Yikes! Father works two jobs so his son can go to college and his son fails with a 0.2 GPA.

Jhoon

Spontaneous Mishaps and Hijinks
Daps
:snoop:

Im experiencing this shyt right now

My son is now in the 8th grade just got accepted to this S.T.E.M.program.

Which required me to buy him a 140$ scientific graphing calculator and a new Mac book

Yet his progress report came out with a note from the teacher saying he is in danger of failing the class with a 52 point grade average if he doesn't improve....

God I want to put hands on this boy
:beli:
Call sylvan learning center, or the othe programs in the area.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
not everybody meant for college.

pops playing himself

if ya boy ain't trying to go to college, put him in a trade or let him work for awhile then maybe he'll consider his options in the long haul.

people gotta learn that your kids is not your mirror image, that you're essentially raising another human being with their own obligations/motives and aspirations.
Has nothing to do with being "meant for college," the son didn't go to class or even make an attempt to complete every assignment.
You think he would all of a sudden become hardworking in trade school, or be competent on the job?
Kid sounds lazy and irresponsible.
I've never met anyone who legitimately failed every class that actually attended class.

Not the kids fault (well his fault for failing). Gotta see your kid for what they are imo. :hubie:

If your child can't handle school or doesn't have the drive, why waste time and money. Send him out to work.
Assuming he'd be solid in the work sphere is a bit too optimistic.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Regular work week: 40 hours/ week ---> some modicum of effort to not get fired
Trade school: 15-20 hours or class/week + simulations/hands on work ----> some modicum of effort to learn and not get removed
College: 20-25 hours of class/ week + homework ----> some modicum of effort to not get kicked out
Military: 40-50 hours/week + some academic training ----> some modicum of effort to not get discharged

Being an adult requires effort and some work, the son was screwed regardless of the path he took.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
If it's not school it'll be something else. There's an commitment issue or lack of perseverance problem the young breh has he'll probably NOT show UP work and would catch a dishonorable discharge if he went to the Service. Just not emotionally mature at this stage. Bet didn't do chores well. His dad failed him somewhere. Shame. He need to mature fast

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Man u could feel tha anger n disappointment in breh's voice

Tbr college is a huge ripoff and i have a Bachelor's.

Majority of ppl who graduate dont even get jobs in their major.

I know so many ppl with art school or liberal arts type degrees with basic 30-40k jobs but with 50-100k of student loan debt. Shyt is wild to me. Mfkrs with creative writing degrees with 200 dollar a month payments...couldnt be me:patrice:

Ppl should go to CC for a year unless you have a legit plan for a specific career.
Also everyone aint an intellectual....take yo ass to trade school. Too bad parents n society have tunnel vision about college
I been saying trade school is the way

College IS a ripoff to me but if you got a full ride you need to take your ass to college asap.

College to me should be for doctors, lawyers, teachers/professors, enginners (basically anyone in STEM). Everything else should be done by trade and if you’re going for art go to an actual Art school. I wanted to go for art as well (audio engineering actually). But for now I’m sticking with IT

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
College IS NOT hard....

Especially if you not working

The bar is really low for alot of colleges and you really see just how slow and unfocused some nikkas really are

This is a silly comment. EVERYONE is different. You can't say, because "I did well in college, _______ should do well too." It doesn't work that way.

Having said that, as it's been stated many times in this thread, 0.2 just illustrates you aren't even trying. If he is college material, he'll regret it, because there are many kids out there that have no support who would love to focus solely on school.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
This is a silly comment. EVERYONE is different. You can't say, because "I did well in college, _______ should do well too." It doesn't work that way.

Having said that, as it's been stated many times in this thread, 0.2 just illustrates you aren't even trying. If he is college material, he'll regret it, because there are many kids out there that have no support who would love to focus solely on school.

Like said...undergrad if you dont have a job is not hard...but keep making excuses for nikkas that buy Jordans with net check and play madden all day instead of prioritizing

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like said...undergrad if you dont have a job is not hard...but keep making excuses for nikkas that buy Jordans with net check and play madden all day instead of prioritizing

Again, you are taking your experience, and passing it off as if it isn't hard for anyone else. It doesn't work that way.

Daps

really depends on the university and the program. Not all universities are equal.

Pursuing a bullshyt degree like art, business administration, English, or social work, etc. is a cakewalk at most schools and is the choice for people that want a BS without majoring in something worthwhile and challenging.