Yao Ming makes Shaq look small

dantheman9758

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, @dantheman9758 is saying Bill Russell is taller than he let on, they listed him at 6'9", but that was his measurement without shoes. In todays NBA Bill would be listed at his in shoes height which would probably be 6'11".

That picture he posted is a funky angle though -

cc909d5c6720833c46fc6c84e8840891.jpg

west_600_070218.jpg

Standing straight up Bill would look like Mehmet and Amare next to Yao.
This, but he was actually even taller than 6-9 without shoes. It is revealed he measured 6-9 and 5/8ths without shoes in a 1955 sports illustrated article where the interviewer stated Bill Russell hated being referred to as 6-10 cause he felt like "enough of a goon as it is". Alcindor/Kareem was similarly specific about his height in the 70's. People would refer to him as 7 foot 4 and he'd say he was 7-1 and 7/8ths without shoes.

Btw Ralph Sampson according to Mark Eaton (a guy who is 7-3 and 3/4 without shoes by self admission) is more like 7-1, as opposed to the NBA's 7-4 claim. Similarly, Hakeem is closer to 6-10 rather than the 7 foot that the Rockets once listed him at. All part of marketing, unless an NBA player opposes such marketing the NBA usually overbills its players just like wrestling. They call it "in shoes" height but that's really not accurate either, guys like Spencer Hawes are listed what, 7 foot 1? He measured 6-10 and a half. Kevin Love 6-7 and 3/4 without shoes lists 6-10. No way some of these players shoes are that thick.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
This, but he was actually even taller than 6-9 without shoes. It is revealed he measured 6-9 and 5/8ths without shoes in a 1955 sports illustrated article where the interviewer stated Bill Russell hated being referred to as 6-10 cause he felt like "enough of a goon as it is". Alcindor/Kareem was similarly specific about his height in the 70's. People would refer to him as 7 foot 4 and he'd say he was 7-1 and 7/8ths without shoes.

Btw Ralph Sampson according to Mark Eaton (a guy who is 7-3 and 3/4 without shoes by self admission) is more like 7-1, as opposed to the NBA's 7-4 claim. Similarly, Hakeem is closer to 6-10 rather than the 7 foot that the Rockets once listed him at. All part of marketing, unless an NBA player opposes such marketing the NBA usually overbills its players.

Dream's listed height is with shoes, in his book he states he's 6'10" without them.

Yao is just freakishly tall, and something seems to be going on with his skull, everytime you see him his head is getting bigger :whoa:

C L O N E*0690//////
Daps
Reppin
uptXwn***///***///
Pretty much.

Yao was a monster, tho I kinda saw the injury thing coming. People forget that as much as the NBA covets size, humans weren't really meant to be that big, and most people over 7' are actually rather brittle or live with disability.

Yeah extreme height is really only an asset on the basketball court:yeshrug:*

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:mjcry: I legit miss this nigguh. Yao and mutumbo manning the paint for houston was great times. I'd fly to Houston to see this nigguh play if a miracle happened and he could play again.

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
It's crazy that he's that tall but proportionate (vs.overgrown giant type) He's not fat. He's just more filled out than he used to be. Definitely not :flabbynsick: status.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Yao used to destroy Dwight, shyt was comical how bad Dwight looked playing against the Great Wall.
Amare too.

Man it weird. Ppl say injury robbed us of yaks career but I always felt like he played a long time. Or I watched him play a long career before I check his page and see he only had 7 good years. Seems like so much longer.

Low key, it's funny how Yao and tmac seem to get more rspect and praise. When they got out of the league cuz I vividly remember nigguh's disrespecting and underrating(Yao) the hell out of they were actively playing and competing.

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
speculate?? human nature i guess.. asking what if
No, not speculate, exaggerate. Why exaggerate and say that Yao could've been the GOAT center when even at his peak he did nothing better than any of the centers who are considered GOATs. He didn't have what it takes to surpass the greatest centers before him.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
No, not speculate, exaggerate. Why exaggerate and say that Yao could've been the GOAT center when even at his peak he did nothing better than any of the centers who are considered GOATs. He didn't have what it takes to surpass the greatest centers before him.
so if you put yao on the lakers instead of kobe, we wouldn't have been talking about him being one of the best.. they wouldn't have won shyt? if he would have played a 15 year career, even with the current stats, he wouldn't even be in the convo?? come on now... when we talk GOAT centers we name about 5-10 tops.. if that many... he'd be in there