Yakuza 6: The Song of Life [PS4 Exclusive] 4/17/18 Release

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
6 got some of the best tracks in the series :wow:

Kiryu's last game went out with a bang

Joongi Han was that dude, owning a depraved sex club in the heart of town :russ:. Had those old ladies doing whatever to them Kpop rejects in there then watching them beat each other down in the ring :dead:

Can't believe they shut the bar district and hotel district off in the map :dahell:. Only one bar where you can make friends :snoop: (I know this the first game they introduced that mechanic but still)

Shouts to Ono-michio-kun pride of Onomichi :obama:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Just started this up after beating Yakuza 5 last night. I first got into the series with Like a Dragon during the Series X launch, and now almost a year later I'm gonna finish the last game after starting from 0. It's been one helluva ride :wow:

The graphics are excellent and the Xbox version gets the FPS boost too, this shyt looking super clean :ehh:

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Just finished chapter 5 after spending all yesterday afternoon doing sub-stories and clan battles in Onomichi:skip:

old man Kiryu is one of my all time favorite protagonists, he don't be giving any fukks now :wow:

His voice actor put the drip into every single line too:lolbron:

fukk the final clan battles....its all I have left in the game that I wanted to do but I just couldn't win without switching up my clan lol

Daps
Just beat 6 fantastic ending :mjcry: great story

I thought 5’s conclusion was weak and left a lot to be desired even though it was a strong game in the series the pacing was off

haven’t beaten 0 or like a dragon though yet probably because I actually bought 0 when it was on sale before I got gamepass so I have all the time in the world when I need my Yakuza fix.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Just beat 6 fantastic ending :mjcry: great story

I thought 5’s conclusion was weak and left a lot to be desired even though it was a strong game in the series the pacing was off

haven’t beaten 0 or like a dragon though yet probably because I actually bought 0 when it was on sale before I got gamepass so I have all the time in the world when I need my Yakuza fix.

You wilding, 5 ending is CRAZY. The gawd Kiryu put everything on the line to get back to his baby girl :mjcry:

6 ending was cool

Daps
You wilding, 5 ending is CRAZY. The gawd Kiryu put everything on the line to get back to his baby girl :mjcry:

6 ending was cool
It felt like Yakuza 3’s ending so it was in a sense repetitive.

And the baseball player’s finale needed more substance like his final boss had no real connection with him

And the Haruka Idol stuff put the pacing off for me when the first chapter was soo strong.

RennisDeynolds

Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
It felt like Yakuza 3’s ending so it was in a sense repetitive.

And the baseball player’s finale needed more substance like his final boss had no real connection with him

And the Haruka Idol stuff put the pacing off for me when the first chapter was soo strong.

Shinada vs Baba one of my favorite fights in the series :banderas:. I want a fan of him initially but he ended up turning out to be a great character with how things played out.

The connection was more thematic if anything. Shinada is letting go of the past and choosing his own path instead of how he used to be. Baba stuck in that shyt he had to get it beaten out of him

I am no good at these rhythm games but I enjoyed the idol mini games and side quests

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
I just beat this and finished the series. I don’t even have the words brehs :mjcry:

Here’s how I rank the games:

Like a Dragon
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 2 Kiwami
Yakuza 0
Yakuza 1 Kiwami
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 3

Good list why is like a dragon #1?

Yakuza 0
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 2 Kiwami
Yakuza 1 Kiwami
Yakuza 4
Judgement (if it counts)
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 3

Haven't finished:
Like a Dragon (about 15 hours in)
Lost Judgement (will Plav next year)

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Good list why is like a dragon #1?

Yakuza 0
Yakuza 6
Yakuza 2 Kiwami
Yakuza 1 Kiwami
Yakuza 4
Judgment (if it counts)
Yakuza 5
Yakuza 3

Haven't finished:
Like a Dragon (about 15 hours in)
Lost Judgment (will Plav next year)

It was the first game I played in the series and on my Series X:wow:

I think I actually like the dragon engine combat more than the turn-based combat:patrice: But I also think that it playing as an RPG with party members, loyalty missions, etc plays to Yakuza's strength's in narrative and character development. I'm excited to see what they do with the next one

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Gotcha the turn base combat is cool but I prefer the real time battles so far I like the Ichiban story.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I fukked up. These games were on Game Pass forever and they’re about to get pulled. I just started playing 0 and this shyt is FIRE. I never played a Yakuza game before but this one in the 80’s remind me of Shenmue.

I really fukked up. :ld: