The Return of Ta-Nehisi Coates - A decade after “The Case for Reparations,” he is ready to take on Israel, Palestine, and the American media

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Is this really the hill you’re attempting to die on? It’s not even one he cares much about himself.

He’s done a lot of interviews on the topic. His intentions are clear.

He’s using his writings as a way to help the Palestinian cause, encourage the ending of American support for genocide, and what he hopes may lead to more Palestinian voices covering the events of the region in what he views as an Israeli perspective bias in coverage.

Emotionally dap fishing :pachaha:
Or worse, fishing for an argument in hopes of a gotcha moment. :mjlol:

Oh let's be clear, there's no gotcha moment from here. We collectively know what your shtick on here is. Still won't get you that covered position in Clyburn's back office, but keep on trying :pachaha:

And it is a shtick, because...

Coates? Propagandist? nikka what? :dead:

Again, kudos. I have zero expectations concerning any of your posts in this part of the forum, and somehow you manage to fall below them :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
have a rudimentary understanding of the English language brehs :mjlol:

Ain’t no way you’re pushing 40 and don’t understand what propaganda is or that it doesn’t have to be falsehoods.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
have a rudimentary understanding of the English language brehs :mjlol:

Ain’t no way you’re pushing 40 and don’t understand what propaganda is or that it doesn’t have to be falsehoods.

Nah we not gonna let that fly unchallenged. It's not my handle of the English language that needs challenging here :pachaha:

When someone speaks about propaganda, it is almost never used in the positive.

Goebbels
Israeli Hasbara
CIA leaflets in Vietnam
Vietcong communications over radio
Soviet broadcasts
Trump

I know you're being deliberately obtuse, and it's hard for you to break character, but while you're taking a break, see a common thread here?

Oh, by the way, I searched your posts, to see whether I'm tripping and you use this term more loosely than the average poster who hasn't been repeatedly kicked in the head by a horse (gotta eliminate some of the idiots :pachaha:)

Turns out... You don't. Unless the topic is MAGA or Russian propaganda, which shares a common thread of amplified and weaponized falsehoods.

Now please expound how Coates fits in this paradigm of propaganda. I'm not expecting a coherent answer by the way, but fukk it, let me have some faith :pachaha:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
When someone speaks about propaganda, it is almost never used in the positive.
You just want to argue.

information, ideas, opinions, or images, often only giving one part of an argument, that are broadcast, published, or in some other way spread with the intention of influencing people's opinions

He said he purposely is only giving one part of the argument.

Not sure why you want me to frame him as being deceptive when he’s been clear about his reasons for presenting only on side of the argument.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
You just want to argue.

information, ideas, opinions, or images, often only giving one part of an argument, that are broadcast, published, or in some other way spread with the intention of influencing people's opinions

He said he purposely is only giving one part of the argument.

Not sure why you want me to frame him as being deceptive when he’s been clear about his reasons for presenting only on side of the argument.

Yes, true. The likes of MLK and Baldwin and avoided the tag "propagandist" because they provided both sides of the argument. As you see, the other side had really good points. Coates would be wise to acknowledge the arguments of the other side.

:mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Oh, by the way, I searched your posts, to see whether I'm tripping and you use this term more loosely than the average poster who hasn't been repeatedly kicked in the head by a horse (gotta eliminate some of the idiots :pachaha:)

Turns out... You don't. Unless the topic is MAGA or Russian propaganda, which shares a common thread of amplified and weaponized falsehoods.
Since you searched my post you probably see me calling anything meant to influence people, often through emotion, even if true as propaganda and always qualify what type of propaganda I believe it to be.

I imagine the lack of quotes from your search means you were disappointed in your quest for a gotcha. :mjlol:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Yes, true. The likes of MLK and Baldwin and avoided the tag "propagandist" because they provided both sides of the argument. As you see, the other side had really good points. Coates would be wise to acknowledge the arguments of the other side.

:mjlol:
This is a strawman.

I actually called Duokopil as a propagandist as well for merely fixating on Zionist whataboutism.

In fact, the point I made was fair and the question was fair if it wasn’t steeped in sensationalism — something I haven’t accused Coates of.

Good journalist see nothing wrong with the question of,

“You seem to be focused on telling one side of the story, why is that?”

Further, considering some form of this question has been asked in all of his interview stops promoting the book I have no issues in accepting this is an intentional part of his rollout.

Anyway, I’ll be reading his book like I have his others and expect a good read.

Hopefully you’ll do the same.

Conan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Since you searched my post you probably see me calling anything meant to influence people, often through emotion, even if true as propaganda and always qualify what type of propaganda I believe it to be.

I imagine the lack of quotes from your search means you were disappointed in your quest for a gotcha. :mjlol:

The gotcha was months ago when you threw a bytch fit and threatened to stop posting over criticism of Israel. Everything since then fits, the prosecution been rested

I just have time this afternoon :pachaha:

I'm reading up on MLK's propagandist activities. Learning more and more every day.

f11f9uwhewl71.jpg

:pachaha:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Im sorry, let me condense it down further:

I don’t think a Jewish man whose family lives in Israel is the type of person you were referring to when we started this discussion.

