"Yeah, at $700 the PS5 Pro is expensive for a console, but I spent more than double that on my GPU alone"-PC Gamer

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again, it does not take days to put together a PC. It should take a few hours AT MOST including the OS install/drivers. I have been putting together PCs for 15+ years, it is not some engineering feat that takes massive labor or time.

Plus after you put it together, you are done. You are not going to disassemble/reassemble the PC every month. At most you will be upgrading single parts at a time which depending on where it is will take a certain amount of minutes.

Yes, this is true, not days but certainly not 30 minutes for the average person as there's far too many variables involved.

I've been building PCs since 2004, so I know how these things go on average. It's the same thing I see people say for why they buy food outside instead of just cooking. I've been putting off fixing my airflow on my PC as my idle temps are quite high but that can be due to the ambient temperature in my room.

Technically it's not time consuming to whip up a simple spaghetti but for someone they not trying to do all that and just want to get some quick food from the store lol.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
I have seen people that never put a PC together do it in around 30 minutes. Said it is too hard and too complicated but once it was done said it was easy as shyt. If you have full use of your hands and can read or watch a instructional video, you can put together a PC in a short amount of time.
These Coli dudes are legit retarded so they won't even bother.

The only real problem with building a PC has always been the price of components.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Again, it does not take days to put together a PC. It should take a few hours AT MOST including the OS install/drivers. I have been putting together PCs for 15+ years, it is not some engineering feat that takes massive labor or time.

Plus after you put it together, you are done. You are not going to disassemble/reassemble the PC every month. At most you will be upgrading single parts at a time which depending on where it is will take a certain amount of minutes.

No matter how easy it is to put together a PC. It's easier to plug in a console, let it update and run from there.

:yeshrug:

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
I have seen people that never put a PC together do it in around 30 minutes. Said it is too hard and too complicated but once it was done said it was easy as shyt. If you have full use of your hands and can read or watch an instructional video, you can put together a PC in a short amount of time.
Ain’t no way building a pc shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes, that shyt looks easy watching YouTube videos

Maybe the wiring part may be tedious or using plastic tubes for the cooling system so you have to do extra steps to get it right but other than that shyt looks easy

Like I could probably put one together right now with no video instruction

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I bet 50% of the people in the US would have issues putting together a fukking Ikea dresser.

"But it's like legos!"

Don't underestimate folks inability to follow instructions.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
No one wants to build/buy a pc. :camby:

All my homies on PS5... NONE of them have talked about building a pc instead

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ThQPHLh.png

Not too long ago I was sending my boy potential fixes for his MW3 crashing issue. It finally worked after something else random though lol.

He knows how to build PCs and is a handy man but he refers to me for more technical stuff.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Yes, this is true, not days but certainly not 30 minutes for the average person as there's far too many variables involved.

I've been building PCs since 2004, so I know how these things go on average. It's the same thing I see people say for why they buy food outside instead of just cooking. I've been putting off fixing my airflow on my PC as my idle temps are quite high but that can be due to the ambient temperature in my room.

Technically it's not time consuming to whip up a simple spaghetti but for someone they not trying to do all that and just want to get some quick food from the store lol.
We can not infantilize adults as if they can not learn something new. If you do not want to cook because you do not want to do it then fine, but do not say the reason you do not cook is because it is too hard for you to learn and it takes too long.

If you can read an instruction manual and watch videos on how to put together PC's, you can put together one. It might take more time your first time, but it gets easier as you continue to do it, like with most things.

rdj

Pro
Daps
Stay yall asses on console. Don’t let my pc brehs gaslight you into coming over. Ignorance is bliss :blessed:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
Ain’t no way building a pc shouldn’t take more than 30 minutes, that shyt looks easy watching YouTube videos

Maybe the wiring part may be tedious or using plastic tubes for the cooling system so you have to do extra steps to get it right but other than that shyt looks easy

Like I could probably put one together right now with no video instruction
For new people sometimes it can. I had to get on a call with someone that spent hours trying to figure out why their PC would not turn on, come to find out after running through a few basic checks he did not double check that his RAM was fully seated.

But still, if he had done that it would of been over and done within the first hour. Next time he will remember that and breeze through the next one.

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
No matter how easy it is to put together a PC. It's easier to plug in a console, let it update and run from there.

If you want to do that fine, i have no issue with that. People just can not say they do not build one because it is "too hard" or "time consuming".

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yep. Same within troubleshooting, if there even is any on console.
We can not infantilize adults as if they can not learn something new. If you do not want to cook because you do not want to do it then fine, but do not say the reason you do not cook is because it is too hard for you to learn and it takes too long.

If you can read an instruction manual and watch videos on how to put together PC's, you can put together one. It might take more time your first time, but it gets easier as you continue to do it, like with most things.
No one is infantilizing anyone. Most said was that no one wants to spend the time doing the shyt. Ain't got time for the shyt is the main argument. Not capability. PC owners just downplay putting together a PC is somehow as low time consumption as plugging in a console.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If you want to do that fine, i have no issue with that. People just can not say they do not build one because it is "too hard" or "time consuming".
have you looked around to see what's going on? People are opting for convenience, especially the younger gen, like it ain't shyt.