Yakuza 6: The Song of Life [PS4 Exclusive] 4/17/18 Release

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
I’m late but I just bought it. About time I got into this series.

Blackout

Daps
You starting with this one :dwillhuh:
Yes sadly. I almost got the one for ps3 back then and said nah.

I regret it now because after some Wiki research this is a good series.

Shame it’s so underrated that even dubbing is left out.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Yes sadly. I almost got the one for ps3 back then and said nah.

I regret it now because after some Wiki research this is a good series.

Shame it’s so underrated that even dubbing is left out.
Why didn't you get 0 or Kiwami? You know 3-5 are being remastered for PS4 and Kiwami 2 is coming in the fall?

They left dubbing out to make the series a foreign experience.

Blackout

Daps
Why didn't you get 0 or Kiwami? You know 3-5 are being remastered for PS4 and Kiwami 2 is coming in the fall?

They left dubbing out to make the series a foreign experience.
I didn’t know before I bought it.

They also probably left out dubbing because the lame elitists who prefer subbed has the game on lock and are their main audience.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
This game is freakin amazing.
I didn't buy it on release since I haven't finished Kiwami 1 but my wife got me this and Kiwami 2 for my birthday.
I played about 2 hours of this game and loved it.
I'm starting to feel like Metal Gear Solid is my favorite series and Yakuza is a close second now.
This game definitely isn't for everyone, but for those that like a game with a great story you should definitely check this series out.
You don't HAVE to play the previous ones to enjoy this game fully. It's cool to have experienced some of the back story to get a deeper dive into the character's motives but overall, you don't miss anything major that would take away from your enjoyment if you jump straight into this one.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn't buy it on release since I haven't finished Kiwami 1 but my wife got me this and Kiwami 2 for my birthday.
I'm starting to feel like Metal Gear Solid is my favorite series and Yakuza is a close second now.
This game definitely isn't for everyone, but for those that like a game with a great story you should definitely check this series out.
You don't HAVE to play the previous ones to enjoy this game fully. It's cool to have experienced some of the back story to get a deeper dive into the character's motives but overall, you don't miss anything major that would take away from your enjoyment if you jump straight into this one.
My fave "ps4" exclusive series. Its a gem.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps

To me Yakuza 6 is a more fulfilling experience if you play all of the games in sequential order. Technically you can play it without playing the past ones, but you really miss out on the connection to the cast of the series.

I've played through each game at it's launch time, it wasnt until I played 6 that I realized how fond I've grown of the series and it's characters.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
To me Yakuza 6 is a more fulfilling experience if you play all of the games in sequential order. Technically you can play it without playing the past ones, but you really miss out on the connection to the cast of the series.

I've played through each game at it's launch time, it wasnt until I played 6 that I realized how fond I've grown of the series and it's characters.
I think I understand fathers overprotectiveness with their daughters :dead:

When I found out Haruka had a child I was ready to make Kiryu finally kill someone :wow:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Hope I can get this for $25 on Black Friday, but even then I'm tempted to wait for the even lower drop :lupe:

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
I think I understand fathers overprotectiveness with their daughters :dead:

When I found out Haruka had a child I was ready to make Kiryu finally kill someone :wow:

Yep. As soon as I found out Haruka had a baby I was legit like :demonic: If I ever had a daughter, I pray that she becomes a kind person like Haruka. It's a shame she started thotting it up after Kiryu went to jail and wasn't there to protect her. :mjcry:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

Like I said, it definitely helps, but not playing doesn't take away from the experience either.
Each game has it's own arch that is enjoyable alone. The back story adds depth, but it's not the type of game you should automatically pass on if you haven't played the others.