"You Are Too Light To Be African", "You Don't Look African"

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Most of the 23andme records I've seen always show Nigeria and most times it's higher than 10%.

However, from the records I've seen - it's different (I'll find the slave records for the US and post it later). And most of the research papers I've read from African American academics/historians, including Henry Gates, also support this claim. The claim you're making for Ivory Coast/Ghana can be made for Benin/Togo since there are indigenous Yoruba populations in those countries that are never accounted for, hence the DNA records of a lot of Nigerians on 23andme always have the Benin/Togo markers.

aframs

Blues and all the other Sahel culture you're alluding to came from Louisiana, which wasn't part of the US, until the 19th century, when Napoleon sold it to the US (you can't deny the fact that most of it came from Kongo Square in New Orleans). And slaves taken to French colonies were allowed to keep their culture, unlike the US, where slaves were stripped of their native cultures. How about cite cultures that came out of a place like Virginia, since Jamestown was the first place slaves were taken to in the US, and a large bulk of the slaves were also taken there? I'm sure you won't be able to find any culture to cite, since they were all stripped of their native cultures and it's always easier to cite the cultures that originated from Louisiana were slaves were allowed to keep their culture.

no....blues is from mississippi not Louisianna and was brought to louisianna by migrants from mississippi

But a lot of slaves from Nigeria have always formed the bulk of slaves taken to the US.

Nope...see my charts from above

Anyway, this is beside the point. A lot of Aframs, especially the ones in the South where most Aframs live can fit anywhere in West/Central Africa and you won't be able to differentiate the people. And some even look more 'African' than the average West African kid born in Europe. So, the argument that all Africans have a certain look is redundant, if you ask me.

there are aframs who look distinctly african but they aren't the avg

epdbWsi.jpg

a5E9BZY.jpg

For context

Nigeria

Mali

Ivory Coast

Gueniea

Ghana

Cameroon

Burkina Faso

Togo

Senegal

Angola

vs

Aframs

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Where did I say that?

Man I swear some of you nikkas in this thread lack basic reading comprehension.

I clearly stated full AAs like Keri Hilson and Beyonce represent the avg AA more than that half-African actress Sidibe. The operative word = more.

Their phenotypic traits are exponentially more common in AAs than Gaboury Sidibe's, in fact if all 3 did DNA tests Keri and Beyonce would actually cluster where AAs typically cluster, while Sidibe obviously would not because she's actually half-Senegalese and is actually connected to Africa.

The bottomline is some half-African woman does not represent AAs and any of African poster in here dapping that dumb shyt - would be the first to deny that any half-(insert country) land whale represents how they typically look in their homeland.

Even fat AA women typically do not look like Gaboury Sidibe. For the same reason lightskin and brownskin AA men do not typically look like some half AA-half native american nikka, are there full AAs who look like a half-Senegalese woman like Sidibe or a half-native american nikka? Yes, because we're one of the most diverse and unique ethnic groups on earth, but are they representative of the average AA? No.:yeshrug:

Dawg you're the only one with reading comprehension skills. Forget Precious for a second.

I specifically said precious' bbw African American mom. And yeah I see plenty of fat dark american hoes here.

Quick trip up to Largo chuck e cheese you'll plenty of fat single moms walking around.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Hello, Mr @DarrynCobretti I have never said Oddisee did not look African American, i only said he looks very Sudanese, because many people in Sudan look like that. I also said in page 8 within the same thread

sudan is the only singular county in africa that's capable of almost spanning the full spectrum of aframs but still not fully because Sudan is missing the variety of lower/upper West African + bantu types.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
sudan is the only singular county in africa that's capable of almost spanning the full spectrum of aframs but still not fully because Sudan is missing the variety of lower/upper West African + bantu types.
Nah I use to believe this but I think Mali and surrounding Sahelian West African countries.

