Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
not everybody meant for college.

pops playing himself

if ya boy ain't trying to go to college, put him in a trade or let him work for awhile then maybe he'll consider his options in the long haul.

people gotta learn that your kids is not your mirror image, that you're essentially raising another human being with their own obligations/motives and aspirations.

Nah fam. Nah. 0.2 GPA got nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with not going to a single class, not trying, and simply living on campus having fun. I know people who flunked out of college. They loved college. They were glad to be on campus. They liked going to student events. They loved the cafeteria. But when everyone else was studying, they were playing video games. When everyone else was in class, they were sleep. When everyone else was struggling with midterms and going thru that comforting feeling knowing most of campus was going thru the same thing...they were lounging in the cafeteria.

College is a lifestyle change. Most kids want to go. But that taste of freedom is too much for a lot of kids. My first semester at college...there was a teacher strike so classes were cancelled for the first week, turning the semester into 14 weeks instead of 15. That first week I walked around campus, watched a lot of tv, slept in every day, talked to chicks, etc. By the time the semester started a week later I was still in that "chill mode" and wasn't studying. Failed all my first tests. After that I realized ok I gotta actually do the work and get into a serious mindset. Still had fun...but I studied. Went well after that.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
his dad mentioned this was the second time or something of that nature that this had happened

at that point his pops should’ve had this convo with his son about whether or not he wants to continue schooling.

I don’t know anything else about the kid in question or his past academic performance

I just know I can’t see myself giving someone shyt about going to college when I myself never cared to go or never took school seriously

Nah fam. Nah. 0.2 GPA got nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with not going to a single class, not trying, and simply living on campus having fun. I know people who flunked out of college. They loved college. They were glad to be on campus. They liked going to student events. They loved the cafeteria. But when everyone else was studying, they were playing video games. When everyone else was in class, they were sleep. When everyone else was struggling with midterms and going thru that comforting feeling knowing most of campus was going thru the same thing...they were lounging in the cafeteria.

College is a lifestyle change. Most kids want to go. But that taste of freedom is too much for a lot of kids. My first semester at college...there was a teacher strike so classes were cancelled for the first week, turning the semester into 14 weeks instead of 15. That first week I walked around campus, watched a lot of tv, slept in every day, talked to chicks, etc. By the time the semester started a week later I was still in that "chill mode" and wasn't studying. Failed all my first tests. After that I realized ok I gotta actually do the work and get into a serious mindset. Still had fun...but I studied. Went well after that.

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't respect college until I was 27.
This.
22 for me though. Took me getting put on academic probation and my dad getting on my ass for me to finally get my shyt together. :russ:
I was not mentally prepared for college coming out of high school. I BS’d high school and thought I could do the same for college. I got a reality check and had to change up my entire mentality. :snoop:

Now I’m graduating next semester. :blessed:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
This isn't about dude being a dumbass in school. It's about him being a fukkup in life. Just manifested itself in school. nikka being too lazy to learn how to drive so his pops can buy him a car should tell you everything you should know.

Some people are born just to take up space. This dude is one of them.

Basically.

Wouldn't matter if he went to the military, trade school, community college, dude would fukk those opportunities up too.

He prolly couldn't pull a lick either, he the type of dude you couldn't even trust to be a look out. Just a sorry ass nikka all around.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Btw, I couldn't wait to get a car. You kind of need one. I couldn't afford driving school, so I would ask my parents to let me drive their car for training. I was under-prepared for the driving portion of the test, so I ended up failing the first 2 times. 3rd time was a charm. I had to save up my own money to buy a car, and the first few cars i bought spent more time in the shop than in my hands. I'm willing to bet the kid in the op has some sort of undiagnosed mental illness.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
One trick I used to perfection in college was dropping and withdrawing classes I was having trouble with. If you know you're not doing well in a class by the half way mark, you can withdraw. Then again, if that's every class, a bunch of w's (not the good kind) on your record is going to damage your financial aid eligibility in the future.

Note: Some institutions count a withdrawal against your gpa. Most community colleges don't.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
It could be a couple of things:

- Some kids realize their intelligence is relative when they go to college. They may have been the smartest kid in the school, but compared to others, they're not the genius they thought they were. That can be defeating.

