Yao Ming makes Shaq look small

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?

:mjcry: I legit miss this nigguh. Yao and mutumbo manning the paint for houston was great times. I'd fly to Houston to see this nigguh play if a miracle happened and he could play again.

You would have won a title if he stayed healthy, think really all you needed was a garbage man type of PF next to him that could defend and that would have set you over the top.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You would have won a title if he stayed healthy, think really all you needed was a garbage man type of PF next to him that could defend and that would have set you over the top.
You know it's crazy and a lil off but I follow Rudy gay career closely. I understand the trade but the one thing the tmac Yao lacked was a true third scoring option. That's why. We were so successful once Artest was acquired and we had an insany positive record whenever bonzi wells played more than 20 minutes. I think we had like a .650 winning percentage whenever bonzi played over 20 minutes. It's crazy we went from strgging to find scoring options outside of Yao and tmac to having an abundance. Of scoring options in 09 with Brooks, Landry, Lowry, Scola and wafer. And that was in addition to our big three of tmac Yao and Artest. We didn't need that banger pf. Scola Landry and Hayes more than sufficed the of position. We were the deepest team in 09 and most talented IMO. If tmac and Yao would've stayed healthy or just one of the two I know we would've won the championship in 09 but tmac put his self and his future before the team and that was that. Ppl legitimately think we were lucky to take the lakers to the max that year. We were the only team to give the lakers a real challenge that year in the postseason. All the other teams they face they beat in 5 or 6 games.

FabTrey

Superstar
Daps
shaq-yao-hof.jpg

that's one tall mofo brehs

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Does Yao have gigantism or some kind of never stop growing disease? Gonna be 9 ft by the time he dies

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I was so hyped about Yao that even before the draft I bet my friend that Yao would win an MVP one day.

Had to pay that off when Yao retired, but I still think he would have had a chance somewhere around '07-'11 if it hadn't been for the injuries. He was already a 25 and 10 guy with brilliant pacing who could defend the best centers in the game (matched up well with Shaq and dominated Dwight) and he hadn't even peaked yet. :mjcry:

nikka Yao look like the dude from Rush Hour 3 :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

"IDK what the hell y'all been feeding that kid, but he is TOO damn big!!!"

:mjlol:

That's actually another Chinese basketball player, he was even taller than Yao but not nearly as well built or skilled.

mingming-kaka-yao.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Yao was 7-2 against Dwight over their careers

Yao 24 and 10 on 56% shooting with 2.1 blocks/game
Dwight 12 and 10 on 45% shooting with 1.7 blocks/game

Dwight just couldn't handle him. Rockets would have destroyed the Magic in the 2009 Finals if Yao doesn't get hurt. :wow:

23/9/2.5 on 55% or 19/11/1.5 at 47%
Which would you take breh? Prime Yao or Prime to Degrading Shaq?
That's disingenuous because those numbers include Yao's rookie year (when he wasn't ready yet) and Yao's post-injury years too when he was just as degraded as Shaq.

Just take out the 2 games they played in Yao's rookie year when he was raw and obviously outmatched:

Yao's averages jump to 21 and 11 on 50% shooting
Shaq's averages fall to 21 and 10 on 55% shooting

Yao from 03/04 (just his 2nd season) to the end was just as good as Shaq head-to-head, and don't forget that Shaq almost won MVP in '05 and was still 1st-team All-NBA in '06. Yao dumped 29 on Shaq in Feb 2004, 33 on him in March 2004, and 34 in Nov. 2006. Shaq never once put more than 28 on Yao's head after those two rookie year games.