damn:

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Bottomline, I don't see why people are here getting mad when AAs notices when a person of another ethnic group in OUR area happens to looks different than us - our DNA is unique to us and typically our phenotypic traits are a conglomeration of various African ethnic groups and unfortunately with a slight twist of eurocac blood via slave rape.

People in here trying to deny the gene expression of the AA genome. The same people in here trying to attribute a half-AA celebrity like precious to AAs are the main ones who try to pretend that celebrities like 100% full AAs like Keri Hilson and Beyonce aren't.:sas2:

I don't know what you talking about dawg.

Kerry Hilson is AA, so is Beyonce and so is precious and her big ass mom

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Akan

U ghanaian or ivorian?

African American.

My username is Akan, because I studied the Akan people and how they left the Kingdom of Ghana and moved into the forest belt (modern day countries of Ivory Coast and Ghana). I love how they disposed of the Portuguese and later beat the British in 3 separate battles during colonialism.

My avatar is of a Mandingo leader by the name of Samori Ture. His army defeated the French during colonialism.

In order for the English and the French to eventually capture West Africa they had to literally depose and send the Ashanti and Mandingo leaders into exile, which is where they died. Now that is Black excellence and what is truly amazing is that White people admit the ass whipping that they took in West Africa, but nobody ever talks about it. The thing that impressed me the most is that the Ashahnti (and all Akan people) and the Mandingos were all originally in the Kingdom of Ghana, but were subjugated by another Mande people called the Soninke.

Anglo-Ashanti wars - Wikipedia
Mandingo Wars - Wikipedia

Last edited:

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would be CAREFUL when using religion/culture as evidence for whether or not an African people migrated to the certain part of the Diaspora in large numbers.

For example based off genetics Afro-Brazilians are mainly Angolan, however their culture is mainly Yoruba because Yoruba slaves were late comers to Brazil. The reason why we hardly see Yoruba or any other Southern West African culture in the USA because they were stomped out because they relied a lot on the drums. This allowed Islamic West African culture to easily slip through the cracks and be the largest influence for AA culture.

But I agree that we don't even know HOW MUCH AAs are "Nigerian." I would say only 30% of the AA genome has been mapped.

Interesting.

Although we did know that many Brazilians and Caribbean people would have been mostly Yoruban, because of what that Fulani Jihadist Usman Dan Fodio was doing in Nigeria.

DarrynCobretti

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
I don't know what you talking about dawg.

Kerry Hilson is AA, so is Beyonce and so is precious and her big ass mom
Stop acting stupid.:camby:

The name of the actress who played precious is Gabourey Sidibe and her father, Ibnou Sidibe, is from Senegal.

Stop putting this half Senegalese person in the same sentence as full AAs like Keri Hilson and Beyonce - who actually have phenotypic traits that are more typical of AAs and our unique DNA.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Stop acting stupid.:camby:

The name of the actress who played precious is Gabourey Sidibe and her father, Ibnou Sidibe, is from Senegal.

Stop putting this half Senegalese person in the same sentence as full AAs like Keri Hilson and Beyonce - who actually have phenotypic traits that are more typical of AAs and our unique DNA.

Lol precious mother is 100% african american. And she look it weight especially

Very convenient that some want to deny there are fat dark skinned 100% AA women.