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
@R$GMETA

It does get sticky like that sometimes but this one happened on the outskirts of London. And from the story, it looks like a Jamaican yardie killing because when they get busy, they always do it to make a statement. Yardies only care about their weed, drugs, and money and, to go after any of those things - you've to really be about that life and war ready on your Ps & Qs 24/7. The white boy was just feeling himself too much and he messed with the wrong people, like this fake tough internet clown, 'badtguy', would end up doing one of these days - after thinking The Coli is real life.

The story made the news. This is it: Police are looking for two men after South Ockendon murder

Yo stop dikk riding an AA nikka that was talking shyt, that shyt is pitiful.

Nikka R3GMETA said a whole bunch of corny dirty, starved, flies on face, African jokes.

And you out here telling this nikka bed time stories about what happens in Ireland.

but when it comes to tribal disagreement your energy is mad different.

So, you're my brother, lil nikka?

You need to follow my lead.

A lot of you Nigerian Americans are very soft, tho.

You're not like British Nigerians. Y'all need to toughen up.

FOH. I don't care if you're nigerian british, nigerian american or a nikka from Abeokuta. You're weak

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
na....Sudan has more of a hybridization of types than those regions or anywhere else in africa, for that matter.
lol! Mali and the Sahel have an even BIGGER hybridization! You got Berber speakers, Mande speakers, non-Mande Niger Congo speakers, Niger-Congo/Berber hybrid pastoralist Fulanis and finally Nilo-Saharan speakers ALL in ONE. North Sudan doesn't even have that many Niger-Congo speakers or their phenotype. North Sudan phenotype is too Afro-Asiatic and Nilo-Saharan to be close to AAs.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of the 23andme records I've seen always show Nigeria and most times it's higher than 10%.

However, from the records I've seen - it's different (I'll find the slave records for the US and post it later). And most of the research papers I've read from African American academics/historians, including Henry Gates, also support this claim. The claim you're making for Ivory Coast/Ghana can be made for Benin/Togo since there are indigenous Yoruba populations in those countries that are never accounted for, hence the DNA records of a lot of Nigerians on 23andme always have the Benin/Togo markers.

Blues and all the other Sahel culture you're alluding to came from Louisiana, which wasn't part of the US, until the 19th century, when Napoleon sold it to the US (you can't deny the fact that most of it came from Kongo Square in New Orleans). And slaves taken to French colonies were allowed to keep their culture, unlike the US, where slaves were stripped of their native cultures. How about cite cultures that came out of a place like Virginia, since Jamestown was the first place slaves were taken to in the US, and a large bulk of the slaves were also taken there? I'm sure you won't be able to find any culture to cite, since they were all stripped of their native cultures and it's always easier to cite the cultures that originated from Louisiana were slaves were allowed to keep their culture.

Bantu genetic markers doesn't necessarily mean Cameroon since a lot of Nigerian groups in Eastern Nigeria, close to Cameroon, also have Bantu markers due to the fact that Bantus expanded eastwards/southwards in Africa, from there. And the slaves taken from Kongo Kingdom were Bantus since the slaves from there also form a large bulk of the slaves taken to the US.

Yes, I already alluded to the slaves that were smuggled into the US from the Caribbean and Brazil (I believe Brazil was still actively involved in the slave trade till 1907). But a lot of slaves from Nigeria have always formed the bulk of slaves taken to the US.

Anyway, this is beside the point. A lot of Aframs, especially the ones in the South where most Aframs live can fit anywhere in West/Central Africa and you won't be able to differentiate the people. And some even look more 'African' than the average West African kid born in Europe. So, the argument that all Africans have a certain look is redundant, if you ask me.

There are a lot of holes in your statements and you have too many things going on. First of all the Blues are not from Louisiana. The Blues originated on the Sahel in West Africa and it was taken to the plantations of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. It started with an instrument that Africans brought from West Africa called a Banjo. Thomas Jefferson even wrote about the banjo and the slaves:

"The instrument proper to the [slaves] is the Banjar, which they brought hither from Africa,” wrote Thomas Jefferson in 1781."

