Like I said. That dude should be dead already
iB186yQcqycsU.gif

3Pe9.gif

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
It's nice that Killzone multiplayer runs at 60fps. I'll give you that since I did say "occassional shooter". Not all shooters have 60fps and Killzone in particular has been guilty of not having a high framerate but having high input lag in the past. Maybe they've fixed that. Maybe we'll see a trend of giving framerate a priority to shooters thanks to COD's popularity. Either way, I give you this one.

I can't give you Knack. Do you have proof? I hear 30fps is the max and it had framerate problems.

AC4 and Diablo 3 are ported last gen games so I'm not giving you that either. They are no indication for what we'll see the rest of this generation.

I don't think rushed launch titles can be an indicator of what we'll see this generation either though fam.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
well, the only ps4 game sub 1080p so far is BF4. That's it. And this is at launch. :ahh:

So I'm definitely not diappointed old friend.

However....

Those "other" guys .... :lolbron:
You think it gets better after launch? It doesn't. Did native resolutions get better over time after launch of PS3/360 or worse?

Kodie

Pro
Daps
Some people in this thread clinging on to 1080p, some others clinging on to 60fps. Killzone MP is the only notable example of HALF of a video game I've heard that shares both qualities.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
With the CPUs being so weak, if you want consistent 1080p 60fps performance play you should cop a PC next year instead of consoles.

Kodie

Pro
Daps
That doesn't change the fact the PS4 is built to handle 1080p.
I think that is not entirely true. It's built to handle today's quality of graphics at 1080p but that bar of desired quality increases over time. And as that happens, the GPU doesn't get more powerful - it remains static. So something has to give.
Dunno about native resolutions, but the games got better. :yeshrug:
I'm not arguing that. People will stop talking about resolution in a few years when they realize it doesn't matter. People will continue to talk about framerate the way they did before we started getting previews of next gen games. That is to say they'll care about it only when it dips or when it's not appropriate for it's genre.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You think it gets better after launch? It doesn't. Did native resolutions get better over time after launch of PS3/360 or worse?
Uhh yea. Halo 4 runs at 720p compared to the subHD Halo 3 ran at. Plenty of games ran at native resolutions over time. Graphics got better too so it's not like games got worse graphically over time.