Yelawolf likes the confederate flag, deletes IG posts

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Southern Pride about what? Those ignants dont even know wtf the flag they love really represents. :manny:

:heh: I just told you what it represents. It represents the CSA. It does not represent slavery. You associate it with one thing, a white dude from the south whose family may or may not have owned slaves associates it with another thing.

The war was fought because the south seceded from the union, not because the south practiced slavery.

Yes slavery was part of the tension, but there was much more going on than just slavery that led to secession.

The flag is a symbol of rebellion and southern heritage to a lot of people, the former of which is seen as an admirable trait.

There all kinds of evils beyond slavery that were committed by those who flew the flag we honor today, but we still like to see the good things it represents over the bad.

Southerners who identify with their flag see it the same way.

CDoty

i aint sh!t
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
i didn't know this many people cared about what a man does or likes, interesting

aRoMaN21

over 14 years in the shade...
Daps
:heh: I just told you what it represents. It represents the CSA. It does not represent slavery. You associate it with one thing, a white dude from the south whose family may or may not have owned slaves associates it with another thing.

The war was fought because the south seceded from the union, not because the south practiced slavery.

Yes slavery was part of the tension, but there was much more going on than just slavery that led to succession.

The flag is a symbol of rebellion and southern heritage to a lot of people, the former of which is seen as an admirable trait.

There all kinds of evils beyond slavery that were committed by those who flew the flag we honor today, but we still like to see the good things it represents over the bad.

Southerners who identify with their flag see it the same way.

You really can try to argue your point of view on a piece of CLOTH that was created to symbolize something.... but in the end you will always be wrong.
There are 2 flags that they used. The national one and the battle one.
both had stars to represent the slave states that wanted to be their own government and their own egypt. with their own slaves. and their leader was JEFFERSON RACIST DAVIS.
but one flag had a BIG X on it... and that was to show who the fukk was coming to x out the problem...

please read books about a piece of CLOTH... not about the IDEALOGY..

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You really can try to argue your point of view on a piece of CLOTH that was created to symbolize something.... but in the end you will always be wrong.
both had stars to represent the slave states that wanted to be their own government and their own egypt. with their own slaves. and their leader was JEFFERSON RACIST DAVIS.
but one flag had a BIG X on it... and that was to show who the fukk was coming to x out the problem...

:heh: the flag with St. George's cross? That was a testament to the christian heritage of many southerners AND it represented how they wanted to separate from the union and there were more than just two flags.

And no, noone is wrong when it comes to interpreting symbols. A symbol represents an abstract concept; a concept, you, me, or anyone else is capable of creating within their own head and they're free to interpret it however they choose.

I don't agree with the mindset of many southerners at all considering many were/are racist and would likely despise me, but no one has any right to tell someone else how to interpret something that has a multitude of meanings.

StaxMalone

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Duval via Queens
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._K._Edgerton

search

fukk Yelawolf tho

aRoMaN21

Daps
:heh: the flag with St. George's cross? That was a testament to the christian heritage of many southerners AND it represented how they wanted to separate from the union and there were more than just two flags.

And no, noone is wrong when it comes to interpreting symbols. A symbol represents an abstract concept; a concept, you, me, or anyone else is capable of creating within their own head and they're free to interpret it however they choose.

I don't agree with the mindset of many southerners at all considering many were/are racist and would likely despise me, but no one has any right to tell someone else how to interpret something that has a multitude of meanings.

:snoop:

I cant believe you are defending a man and idealogy.. Davis was so pompous and foul he had himself brought to his inauguration in a gold carriage and 6 white horses :usure:
not only that but he was on the side of the south and wanting slaves. He came up with a flag that represented the whoooooole idea of his ideals.
The national flag had "star and bars" stars to show those slave states. bars to show the entitlement.
when that didnt work in BATTLE... they changed it.
the put an x on "a red bloody field" and put the 13 stars to represent the slave states that are fighting for their rights.

how can you defend a flag that means so much fukkery??
its not like its a plain white flag thats says IM A CONFEDERATE.
it has a meaning and Davis and a general came up with it to SHOW WTF THEY WERE ABOUT>

why are you taking american history and making it a religious soap opera that happened in the minds of southerners and can be interpreted as such?