Carroll: Plucking at racial history with the banjo – The Denver Post
PBS - American Roots Music : Instruments and Innovations - The Banjo

Due to racism associated with minstrel shows; African Americans stopped playing the banjo and started playing the guitar.

The history of Louisiana has been covered by the Coli before. There were Mandinka/Mende and Wolof people taken there and we know that, because those slaves grew rice. However, once the USA purchased Louisiana from France many of the new slaves that came to Louisiana were actually from Haiti. The French slave owners from Haiti fled with their slaves after the Haitians defeated the French during the Haitian Revolution. Most of those Haitian slaves were originally from Togo and Benin; which is how Voodoo got to Louisiana. Because unless I missed something in my research then Voodoo is only found in Haiti, Louisiana, Togo and Benin. Is it a coincidence that voodoo is usually only found in French speaking societies? I don't know.

Tour to Togo and Benin: Cradle of voodoo - TransAfrica

Other slaves that got to Louisiana and Mississippi came from plantations in the USA after the USA purchased Louisiana from Napoleon. That is where we get the phrase "sold down the river" from. Slaves were literally sold from plantations up the Ohio and Mississippi rivers down to plantations in Louisiana and Mississippi. Most of the slaves came from plantations in Virginia, North Carolina, Kentucky and Tennessee and they were sold South from the large slave markets in Louisville to the large slave market in New Orleans. When slaves were sold down River they were literally worked to death in the swampy hot air of Louisiana and Mississippi.

What Does 'Sold Down The River' Really Mean? The Answer Isn't Pretty

Btw, I am not saying that Nigerian DNA did not end up in the DNA of African Americans. I am saying that most (not all) likely came to the USA through the Caribbean after the importation of slaves directly from Africa into the USA was banned in 1807. Additionally it can not be stated enough times that the USA did not take that many slaves to begin with. The vast majority of slaves (over 90%) went to the Caribbean and South America. On top of that DNA testing is showing that African Americans are just as closely related to the Tikar, Bamoun and Bamileke from Cameroon as they are with the Igbo of Nigeria.

Fwiw, most (not all) African American ancestors came to the USA between 1720 through 1780. Fulani Cleric Usman Dan Fodio's Jihad did not even start in Nigeria until 1804. The USA ban on the importation of slaves directly from Africa began in 1807. In 1808 England began a blockade of Africa when they made it illegal for English ships to transport slaves in the Atlantic slave trade. So the only place that slaves from Nigeria could be taken after Fodio's Jihad was to plantations controlled by the French, Dutch, Portuguese and Spanish; which were basically all in the Caribbean and South America. I am not sure how many slaves from Nigeria the King of Dahomey took or how many slaves the Igbo Priests made, but unless I am misremembering then I think that Usman Dan Fodio made the most slaves in Nigeria withe collapsing of the Hausa and Yoruba Kingdoms. I don't know if that is an overstatement so I will look it up.

Facts about the Slave Trade and Slavery | The Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History

A couple of groups that I did not mention were the people of Congo, Angola, Madagascar and Mozambique. The people of Congo were brought to the USA in very large numbers as well. They were being brought in to make it harder to form slave revolts (I presume that the White people feared that Mandenkas); due to the different languages. However, It was the Congo rebellion (Stono Rebellion) in South Carolina that led to the English and later the United States trying to limit the importation of slaves directly from Africa. So the people of Congo and Angola also came in larger numbers to the USA then the Nigerians.

Last edited:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
lol! Mali and the Sahel have an even BIGGER hybridization! You got Berber speakers, Mande speakers, non-Mande Niger Congo speakers, Niger-Congo/Berber hybrid pastoralist Fulanis and finally Nilo-Saharan speakers ALL in ONE.

