Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I put my son up through school like that and dude came back with a fukking 0.2 gpa.
We'd have to squab, like for real, I'm putting hands on breh.

I work 40 to 60 hours a week and maintain good to just passing grades while going to school.
So that "It's too hard !! :sadcam: " shyt wouldn't work for me :yeshrug:

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I’m appalled by the amount of people taking up for this kid. One thing to fail but .2 means he didn’t even fukking try. As a father myself I could only imagine the pain of what he’s going through right now.
Post Secondary Education isn't about figuring out what you want. You have to know and be prepared to succeed.

You wouldn't throw your child in the pool without teaching them to swim right?

Kids fail like this because the parents aren't testing to see where their child stands. Asian/Indians kids do extremely well because their parents are always gauging where they are at and how to improve.

BornReady

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Eritrea to Phoenix
Dude got caught up with his new found freedom and started bullshytting. 0.2 GPA essentially means he rarely showed up to class and didn't turn in his work. I have seen this many times throughout college. Dudes focus on getting p*ssy, smoking weed, and drinking. Most of them flunk out, while a few get it together early on. He should've withdrew from his courses, it's going to be tough for him fix those F's.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Post Secondary Education isn't about figuring out what you want. You have to know and be prepared to succeed.

You wouldn't throw your child in the pool without teaching them to swim right?

Kids fail like this because the parents aren't testing to see where their child stands. Asian/Indians kids do extremely well because their parents are always gauging where they are at and how to improve.
Nah playa,

He didn’t even try. This shot right here will put a serious strain on him and his pops relationship.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
really depends on the university and the program. Not all universities are equal.

Pursuing a bullshyt degree like art, business administration, English, or social work, etc. is a cakewalk at most schools and is the choice for people that want a BS without majoring in something worthwhile and challenging.

The more pressure financially you put students in, the less risk they take. As in, would they fail STEM courses over and over again, and gain nothing, or would they take something easier (or more of their own interests) and leave with a BA? :ld: at least, with a BA, they can have some leverage. If they flunked outta college cause they were forced to take a STEM major that would leave them mentally exhausted for the rest of their natural life, for a slightly bigger paycheck, many dont think that it would be worth it. Thats humanity for ya.

Putting a price tag and putting students with lifelong crippling debt isnt the answer. That is why free public education of the higher level is necessary.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
College gets hard when you work while in school, have extra activities and
You can tell how low ambition some of these bums have :russ:

It's 2018 yes there are hard college classes but almost everything you have to research is on the Internet this is not the 1800 where you actually have to be smart if you are a college student. College today is nothing but knowing how to search on Google and watch YouTube videos

Yep I'm literally :scust: at anybody in HS and college these days failing classes

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
I'm fukking angry. This kid doesn't know what he has. My parents didn't help pay for college, and basically told me they didn't believe i was smart enough to go. I had zero support. I could sort of see not caring about school in high school. I was the same way. I did horribly the first three years of high school, but by senior year, I cleaned up my act. Of course, by then it was too late to go to anything but a community college, but when I went, I decided that I was going to do well. I ran into problems here and there, but I made it happen. This kid needs to figure shyt out. Do you really want to be stuck at walmart or magic mountain? Do better.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
He obviously didn't take it serious and went there to play around. At this point, his father should consider alternative options like trade school or something.

College is not for everyone and he is wasting a lot of money on top of that. Either he turns shyt around or his pops should just pull the plug on this college shyt period.

With that said I wish I would come home with .02 gpa my first semester :russ:

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
My pop paid for my first year. He wanted to know my status that whole year.

I ain’t gonna say college is easy, because it’s not. I got an engineering degree, graduated with a 2.8 gpa, and that shyt was tough. With an 0.2 gpa, though, that means you ain’t try. nikka wasn’t turning in no work or going to class. He did a disservice to his hardworking father. My daddy would’ve beat my ass, and I’d expect him to.

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
kill this weak excuse :mjlol:

no parent needs to "test" or "teach" their kids the basic common sense of why you need to ATTEND class. Had this nikka just even attended class, he would've got at least 1.0. 0.2 means he did not try.

And asian kids do well becaues they have no choice. Their parents whoop their asses and will literally disown them for anything less than excellence.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
I'm fukking angry. This kid doesn't know what he has. My parents didn't help pay for college, and basically told me they didn't believe i was smart enough to go. I had zero support. I could sort of see not caring about school in high school. I was the same way. I did horribly the first three years of high school, but by senior year, I cleaned up my act. Of course, by then it was too late to go to anything but a community college, but when I went, I decided that I was going to do well. I ran into problems here and there, but I made it happen. This kid needs to figure shyt out. Do you really want to be stuck at walmart or magic mountain? Do better.
Talk to em!!!!!

Lesfilles

Pro
Daps
The dad is suspect to me.
After sacrificing all of that time, work and money...he didn't check in on his son? You're an adult in college but parents are still involved enough to know if you're headed towards 0.2 GPA.
Yelling at his son in public? :francis:

So we're just going to pretend like kids don't lie....

College isn't HS. There isn't that stupid online grade monitoring software. The only way your parents will know is if you still have your home address on file and they send the 'academic probation' letter home and they open it.

Otherwise your parents call, you really gonna admit you're failing everything? Also, college is weird in that, until that first exam or mid-term exam comes back, you really don't know 'where' you stand. Maybe his parents didn't call during end of semester exams as to not stress him out. If he had previously lied that he was doing well, they'd have no reason to suspect anything.

Last edited: