You a gamer? What you playing? What you beat? Speak on it

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Stop what your doing and play Final Fantasy 6. You can play it damn near anywhere so you have no excuse.

It's the pound-for-pound best game in the series and tied with Chrono Trigger for best RPG of all time. Which you also need to play if you haven't.
I'll play them. For me P4G is my fave RPG of all time so I DOUBT that'd change.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
wtf is a "RPS"? :heh:

I'll just say that DAI has a lot to prove. I get bummed every time I see a video, and it's some dude running around playing it like a 3rd-person button masher. I hope for the best though...

Divinity is pretty dope. it definitely has that 'old school' RPG feel. it's a very open game, without a lot of 'hand-holding'. that basically means you don't know where to go, and you'll end up facing impossible enemies that are several levels above you. :damn: shyt is dope once you kinda figure it out though. I really haven't got that far yet
I was in my feelings when I typed that.

They've added the tactical view and you can slow things down and play like DAO so I'm not worried

But again on Divinity, if u say it's worth 28 bucks I think imma cop. Been hearing some real good shyt about it

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'll play them. For me P4G is my fave RPG of all time so I DOUBT that'd change.

I played Persona 3 only. The series isn't too traditional of a RPG series so I couldn't objectively disagree with that. I'll look into Persona 4 tho.

But FF6 is just full of win. It takes awhile for it to open up completely (don't drop the game until the Esper system comes fully into play) but when it does you'll realize how great it is. It's set the bar for pretty much all Final Fantasy games afterwards in nearly every aspect.

Chrono Trigger is not as deep of an experience but it's immersive and took RPGs to a new level as far as the adventure aspect is concerned, and is one of the most innovative games of it's time.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Stop what your doing and play Final Fantasy 6. You can play it damn near anywhere so you have no excuse.

It's the pound-for-pound best game in the series and tied with Chrono Trigger for best RPG of all time. Which you also need to play if you haven't.
FF6 has random encounters doesn't it? :scusthov:

And Earthbound >>> Chrono Trigger :birdman:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played Persona 3 only. The series isn't too traditional of a RPG series so I couldn't objectively disagree with that. I'll look into Persona 4 tho.

But FF6 is just full of win. It takes awhile for it to open up completely (don't drop the game until the Esper system comes fully into play) but when it does you'll realize how great it is. It's set the bar for pretty much all Final Fantasy games afterwards in nearly every aspect.

Chrono Trigger is not as deep of an experience but it's immersive and took RPGs to a new level as far as the adventure aspect is concerned, and is one of the most innovative games of it's time.
:what:

:what:

Persona 4 is so good :noah:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Earthbound's up there but it's outdated mechanics and leveling system doesn't give you the creativity of a Chrono Trigger or FF6. Not to mention that both CT and FF6 have characters that are so diverse and :ohlawd: that you have a true investment in every single one of them. FF6 barely even had a definitive hero, that story is just :whew:.

CT time travel :noah:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:whoa: I'm looking into it. Also as more of an "old-school" (game-wise, not myself, I'm pretty young) JRPG player Persona felt like it was way out of left field, so it was odd to me.
I loved the way Persona was. It was different and it worked imo. Other RPG games could learn a thing or two about implementing "soul" into their games.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I ain't ever told no lie, cuzzo. When's the last time u played both of them, if u don't mind me asking.

Anyways, I bit and copped Divinity Original Sin. Heard too many good things then Van Ord at GS gave it a 9 and i usually fukk with whatever he recommends...So fukk it. It looks incredible. Sounds incredible. Just 27.99 @ cdkeyshere too. Good GOD, I love that fukking site. I remember I got Arkham Origins there day 1 for like 17 bucks. Like a few days after I finished building my PC.

Never. Going. Back. :takedat:

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps

Best rpg of all time? Reaching

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I ain't ever told no lie, cuzzo. When's the last time u played both of them, if u don't mind me asking.

It's been years. I see them as more or less equal experiences but like I said I prefer CT's characters so I think it has an edge.

edit: also I only finished the very first Earthbound and only got midway through the sequels so those could potentially be better

Best rpg of all time? Reaching

Not really. Consensus top 5 JRPGs and the only arguments for anything else are WRPGs that are more or less niche. The only other games that really compete IMO are FF7, Skyrim/Fallout and probably something else that I'm forgetting.

edit: Dragon Quest VIII is also in that discussion