He certainly isn’t representative of the types of people I’ve ever discussed Coates with. :pachaha:
So he shouldn't be a serious journalist and ask serious questions because he is Jewish?

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/19
@SanaSaeed
The insane interrogation of Coates and the regurgitation of Israeli, anti-Palestinian propaganda by host Tony Dokoupil makes sense when you learn that he is fully personally invested in the system of occupation, settler colonialism and apartheid.

[Quoted tweet]
Ta-Nehisi Coates’ new book, “The Message,” is a trio of interconnected essays that examine how the stories people tell — or avoid telling — can shape and even distort reality: “I am most concerned always with those that don’t have a voice.” cbsn.ws/4gJxe2g

2/19
@SanaSaeed
It’s going to be interesting to see how the white liberal mediasphere interacts with Coates, now that he has fully crossed the one red line - Palestine. There’s no way to really push back against a man who is known for his writings on the legacies of enslavement and Jim Crow, who now is comparing that to the existence of Israel, and not come across as a racist hypocrite.

3/19
@SanaSaeed
I love how he answers the ‘Israel’s right to exist’ point - that’s all that should and can be said in this setting. He didn’t take the bait, he rejected the premise and moved on. Can’t wait for my copy of A Message to arrive.

4/19
@SanaSaeed
Another point about Dokoupil - he did the propaganda straight from Israel too, for CBS.

5/19
@SanaSaeed
Here we go:

[Quoted tweet]
This same anchor - @tonydokoupil - who parroted Israeli propaganda in a hostile interview w/Ta-Nehisi Coates, who has a direct vested interest in the proliferation of Israeli violence, parrots more Israeli talking points here - justifying Israeli aggression against the Lebanese,

6/19
@andyreports
It’s a tough conversation between two journalists with different perspectives. Both provided stark pushback from each side of the conversation to inform viewers of different perspectives. Just because someone doesn’t share your view point doesn’t mean they’re pushing “propaganda”

7/19
@SanaSaeed
He literally is arguing the Palestinians deserve apartheid my guy

8/19
@mqudsi
I never heard of the douchebag before but knew immediately he had a personal axe to grind.

9/19
@waitbhai
President Trump and Elon Musk are doing more in a day than the current president and vice-president of the United States will do in their worthless lifetimes.

10/19
@JeanPGelinas
Coates’ answers were brilliant.

11/19
@Ceceya97457
It was crazy, but he handled himself pretty well, tho

12/19
@walkenwithpals
Did /search?q=#TonyDokoupil happen to mention this during his "conversation" with Coates?

13/19
@FreeCoffeePods
Crazy. First thing he should have started with would be revealing his ties to Israel then proceeding with questions

14/19
@jaywhohuh
not the ultimate point, but Tony Dokoupil’s quip “you’re still invited to high holidays” is absolutely a racialized threat about conditional acceptance

15/19
@BreeEsq
Speaking of insane interrogations:

[Quoted tweet]
Now that Israel has MURDERED Palestinian journalist @wafa_Gaza, will someone PLEASE demand that the craven racists @TalkTV answer for the naked contempt with which @JuliaHB1 dismissed and mocked her on-air? May @wafa_Gaza rest in power. And may her tormentors never rest again.

16/19
@BehemothBtc
we are blessed to have intellectuals like Coates, straight up.

17/19
@UdsiAsli
Is Coates really the first to break through after 76 years?

18/19
@Rod_D6791
Looking forward to the book as well.

19/19
@pjem476
I couldn't believe my ears this morning.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196

GYvwBs6WEAAM2ZS.jpg

GYvwBs6WYAA0Z2g.jpg

GYv2JAGXgAA2gKO.jpg

GYwBidDXcAAOFEh.jpg

GY1jDlUX0Akel0x.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps

1/3
@adamjohnsonCHI
Well here come the hits. Within the first 30 seconds Tony Dokoupil more or less calls Coates a terrorist lover then vomits out every dum dum pro Israel cliche before Coates can even get a word out.

[Quoted tweet]
Ta-Nehisi Coates’ new book, “The Message,” is a trio of interconnected essays that examine how the stories people tell — or avoid telling — can shape and even distort reality: “I am most concerned always with those that don’t have a voice.” cbsn.ws/4gJxe2g

2/3
@adamjohnsonCHI
We even get a “why don’t Palestinians have agency??” drop a la 2016. Coates is denying agency, repeat, Coates is an A G E N C Y D E N I E R

3/3
@db_maggi
Tony Dokoupil has memorized the entire zionist playbook.

To post tweets in this format, more info here: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/tips-and-tricks-for-posting-the-coli-megathread.984734/post-52211196