ya know what I thought of...there isn't a consensus on 'best street fighter ever' is there?

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Third Strike is my all time favorite and the most important fighting game for me, but I think 6 is an update away from being the best hands down. It's a really, really good start.
Third Strike.
Ya know what is disappointing. We're in a fighting game revival right now, and there are a lot of 2D anime inspired fighters with some bright active sprites...

granblue-granblue-fantasy.gif

They look like a fukkin slide show. Idk how anyone could even look at them and think hey are suitable in 2024.

It's insane that SF3 looks significantly smoother
street-fighter-3rd-strike.gif

tenor.gif

Anime fighters are terrible to even look at imo

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Ya know what is disappointing. We're in a fighting game revival right now, and there are a lot of 2D anime inspired fighters with some bright active sprites...

They look like a fukkin slide show. Idk how anyone could even look at them and think hey are suitable in 2024.

tenor.gif

Here's your problem right here. These companies make anime fighting games and figure the fanbase will accept anything.

Daps
It's Third Strike to me, but I understand why 2T or 4 is the best to some people, and it looks like 6 might be in that convo too.

That's the thing about SF; Capcom changed it up enough over the years that you get a lot of fresh takes, so there will never be a consensus on it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Best answer is 3rd strike. People not gonna like that though.

Only game that probably could be played forever on its latest version and consistently have multiple metas at play

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

tenor.gif

Hand drawn 2D>>>>>

I love the way guilty gear and granblue look. But hand drawn 2d animation has and will always have more life to it than anything else.

hadouken

quarter circle forward
Daps
being the first Coli street fighter champion. I must say SF4 was my favorite. The tournament scene was niche and stuck in the sf3 era. SF4 pumped life back into the franchise. Had a blast playing that game and going to all the local tourneys.