I missed this post. This happened to me when I went to uni. I grew up on the South Side of Chicago. I was always the "bright one", clear through high school. Hitting my first semester and realizing that I wasn't in ANY way special at all (intellectually speaking) hurt like hell. Even though I didn't/wouldnt admit it to myself outright, I still internalized it. It definitely hurt. It's taken this long to even be willing to admit that shyt. I'm definitely going to have to have a talk with my children as they grow up to protect them from that.

Daps
I missed this post. This happened to me when I went to uni. I grew up on the South Side of Chicago. I was always the "bright one", clear through high school. Hitting my first semester and realizing that I wasn't in ANY way special at all (intellectually speaking) hurt like hell. Even though I didn't/wouldnt admit it to myself outright, I still internalized it. It definitely hurt. It's taken this long to even be willing to admit that shyt. I'm definitely going to have to have a talk with my children as they grow up to protect them from that.
It was the reverse for me.:mjlol: I would barely study and do well on the tests. Barely studied for classes like organic chemistry and had a perfect average for that class both semesters. I assumed I wasn't that smart and still do because I would rather continue getting smarter rather than assuming I'm the smartest person in the room. However, I also learned to stop selling myself short pretty fast.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
One trick I used to perfection in college was dropping and withdrawing classes I was having trouble with. If you know you're not doing well in a class by the half way mark, you can withdraw. Then again, if that's every class, a bunch of w's (not the good kind) on your record is going to damage your financial aid eligibility in the future.

Note: Some institutions count a withdrawal against your gpa. Most community colleges don't.
Shiieet, I remember I was in a calc 2 class and after taking the first test got a 24. I grabbed that test from the teacher, and walked my ass straight to the registrar office to withdraw from that class. I withdrew from classes quite a bit early on in my college career.

It hurt me in the end. I was taking 18 credit hours every semester my final 2 years, while folks was taking 12/13 they final semester. I got up out that bytch though

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

This was me, as well. All throughout high school nothing but A’s. Never had to really study or anything. It was a different story in college.

One thing I will most definitely be teaching my children early on is how to study. I got to college and my study habits were shyt. I never had to study for anything in my life, and now I’m having to. First semester folks in the library studying and I’m struggling sitting in there 30 mins trying to focus lol

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
My cousin did this pretty much. My aunt and uncle were paying out of pocket for him to go to school. Come to find out a YEAR later dude had like 10 credits and a 1.xx gpa. They gave him a few semesters to get it together, he failed.

So now he’s not gettting anything. Dude is not smart. Unlike some of the other examples he’s lazy AND simple. Now he has a menial job (not a trade which he was given the option to do as well) and he’s married to an alcoholic. I just don’t understand.

If you guys were chinese or African, your aunt and uncle would of been on top of his grades and even had his password for his school account to see his progress for themselves. They would him got him a tutor or educational aid where appropriate and corrected problem and your cousin would of been able to scrape by and graduate.

tater

Superstar
Daps
If you guys were chinese or African, your aunt and uncle would of been on top of his grades and even had his password for his school account to see his progress for themselves. They would him got him a tutor or educational aid where appropriate and corrected problem and your cousin would of been able to scrape by and graduate.

He’s a grown man. Nobody’s about to babysit. I feel he needed help he could have asked.

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I would make my son commit that for dishonoring the family

154154-157903.jpg

Ironically enough, with some immigrant parents an non-western parents, they wouldnt even kill you or fukk you up for the failing/dropping out aspect but making the family look bad in front of the other family aspect:lolbron::mjlol:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
He’s a grown man. Nobody’s about to babysit. I feel he needed help he could have asked.

some parents babysit they're kids until they're like 27, bank accounts and all; Ensuring and Guaranteeing success and especially to avoid shiet like this. your aunt and cousin failed just as much as he did. same thing with the dad and son in the vid.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
This was me, as well. All throughout high school nothing but A’s. Never had to really study or anything. It was a different story in college.

One thing I will most definitely be teaching my children early on is how to study. I got to college and my study habits were shyt. I never had to study for anything in my life, and now I’m having to. First semester folks in the library studying and I’m struggling sitting in there 30 mins trying to focus lol

Theres a phrase in the OU gym and it says "Hard Work beats talent"

Wish that was taught to me when I was younger