Im talking about their features

North Sudan doesn't even have that many Niger-Congo speakers or their phenotype. North Sudan phenotype is too Afro-Asiatic and Nilo-Saharan to be close to AAs.

sudan has higher level of range/recombination of phenotypes than the sahel which is what I mean by "spanning the range of aframs"

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
"Americans don't have passports"
Why purchase one, we can see all of you PROUD YET DIRTY ASS nikkaS lining up to be under us.
Ethiopian neighborhoods in DC, Somali neighborhoods in Columbus, Nigerians all in the video (PG COUNTY, MD)... Ghanians all up in the video (BX... NY...TRACY TOWERS)...
HMM... the areas they move into are always predominantly AA.
We BARELY go to Europe, hoe ass nikkas say "nikkas aint got passport"
We in THE USA, where everyone wants to go.
"Y'all don't visit Africa"
What the fukk for? Y'all nikkas DIE to come to the place I was born.
Y'all dirty ass fly face feed the children sob story nikkas come to where we be...then switch it up.
Oh so you an Ashanti chief or an ECONOMIC MIGRANT?
Is you traveling or running (away from home/y'all shyt into the ground/them pockets to cac religions)...
Make y'all dirty ass minds up, nikkas.
Humble brag ass thread "we can be lightskinned too! Ooh you didn't even know we Africans"
Lol @SheWantTheD whole post history is the opposite of his screen name.
Ol socially awkward African DORK.
Go to one of y'all poorly designed websites and type in that trash pidgin slang OH! goofass nikka about getting played by women we discard after use :lolbron:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Im talking about their features
Uh...So am I.
sudan has higher level of range/recombination of phenotypes than the sahel which is what I mean by "spanning the range of aframs"

LOL! I'm gonna offend a lot of people but I knew it. People assume North Sudanese show more common features with AAs due to them mostly being lighter complexioned. Nah it doesn't work like that. North Sudanese phenotype is far to "North African" and Nilo-Saharan to fit in the AA range. The Sahel while it has a lot of North African influence[via Berbers] it is ACTUALLY mixed with significant Niger-Congo influence[who AAs MAINLY descend from]. THIS is what I am talking about[a copy and paste from my West African women thread].
te8nQR9.jpg

LoYP0f6.jpg

8TfS3SQ.jpg

54TArpz.jpg

yJbKarg.jpg

giphy.gif

vyDXzRf.jpg

DlYA4Iw.jpg

cBoHtLH.jpg

They even got that poetic justice look. ALl of this imo is CLOSER to the AA variation than THIS which is majority Northeast African.
708_xcitefun-miss-sudan_max600.jpg

giphy.gif

16908942_335819686814138_6625173747718422528_n.jpg

16789824_1554081677954735_6648002864696262656_n.jpg

And don't even get me started on Sahelian Fulanis/Guineans who are even CLOSER to the AA variation.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Where did I say that?

Man I swear some of you nikkas in this thread lack basic reading comprehension.

I clearly stated full AAs like Keri Hilson and Beyonce represent the avg AA more than that half-African actress Sidibe. The operative word = more.

Their phenotypic traits are exponentially more common in AAs than Gaboury Sidibe's, in fact if all 3 did DNA tests Keri and Beyonce would actually cluster where AAs typically cluster, while Sidibe obviously would not because she's actually half-Senegalese and is actually connected to Africa.

The bottomline is some half-African woman does not represent AAs and any of African poster in here dapping that dumb shyt - would be the first to deny that any half-(insert country) land whale represents how they typically look in their homeland.

Even fat AA women typically do not look like Gaboury Sidibe. For the same reason lightskin and brownskin AA men do not typically look like some half AA-half native american nikka, are there full AAs who look like a half-Senegalese woman like Sidibe or a half-native american nikka? Yes, because we're one of the most diverse and unique ethnic groups on earth, but are they representative of the average AA? No.:yeshrug:

Some of those Fulani and Mandenka people look just like African Americans to me. Maybe it is just me, but I have seen the facial features of Fulani and Mandenkas on African Americans a thousand times; to the point that if I saw a Fulani or Mandenka in person I would assume that they were African Americans until they spoke. Just take a look at some pictures of Fulani and Mandenka people; African Americans are dead ringers for them.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Uh...So am I.