:dead:

H.I.M.

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

The United States flag is every bit the representation of slavery, racism, genocide & violent imperialism as the confederate flag is to slavery & racism. I'm sure you and all these other faux militants & couch potato activists would be equally outraged if he was sporting an American flag instead of a confederate one? OF COURSE NOT! Because that's not the way the media has conditioned you to think.

Scolding somebody for waving the confederate flag, but not those who wave the American flag is about as about as blatantly hypocritical as it gets. Far more atrocities were committed both within the borders of the U.S. as well as outside, under the auspices of the U.S. flag than the confederate one.

BTW, Lincoln was every bit as racist as Jefferson Davis. The civil war had very little to do with freeing slaves. That was just part of the sales pitch to garner support for the war. Kinda like the way the Iraq & Afghanistan invasions were pitched as liberating an oppressed people. I bet you bought that line of garbage too? :heh:

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I cant believe you are defending a man and idealogy.. Davis was so pompous and foul he had himself brought to his inauguration in a gold carriage and 6 white horses :usure:
not only that but he was on the side of the south and wanting slaves. He came up with a flag that represented the whoooooole idea of his ideals.
The national flag had "star and bars" stars to show those slave states. bars to show the entitlement.
when that didnt work in BATTLE... they changed it.
the put an x on "a red bloody field" and put the 13 stars to represent the slave states that are fighting for their rights.

how can you defend a flag that means so much fukkery??
its not like its a plain white flag thats says IM A CONFEDERATE.
it has a meaning and Davis and a general came up with it to SHOW WTF THEY WERE ABOUT>

why are you taking american history and making it a religious soap opera that happened in the minds of southerners and can be interpreted as such?

:dead:

:dwillhuh: are you trolling or are you just really bad at reading? Jefferson davis didn't even make the fukking flag :heh: and why you're bringing him up as if he's the southern hivemind is beyond me.

I'm neither condemning nor co-signing their ideology, I was just trying to point out how the other dude you were fukking with wasn't all that wrong.

Try reading my previous posts. The post I made analogizing how we view our flag and many southerners view the CSA flag is the crux of what I'm trying to get across. (don't ask me how)

aRoMaN21

Daps
The United States flag is every bit the representation of slavery, racism, genocide & violent imperialism as the confederate flag is to slavery & racism. I'm sure you and all these other faux militants & couch potato activists would be equally outraged if he was sporting an American flag instead of a confederate one? OF COURSE NOT! Because that's not the way the media has conditioned you to think.

Scolding somebody for waving the confederate flag, but not those who wave the American flag is about as about as blatantly hypocritical as it gets. Far more atrocities were committed both within the borders of the U.S. as well as outside, under the auspices of the U.S. flag than the confederate one.

BTW, Lincoln was every bit as racist as Jefferson Davis. The civil war had very little to do with freeing slaves. That was just part of the sales pitch to garner support for the war. Kinda like the way the Iraq & Afghanistan invasions were pitches as liberating an oppressed people. I bet you bought that line of garbage too? :heh:

And when there is a thread about what YOU POSTED ABOVE we can debate.

but tonight its about THE CONFEDERATE FLAG and im surprised people defend it so much

smh

aRoMaN21

Daps
:dwillhuh: are you trolling or are you just really bad at reading? Jefferson davis didn't even make the fukking flag :heh: and why you're bringing him up as if he's the southern hivemind is beyond me.

I'm neither condemning nor co-signing their ideology, I was just trying to point out how the other dude you were fukking with wasn't all that wrong.

Try reading my previous posts. The post I made analogizing how we view our flag and many southerners view the CSA flag is the crux of what I'm trying to get across. (don't ask me how)

DAVIS HAD THE ORIGINAL FLAG MADE FOR HIS INAUGURATION
then him and a general made the famous flag that has an x on it and 13 stars

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So a german child should wear a nazi flag and play stupid to what it means?? :heh:

It was a symbol of the Nazi party. Isn't it incredible how when you win the war and get to write history a symbol's original meaning gets twisted a thousand times?

aRoMaN21

Daps
I have no strength tonight to debate with naive blind fools

peace