Yall gon be surprised when...

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Resolutions and FPS have never really mattered to console gamers.

The only thing that matters is fun factor. PC guys are PC guys because they want/expect those numbers to be as high as possible.

The only reason these things are getting a lot of attention now is because without the games/systems in people's hands. Numbers/specs are the only thing to talk about.

By this time next year none of the stuff will matter. Just like last gen, at first people were looking at numbers and expecting certain criteria to be hit, but as the gen went on, nobody cared what resolution or fps a game was running at.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
I think that is not entirely true. It's built to handle today's quality of graphics at 1080p but that bar of desired quality increases over time. And as that happens, the GPU doesn't get more powerful - it remains static. So something has to give.

Sure, and the games got better looking with more post processing while still running in the same resolution :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In all honesty, I'm not saying any of this matters. The opposite really. You guys are all arguing over nothing. The only thing that matters is quality of games.
Adam Sessler??

It matters breh. If two exact games come out with one being better graphically on a cheaper system it matters. What if say mantle comes out and games that support it run much better on old video cards compared to more powerful nvidia cards? Would you say it doesn't matter?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
With the CPUs being so weak, if you want consistent 1080p 60fps performance play you should cop a PC next year instead of consoles.

when they get to a form factor (non laptop) that is more conducive to travelling then I'll definitely dive in harder.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think that is not entirely true. It's built to handle today's quality of graphics at 1080p but that bar of desired quality increases over time. And as that happens, the GPU doesn't get more powerful - it remains static. So something has to give.

yep. people always think they get more out of hardware over time. but a lot of it is just learning 'tricks' and techniques to make the graphics look better

Kodie

Pro
Daps
If two exact games come out with one being better graphically on a cheaper system it matters.
This is such a red herring. Most people this generation didn't follow this supposed tenet. They bought games based on a controller, or where their friends were playing. So few people actually bought the superior version of say Battlefield 3 for example.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If it didn't matter, why are you dudes upgrading to next gen? the absolute major selling point right now happens to be better graphics.
It only matters that there is a big jump in quality from last gen. The minor differences between platforms don't matter, and never have.

Adam Sessler??

It matters breh. If two exact games come out with one being better graphically on a cheaper system it matters. What if say mantle comes out and games that support it run much better on old video cards compared to more powerful nvidia cards? Would you say it doesn't matter?
The platforms are different enough that no two games will be exact regardless of graphical performace. COD ghosts says hi :cheers:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If it didn't matter, why are you dudes upgrading to next gen? the absolute major selling point right now happens to be better graphics.

Brand loyalty honestly. Same as people that go out and buy every Apply product. The launch for both consoles looks pretty dismal but I guarantee they still sell millions.

If superior graphics, 1080p and 60 FPS was that important these dudes would be on PC.

Fred.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Better graphics != better framerate/resolution.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
yep. people always think they get more out of hardware over time. but a lot of it is just learning 'tricks' and techniques to make the graphics look better
Precisely! I'm not mad at it but that's generally the way it is.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
when they get to a form factor (non laptop) that is more conducive to travelling then I'll definitely dive in harder.

they already have that in the X51s, i'm not a fan of them but they exist