ya know what I thought of...there isn't a consensus on 'best street fighter ever' is there?

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh:

GOAT SF moment:blessed:

Everytime i see this video man... :to:

Beautiful. Brings a tear to my eye. This is what really sold me on fighting games i used to only play fps. On some other ish, capcom vs snk2 is my second favorite after this game

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Alpha 3
Super Street Fighter 2
3rd Strike

3rd Strike seems to be real popular online, but I never met anyone in real life that fukked with 3rd Strike like that. Lot of nikkas I talked to didn't really feel them characters like that. If you knew the moves and how the system worked than the game was piff. I still enjoyed Apha 3 more though.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
There was always a line for 3rd Strike, CvS2,and MvC2. 3rd Strike might not have been as popular because it was harder to get into but it is the best SF game imo.

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Alpha series is trash fck that series :pacspit:

3rd strike the GOAT :blessed:

GOAT music :blessed:
GOAT game mechanics :blessed:
Balance not the greatest but..
Its easily the most fun SF game ever created :wow:

3rd strike Makoto is just :wow:

SSF4 AE comes second for me

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Purists will say Super Turbo
Technicians will say 3rd Strike
Youngsters and Newbies to SF wills say SFIV:AE
and people who came up with mostly Playstation and not SNES will say Alpha 3

me personally Super Turbo is so pure but 3rd Strike is SOOOO balanced, say what you want about Ken/Yun/Urien a good anything can beat a good anything in 3rd Strike...and we all know what timely parries can do :win:

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I'm the only one who has a disdain for the iv series :banderas:

I don't like the IV series that much. Not because I think the gameplay is sh1t, but because the art direction is so crap I got turned off from it very quickly. I hate the fact there are no character themed stages/music alot. Alot more than I should, but these are the small things that made street fighter iconic.

Jone2three45

Supporter
Daps
I don't like the IV series that much. Not because I think the gameplay is sh1t, but because the art direction is so crap I got turned off from it very quickly. I hate the fact there are no character themed stages/music alot. Alot more than I should, but these are the small things that made street fighter iconic.

I totally agree with you.
It does not have the magic that makes it a street fighter game.
The lack of personal stages, music bosses proves that. I also hate costumes, this is not tekken, get that shyt out of here. The art direction is so garbage to look at, capcom
Should be ashamed of themselves. I believe the guy who left capcom, I forget his name said that iv did not feel like a sf game, it looked and felt like something else. That's why I believe that KOF XIII was truly the best fighter this gen.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I totally agree with you.
It does not have the magic that makes it a street fighter game.
The lack of personal stages, music bosses proves that. I also hate costumes, this is not tekken, get that shyt out of here. The art direction is so garbage to look at, capcom
Should be ashamed of themselves. I believe the guy who left capcom, I forget his name said that iv did not feel like a sf game, it looked and felt like something else. That's why I believe that KOF XIII was truly the best fighter this gen.

Oh hands down KOF is the best fighter of the gen i just wish there was more game and that team did more with the presentation....if you put KOF fighting along with a SF budget i think you could have a really classic game on your hands