LOL! I'm gonna offend a lot of people but I knew it. People assume North Sudanese show more common features with AAs due to them mostly being lighter complexioned. Nah it doesn't work like that. North Sudanese phenotype is far to "North African" and Nilo-Saharan to fit in the AA range. The Sahel while it has a lot of North African influence[via Berbers] it is ACTUALLY mixed with significant Niger-Congo influence[who AAs MAINLY descend from]. THIS is what I am talking about[a copy and paste from my West African women thread].

And don't even get me started on Sahelian Fulanis/Guineans who are even CLOSER to the AA variation.

I said RANGE meaning, they range from dark types to more fairer/ambiguous types. As in being able to encompass a wide gap in phenotypes

Celtics-Pierce-Garnett-Allen-1024x894.jpg

clblN.jpg

936full-erica-hubbard.jpg

iYRBT.jpg

lfXXg.jpg

vs

happy-faces-of-sudanese2.jpg

09-1300_SD.jpg

eBMHWkf.jpg

etciEau.jpg

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I said RANGE meaning, they range from dark types to more fairer/ambiguous types. As in being able to encompass a wide gap in phenotypes

images

clblN.jpg

images

iYRBT.jpg

images

vs

happy-faces-of-sudanese2.jpg

09-1300_SD.jpg

eBMHWkf.jpg

etciEau.jpg
Breh... Mali, Guinea and the rest of the Sahel has that SAME range too. But more...:heh:

You have extremes like THIS...
african_blues3.jpg

To THIS!
tinariwen14.jpg

And AAs descend from BOTH type of stocks[unlike with North Sudanese] tho the latter one in less frequency. This is why I said this.
You got Berber speakers, Mande speakers, non-Mande Niger Congo speakers, Niger-Congo/Berber hybrid pastoralist Fulanis and finally Nilo-Saharan speakers ALL in ONE.

In North Sudan you only have two main stocks. Nilo-Saharan type and Afro-Asiatic/Middle Eastern type. The Western Sahel/Mali has 5x that and North Sudan doesn't even have a significant Niger-Congo/Bantu stock unlike the Mali/Sahel.

DarrynCobretti

Fresh out the bed, count up the dead
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
All this drip on me
aframs

no....blues is from mississippi not Louisianna and was brought to louisianna by migrants from mississippi

Nope...see my charts from above

there are aframs who look distinctly african but they aren't the avg

epdbWsi.jpg

a5E9BZY.jpg

For context

Nigeria

Mali

Ivory Coast

Gueniea

Ghana

Cameroon

Burkina Faso

Togo

Senegal

Angola

vs

Aframs

/Thread.:wow:

the gawd @IllmaticDelta always coming through with that work.:salute:

Some of those Fulani and Mandenka people look just like African Americans to me. Maybe it is just me, but I have seen the facial features of Fulani and Mandenkas on African Americans a thousand times; to the point that if I saw a Fulani or Mandenka in person I would assume that they were African Americans until they spoke. Just take a look at some pictures of Fulani and Mandenka people; African Americans are dead ringers for them.
Agreed, alot of them no doubt can come here and look like they are one of us. Fulani and Mandenka people aren't the only people who can claim that either.

But for the most part AAs still can discern differences between them and us, like the above post illustrated. I don't where you lived, but I've lived and grew in predominately black areas in the south and east coast.

Go to a mall, club venue or an HCBU campus in the US and pick out 100 AAs then facially compare them to 100 randomly picked Fulani or Mandenka people, you'd more often than not could tell which are AA.

There isn't a country in Africa who has a single tribe/group who are collectively identical to AAs, from a phenotype standpoint.

Last edited: