"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Breh... Mali, Guinea and the rest of the Sahel has that SAME range too. But more...:heh:

You have extremes like THIS...
african_blues3.jpg

To THIS!
tinariwen14.jpg

that is not as extreme as Sudan when they live as the crossroads/borders of numerous types

0e09591d0cca13e9d33e4250f1a94702.gif

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
that is not as extreme as Sudan when they live as the crossroads/borders of numerous types

0e09591d0cca13e9d33e4250f1a94702.gif

And Mali is not the same??? Come...
mali-MMAP-md.png

To the East you have Nilo-Saharan speakers and nomadic Berbers in Niger. To the south you have Southern forest West African Niger-Congo people. To the west you have Atlantic Niger Congo people/pastoralist and to the north you have North African Berbers/Arabs. UNLIKE the Sudan Mali is not missing the Niger-Congo influence...

Mali has ALWAYS been more of a crossroad throughout history than the Sudan.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
/Thread.:wow:

the gawd @IllmaticDelta always coming through with that work.:salute:

Agreed, alot of them no doubt can come here and look like they are one of us. Fulani and Mandenka people aren't the only people who can claim that either.

But for the most part AAs still can discern differences between them and us, like the above post illustrated. I don't where you lived, but I've lived and grew in predominately black areas in the south and east coast.

Go to a mall, club venue or an HCBU campus in the US and pick out 100 AAs then facially compare them to 100 randomly picked Fulani or Mandenka people, you'd more often than not could tell which are AA.

There isn't a country in Africa who has a single tribe/group who are collectively identical to AAs, from a phenotype standpoint.

I grew up in Chicago. I currently live in Tennessee. I have been all over the Southeast and while there is no definitive look for African Americans; I have taken a long look at those Mende, Mandenka and Fulani people and I am just struck by how strongly they resemble African Americans.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
And Mali is not the same??? Come...
mali-MMAP-md.png

To the East you have Nilo-Saharan speakers and nomadic Berbers in Niger. To the south you have Southern forest West African Niger-Congo people. To the west you have Atlantic Niger Congo people/pastoralist and to the north you have North African Berbers/Arabs. UNLIKE the Sudan Mali is not missing the Niger-Congo influence...

Mali has ALWAYS been more of a crossroad throughout history than the Sudan.

those people on the borders of WA do not have the same broad range as those ones bordering sudan.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
those people on the borders of WA do not have the same broad range as those ones bordering sudan.
No offense but your moving the goal post a bit. South Sudan does not have a broad range[they are MORE homogeneous in looks than ANY West Africans] and the range in Niger is equal to the one in Chad. Mauritania has a LARGE diversity in phenotype since it has always been a culture class between Berbers and non-Berbers. And Guinea and Burkino Faso imo has way more phenotype range than Eritrea who are mostly Tigrey. Mali's border is just as diverse as Sudan's one. I argue more since they do not lack the Niger-Congo stock.

Bonk

God’s Son
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
In Da 15th
@IllmaticDelta
Funny how you posted pictures of West African soccer players, who're from the poorest backgrounds in their respective countries and tried to compare them to NBA superstars. I'm sure you don't even know that one the NBA superstars you posted, Andre Iguodala, is Nigerian. Regardless, we know you have white admixtures but we also know that the average African American from the South looks like Mike Vick, kam Chancellor, Gucci mane, Young Jeezy, Dwayne Wade - than Steph Curry.

It's also funny how y'all don't even know that almost all West African groups have the same haplogroup and that shows that whatever phenotype they have today, is as a result of living in a particular habitat, for a long time. And if you think you look more like North Sudanese people, who have a different haplogroup and are Arabs, despite having mostly West African ancestry - good for you. But y'all have to stop claiming West Africa and start looking towards North Sudan. Your ancestors are from North Sudan. West African don't even need no one - we're the smartest out of Africa and we're blazing every trail available.

Anyway, I'll reply the excerpts in your post and @Akan 's post on the percentage of slaves on a later date.

@badtguy
Your post doesn't even deserve a reply. But I'll just say one thing that's consistent about me is that, I don't attack people who don't throw personal shots at me first. On the other thread, I was focused on the topic and I only attacked those who attacked me. And left it there on that thread. I don't have time to be so vested in people I don't know and will never meet.

