"Yeah, at $700 the PS5 Pro is expensive for a console, but I spent more than double that on my GPU alone"-PC Gamer

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

Steam Stans finally making some sense. The time consuming aspect of building the PC and setting it all up is not taken into consideration.

Gonna have to agree with this.

I built my own PC on a budget and still spent ~$1200. The only reason I didn't spend more is because I had to skimp and save every chance I got (some used parts, waiting MONTHS for sale prices, finding parts by chance at a local Amazon return bin store).

EDIT: That being said, there's no greater joy in assembling your own computer from the ground up and turning it on that first time. :ahh:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He knew to add that "at the moment"

:mjlol:
It's been 4 years since the PS5 been out, and 11 years since the PS4 and still to this day there's no day 1 exclusives dropping on PC(cept some live service games) and even still there's still some missing. I still don't have the Uncharted series on PC, Demon's Souls, Bloodborne, Killzone, Infamous etc. Rebirth is probably next year as it's a SE title. I'm not waiting 1+ year to play a brand new FF game silly.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Anyone saying it is a time consuming process to put together a PC is an idiot. At most if you are fukking up at every step it would take a few hours. Plus once you are done and get it working, you do not have to do it anymore. People love making simple shyt sound complicated.
Unless you're building PCs for a living, this is big cap. First timers will catch Holy Hell building a PC. Might even run into some issues later on doing things like replacing parts or changing cases. You sound like everybody that puts PCs together be doing it like the pros on YT, and that is not the case. A process that last hours is time consuming.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Go get yourself this 700 dollar beauty 😍

I made a cardboard computer : r/crafts

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Anyone saying it is a time consuming process to put together a PC is an idiot. At most if you are fukking up at every step it would take a few hours. Plus once you are done and get it working, you do not have to do it anymore. People love making simple shyt sound complicated.
Yup

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
The lengths y'all are going to justify a $700 console is wild. It's no different than when Xbox dudes act like anyone wants to play their game pass games lol.

There's no way a gaming machine that you have to pay for online and is limited in upgradability is ever worth more than $500.

Paying all that extra money for a couple extra frames and FSR is wild even for a console enthusiast.

All in all the worst part about this is the PS6 may end up costing the same or more than this and yall will justify it for stan culture.

drifter

Superstar
Daps
The lengths y'all are going to justify a $700 console is wild. It's no different than when Xbox dudes act like anyone wants to play their game pass games lol.

There's no way a gaming machine that you have to pay for online and is limited in upgradability is ever worth more than $500.

Paying all that extra money for a couple extra frames and FSR is wild even for a console enthusiast.

All in all the worst part about this is the PS6 may end up costing the same or more than this and yall will justify it for stan culture.
Hate to make the comparison bc overpaying here doesn't mean you should everywhere but base model iphone 16s cost $900 lol. Non folding phones shouldn't cost 1k but they do and the market accepts it

Something's only worth what the market decides. We'll see how well it sells but it sounds like for what you're getting the price isn't that outrageous

If they raised the price of the base model out the blue then okay but they didn't, this one doesn't even have to exist if you don't want it to, just buy the base one. But if people want the option it's there

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

I agree about the price. The ps5 pro costs $1000 🇺🇸 with a disk drive where I life

But the nerve of PC players who spend $700+ on a card lecturing me about the price of a console is laughable.

Buying SteamDecks and Rog Allys for 700 dollars to play God of War at 30fps for 2-4 hours.

It's the hypocrisy of everybody that's irking me

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
What’s all this bytching over an optional purchase over? No one is building a comparable PC for $700 that the PS5 Pro can do. That’s just a fact. And I challenge anyone to go parts hunting, build several rigs in the $700 range, do some benchmarks, and post the video. The algorithm is hungry for it and the search terms are out there. It’ll do numbers.