As for R$GMETA, the guy never attacked me, why should I attack him? I didn't see whatever you're claiming he said about Africans. And even if I did, do I look like the African saviour? How about get your legion of fellow Africans on the board to start an e-war with him? Get a life and stop following me around with that fake tough guy shyt.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No offense but your moving the goal post a bit. South Sudan does not have a broad range[they are MORE homogeneous in looks than ANY West Africans] and the range in Niger is equal to the one in Chad. Mauritania has a LARGE diversity in phenotype since it has always been a culture class between Berbers and non-Berbers. And Guinea and Burkino Faso imo has way more phenotype range than Eritrea who are mostly Tigrey. Mali's border is just as diverse as Sudan's one. I argue more since they do not lack the Niger-Congo stock.

no way

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
@IllmaticDelta
Funny how you posted pictures of West African soccer players, who're from the poorest backgrounds in their respective countries and tried to compare them to NBA superstars.

the nba players aren't exactly flooded with money before entering the nba:gucci:

I'm sure you don't even know that one the NBA superstars you posted, Andre Iguodala, is Nigerian.

half afram

Regardless, we know you have white admixtures but we also know that the average African American from the South looks like Mike Vick, kam Chancellor, Gucci mane, Young Jeezy, Dwayne Wade - than Steph Curry.

step curry has upper south roots in Virginia. Places like Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina are different from places like Mississippi, Florida and South Carolina.

It's also funny how y'all don't even know that almost all West African groups have the same haplogroup and that shows that whatever phenotype they have today, is as a result of living in a particular habitat, for a long time. And if you think you look more like North Sudanese people, who have a different haplogroup and are Arabs, despite having mostly West African ancestry - good for you. But y'all have to stop claiming West Africa and start looking towards North Sudan. Your ancestors are from North Sudan. West African don't even need no one - we're the smartest out of Africa and we're blazing every trail available.

noone claimed that...what I said is that they're the only country who can even attempt to cover the full range of aframs because of hybridization from dark to light. Not that they actually looked alike.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I grew up in Chicago. I currently live in Tennessee. I have been all over the Southeast and while there is no definitive look for African Americans; I have taken a long look at those Mende, Mandenka and Fulani people and I am just struck by how strongly they resemble African Americans.

Well I mean AAs come from these people so it should be no surprise AAs may resemble Mande people.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You seriously need to do some research on African history and African anthropology because no offense but you seem to have a steortypical view on the Western part of Africa. Dude! Guinea and Burkina Faso has WAY MORE ethnic diversity especially in phenotype than Eritrea.

In Burkina Faso you have Fulanis Mande people and Nilo-Saharan speakers. Who ALL have their own unique look. You have Fulanis who look straight up HORNER in Burkina Faso, Guinea, Mali and Senegal along with groups that look "West African." The same can not be said for Eritrea who mostly look Northern Ethio-Semitic.

You have to face it. Western Sudan has ALWAYS been more interconnected than the Eastern Sudan and the Western Sudan is just as diverse if not MORE since again they do not lack a Niger-Congo element like Sudan does.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
You seriously need to do some research on African history and African anthropology because no offense but you seem to have a steortypical view on the Western part of Africa. Dude! Guinea and Burkina Faso has WAY MORE ethnic diversity especially in phenotype than Eritrea.

In Burkina Faso you have Fulanis Mande people and Nilo-Saharan speakers. Who ALL have their own unique look. You have Fulanis who look straight up HORNER in Burkina Faso, Guinea, Mali and Senegal along with groups that look "West African." The same can not be said for Eritrea who mostly look Northern Ethio-Semitic.

You have to face it. Western Sudan has ALWAYS been more interconnected than the Eastern Sudan and the Western Sudan is just as diverse if not MORE since again they do not lack a Niger-Congo element like Sudan does.

Western Sudanic kingdoms were huge centers of commerce/trade. Anyone who thinks African Ethnic groups lack a range in diverse looks is pretty much an idiot. At this point you can't even really take the opinion someone has on Africa serious unless they are from the place they are speaking on or visited the continent. Lotta dudes are ignorant to the point it's comical.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

ethnic diversity isn't the same as phenotypical diversity when the tribes are closely related

West+Africa.png

East_Africa.png

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
There isn't a country in Africa who has a single tribe/group who are collectively identical to AAs, from a phenotype standpoint.

Exactly.

The fact that folks are having to use the entire continent of Africa to find comparisons to specific AAs should be a huge hint.

An individual AA might look mostly Igbo for example but might have features/body types that come from a completely different ethnic group or even race.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Western Sudanic kingdoms were huge centers of commerce/trade. Anyone who thinks African Ethnic groups lack a range in diverse looks is pretty much an idiot. At this point you can't even really take the opinion someone has on Africa serious unless they are from the place they are speaking on or visited the continent. Lotta dudes are ignorant to the point it's comical.

Noone said african groups lack range but we're talking a matter of micro vs macro diversity.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
@IllmaticDelta

These people DO NOT live North of Mali but INSIDE and right NEXT DOOR to the country.
7rcugC5.jpg

^^Her type of people BEEN migrating in and out of Mali since the ethnogensis of her group. Her people may have significant Berber ancestry but they are "West African."

The same is said with these Horner looking ones too.
Fulaba-shoot-with-Edil-gold-dipped-Fulani-earrings-large_83-edited-2-1151x1280.jpg